Rasho Nestrovic(Sign And Trade)
    2011 Second Pick

Raptors Lineup

C- Andrea Baragani or Ed Davis/Soloman Alabi/ Joel Anthony
    PF- Andrea,Davis,Hedo /Amir Johnson/Jarvis Varado
    SF- Hedo or Beasley/Sonny Weems
    SG-Demar Derozan/Marco/Wright
    PG-Jack/Calderon/Mario
    Last edited by lankanzero; Tue Jun 29, 2010, 11:29 AM.

Pretty sure Joel Anthony just opted out of his contract.

and we don't have Rasho under contract anymore either/why would he do a sign-and-trade to go to Miami, when he can just sign there straight-up forthe vet-min.

Comment

No t any trade that brings back Beasley. Guys a tool.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

its our only choice if he's going to the heat

Comment

I for one would be interested in seeing Beasley in a Raps uni. The guy's only 21 and has great hands around the basket which you can't teach, he still has to grow up but give him time. In his time in Miami he had a lot more success playing the 4 than the 3, he averaged a shade under 20 & 10 when Haslem was out. The only real problem I see is that we have Amir(assuming he re-signs) and Ed Davis, and it could stunt their development, but Beasley has the potential to be a better player than both of them so I think it's worth it. Considering it looks like Bosh is going to Miami or Chicago, I'd much rather have Beasley than injury prone Luol Deng.

Comment

I suspect we won't see much in Bosh S&T. We'd be lucky to get any future considerations in terms of second round picks; however, the case may be different if he chooses Miami. They need to offload Beasley's contract if they want to sign James as well... but I doubt Riley will be giving up any future picks in such deal

Comment

iheartcoffee wrote: View Post
              I for one would be interested in seeing Beasley in a Raps uni. The guy's only 21 and has great hands around the basket which you can't teach, he still has to grow up but give him time. In his time in Miami he had a lot more success playing the 4 than the 3, he averaged a shade under 20 & 10 when Haslem was out. The only real problem I see is that we have Amir(assuming he re-signs) and Ed Davis, and it could stunt their development, but Beasley has the potential to be a better player than both of them so I think it's worth it. Considering it looks like Bosh is going to Miami or Chicago, I'd much rather have Beasley than injury prone Luol Deng.
              but would you rather have beasley than gibson?

Comment

It will be either Chicago or Heat. So It will be either Beasly or Gibson.

Comment

I would rather have beasley than Gibson any day of the week.
                  It's about money

Comment

iheartcoffee wrote: View Post
                    The only real problem I see is that we have Amir(assuming he re-signs) and Ed Davis, and it could stunt their development, but Beasley has the potential to be a better player than both of them so I think it's worth it.
                    Well, it depends on how much you value defense. Beasley has the potential to be a much better offensive player than both, but Ed Davis has the potential to be a better all around player than Beasley, because he should end up being a much better defender and rebounder. In the end, that's the sort of thing thing that is going to help you win. Scoring is nice, defense and rebounding are mandatory.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

At the moment, we have no one on the team that can create their own shot on a consistent basis. That means we have to rely heavily on the team sets, and judging from last year, we don't have many plays other than swing it around then give it to Bosh for an iso.
                      The possible addition of Beasley, who is a natural scorer with an array of inside/outside moves would be a nice boost to our offense. Yes he might play the same position as Davis, Johnson, but playing time should be earned and not given, we can easily let the trio duke it out in training camp/summer league, and the winner gets to start.
                      As of Beasley being a headcase, he wasn't a locker room cancer, he hasn't run into the stand to knock out a fan, that's good enough for me.

Comment

I'd take Beasley over Gibson, I feel that he has a higher ceiling as a player. Which ever player we get it will a short term fix anyways, somewhere down the line we're going to have to get a true center and Bargnani is going to have to play PF, I can't see us ever making the playoffs with him at C.

Comment

I would take Beasley over Gibson, and i have said for awhile that him coming back would be the best situation for the Raptors. If you get Beasley, our pick back, maybe Miami's 2011, a filler like Chalmers, plus a trade exception, i think thats a solid haul in a S&T situation

Comment

You guys must be crazy, did u see beasely in the playoffs? He didn't do shit. He has absolutly no work ethic at all. Gibson plays with energy, hustles and is a hard nose player, just like most of the bulls core. I guarentee if beasley were to come here he wouldn't do shut for us, and he'd leave as soon as his contracts done. Yes I agree that he has a much higher ceiling but he would not be a good fit for the raps, I can already see him slacking off and missing practises.

Comment

If the Raptors want to get something better then Beasley then they will need to facilitate a 3 way deal with another team.

Based on Beasley skill sets the teams that may be interested and can accomodate Toronto with useful player/s back that can be better suited for the Raptors needs are the 76'ers (Young&Speights) and The Thunder (Jeff Green).

Comment

Working...
                              X