Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rumour: Lakers to Offer BC Odom & Bynum for Bosh & Jack

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rumour: Lakers to Offer BC Odom & Bynum for Bosh & Jack

As reported through Rotoworld:

The Lakers are expected to try to send Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom to Toronto for Chris Bosh and Jarrett Jack as part of a sign-and-trade.

It's a far-fetched idea, especially with Bynum's health in serious doubt. However, the Raptors are willing to take whatever they can get for Bosh at this point, so there's a possibility. The biggest problem is that Bosh apparently has his sights set on playing with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade or both.
    Source: NBA.com
    Source: RotoWorld.com

If this happens, does this mean the end of Bargs?
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jun 29th, 2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: You must provide a direct link to the source

Post Thanks / Like

Please post links to any material you post here from an outside source.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as the original "offer" was Bynum for Bosh, I think I could handle giving up Jack for Odom.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe it. I also don't believe Lamar Odom would be a happy camper leaving there and coming here.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What would Missy Kardashian do in TO?

The city would never be the same again.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

They just won a title with Odom and Bynum playing key roles. It would be one of the biggest shocks in NBA history that they would dump two player's of tremendous size and skill when they don't have any depth at the front court.

Bynum for Bosh seems like a stretch after the title, but throwing in Odom as well, why not just throw in Kobe for Jose.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

and let's not forget about this S&T, Bosh is the one in charge, not BC.. if Lakers is not one of Bosh's preferred team, it doesn't matter what LA or any team offers.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If that deal happens it would be highway robbery for us. I mean, I'd call this trade bullshit if it wasn't a sign and trade, but this is just ridiculous.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

highly doubt that would happen, odom would cry as soon as he got here and ask for a buyout and go straight back to LA lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

B.S. Report

The Max that Lakers will offer Toronto for Bosh is :

Odom, Sasha

There is noway they will give all that length up.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    What would Missy Kardashian do in TO?

The city would never be the same again.
    I was actually thinking that. I don't know if Lamar would be too happy leaving LaLa-land for the Great White North.

I don't see this happening unless Hedo is somehow moved elsewhere.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Odom would not want to come here. One day Fisher will start to get old and it looks like Farmar and Brown are going so adding Jack does make sense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Yep. Odom would not want to come here. One day Fisher will start to get old and it looks like Farmar and Brown are going so adding Jack does make sense.
    Who cares what Odom wants ??!! He is under the contract, Do you think Lakres care what he wants ?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tarunj wrote: View Post
    As reported through Rotoworld:

"The Lakers are expected to try to send Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom to Toronto for Chris Bosh and Jarrett Jack as part of a sign-and-trade.

It's a far-fetched idea, especially with Bynum's health in serious doubt. However, the Raptors are willing to take whatever they can get for Bosh at this point, so there's a possibility. The biggest problem is that Bosh apparently has his sights set on playing with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade or both.
    Source: NBA.com "

If this happens, does this mean the end of Bargs?
    Oh, god. I hope so.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What Kobe wants

I doubt that Kobe likes the idea of coming up against a "dream team" surrounding Lebron James every year. Doesn't he have to at least think about telling management to consider not only upgrading the Lakers with Bosh, but also depriving Lebron of his "ideal" running mate? I think the Lakers have to at least seriously consider a credible pitch for Bosh.

Raptors Republic Rookie MattyG-Ray's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't even matter. It's not like Toronto has any say in where Bosh is going to end up. Bosh gets to choose where he wants to go, and Toronto has to deal with it. What LA is willing to offer us in return is meaningless.
    I Am Shutup

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is pretty much the only way that the Raptors can 'win' a sign and trade, and even then it's only a win if Bynum overcomes his injury history. Honestly, I wouldn't expect the Lakers to offer Odom; they know how the Raptors were coveting Ebanks, and I can't help but think that they picked him up with the intent of including him in a sign-and-trade.

It still would require Bosh saying yes, but I think the Lakers are a better fit for him than either the Heat or the Bulls; playing with James or Wade, he will always be second banana. With the Lakers, as Kobe becomes more of a facilitator and clutch player and less of a dominant every-night player, there's the potential for Bosh to feel like he's the centerpiece of the team (even if in reality, it will always be Kobe's team).

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this would be great for the raps and for the lakers.
    I 100% would do it, in return we get two men who've won back to back rings, and knows the mental toughness it takes. I really think if Bynum is given proper time off to rest he will be good to go. His services were used alot through the season and you can't say even being injury prone he doesn't put in the effort. He would be great here with the young gunz! BRING IT!

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Who cares what Odom wants ??!! He is under the contract, Do you think Lakres care what he wants ?
    Ugh. It wouldn't be the first time someone that got traded here refused to put on the raps uniform.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There is about as much chance of this happening as there is of Lebron signing with the Clippers and leading them to a NBA title in 2010-11
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information