Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrafugia Transition 'Flying Car' Gets Go-Ahead From US Air Authorities

Terrafugia Transition 'flying car' gets go-ahead from US air authorities
    The Terrafugia Transition, a light aircraft that can convert into a road-legal automobile, is to go into production after being given a special weight exemption by the US Federal Aviation Administration.

By Tom Chivers
    Published: 12:56PM BST 29 Jun 2010

Seen here flying

Seen here as road vehicle

The two-seater Transition can use its front-wheel drive on roads at ordinary highway speeds, with wings folded, at a respectable 30 miles per gallon. Once it has arrived at a suitable take-off spot - an airport, or adequately sized piece of flat private land - it can fold down the wings, engage its rear-facing propellor, and take off. The folding wings are electrically powered.

Its cruising speed in the air is 115mph, it has a range of 460 miles, and it can carry 450lb. It requires a 1,700-foot (one-third of a mile) runway to take off and can fit in a standard garage.
    comp article on link

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...thorities.html

Here is the original flying care from the 1974 Bond movie - Man With A Golden Gun - This car is an AMC (American Motors Corp) Matador. AMC of course is now out of business

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

That "thing" looks like a road hazard and would be a blindspot nightmare changing lanes on the DVP. Theyll have to do a little more recessing of the wings and tail I think.

Comment

That is awesome.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Does it come in red? No? Damn...Thats a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          That "thing" looks like a road hazard and would be a blindspot nightmare changing lanes on the DVP. Theyll have to do a little more recessing of the wings and tail I think.
          I am sure that it is a lot safer than this

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Here is another vehicle that you can fly and drive on the streets. This one supposedly also goes on the water.

Comment

Working...
            X