No announcement yet.

Demar DeRozan vs. Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Raptors should obviously build around Harrison Barnes. Oh, wait. They haven't drafted him yet, have they?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      I think the Raptors should obviously build around Harrison Barnes. Oh, wait. They haven't drafted him yet, have they?
      Yes this guy understands
      I really hope we get the chance to draft him next year, he would make an awesome wing combo with Demar
      We just have to sit through a pretty bad year but im okay with that

Comment

Frankthetank wrote: View Post
        I would agree their was no super star last year. You don't need a true franchise player to make the playoffs. Look at the celtics, bucks, magic none of them have a player that scores over 20 consistently. All very good teams. The raptors need a team and team players they have lots of guys who can put the ball in the hoop. Its their defense that will make and break the team next year. The Raptors were 6-7 without bosh not much different from them with Bosh. THe raptors will play a different offense next year which will be free flowing not this walk the ball up and pass the ball to bosh in the post. Then you have bargni getting tonnes of mismatches on the pick and roll that they never got him the ball because the ball was going to bosh. the raptors will play more entertaining basketball next year.
        The difference is that most of those teams have consistent 20-ppg scorers who just choose not to score as much for the sake of ball movement. Those teams have multiple threats whom oppositions might usually double team. Bargnani and DeRozan are not at that level yet.

You're right, you don't necessarily need a true franchise player in the sense that the team revolves around one person. But you do need enough firepower to make defences have to pick their poison.

Comment

You would have to project bargnani as 20 point score next year. Triano could just run pick and roll after pick and roll with the team thats esembled. Add two mobile big men in davis and amir and two wing athletes like weeks and derozan and scoring shouldn't be the problem.

Comment

Just because a player scores 20+ ppg doesn't make him a franchise player, and just because a player doesn't score 20 ppg doesn't mean he's NOT a franchise player. You guys get too caught up in numbers.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Vik wrote: View Post
              The difference is that most of those teams have consistent 20-ppg scorers who just choose not to score as much for the sake of ball movement. Those teams have multiple threats whom oppositions might usually double team. Bargnani and DeRozan are not at that level yet.

You're right, you don't necessarily need a true franchise player in the sense that the team revolves around one person. But you do need enough firepower to make defences have to pick their poison.
              The signs that will tell me that they will keep the ball movement going is if I see Bargnani on AmirTV (Amir's youtube account) singing an R&B hip-hop song with Demar DeRozen and Sonny Weems.

Comment

While I agree with what most people are saying about DeRozen not being ready, keep in mind that Bosh was given the keys at Christmas of 04-05, his second year in the league. This was well before he had shown he was going to be a dominant force in the NBA, and while he did put up significantly better numbers than DeRozen in his first season, he was also a much more important option in the offence and played 10 more minutes a game. I think if you give tell DeRozen that he's the guy and start giving him the ball next season, we'll have two terrible years then he'll start to get it. He is a hard worker and probably one of the most athletic guys in the league so there really isn't much stopping him.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  You guys get too caught up in numbers.
                  And usually the wrong ones altogether.

Comment

I just love the optimism of some of the fans. We have the franchise in severe flux if not disarray as we write and we are trying to anoint one player coming off a so-so rookie campaign and who didnt even make the rookie team and another whose best items on his resume is that he was the first Euro selected #1 overall and that he has a good 3pt jack for a 7 ft'er (which btw regressed last campaign). I regret I am not particularly enthused with the choices....just yet anyway.

How about we concentrate on "TEAM" and enough of this overindulgence and emphasis on athletic freakoids who can jump above the rim (its still 2 pts. anyway you sink it)... and concentrate on protecting the said rim. I sense from the draft and rumored acquisitions that BC has capitulated from his "we need to score more than the others" brand of team building.

I view both DD and AB as nothing but pieces currently. How about making an outstanding defensive presence as the "leader" of the team. Have a paradigm shift. Until that player makes himself known I feel the coach should in fact provide the leadership. I am however not sure about Triano filling this role.

Comment

The Raptors do not have a franchise player. End of story.
                      nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                        The Raptors do not have a franchise player. End of story.
                        Agreed.

I think you can build a team approach using them both, but I don't think you brand either of these guys as "the franchise". Why can't we just build a team with complimentary pieces and let THEM work out who the go-to guy is going to be?

The one guy on the floor that everybody trusts will naturally become the leader. Telling everybody that THIS guy is more special than the rest of them without any evidence is just going to splinter the team.

Comment

Working...
                        X