Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Trying To Land Ryan Gomes (Gomes Waived Pg. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gomes is a below average but serviceable role player. He would fill that combo forward role off the bench reasonably well.

So long as it's a short term contract, preferably one year, I have no problems with Gomes coming over. I am against any long term contract though.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Maybe but it's better to have that depth than to have to depend on undersized Weems and Belinelli. What if he can be had for Banks?
      ya, but he can be waived for like a mill. why would they want banks who can be bought oput fo r4 times as much?
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Well. Gomes is available. He was just waived by the Trailblazers:

The Portland Trail Blazers have waived forward Ryan Gomes. Gomes, along with Luke Babbitt (16th overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft), was acquired in a draft day trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves for guard/forward Martell Webster.
        Source - Click here

Comment

Beat me to it.

I'm sure his next contract will be smaller than his current. I, however, feel this takes him out of play for the Raptors. In such a deep free agent class it's probably not wise to use it up on a guy who isn't going to see many minutes.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Seven teams in seven years. Drew Gooden sure would fit in with Bryan's philosophy of "every year is a rebuild year."
            Bryan has never rebuilt, he's retooled.

Comment

Realist wrote: View Post
              Bryan has never rebuilt, he's retooled.
              Exactly. Which is why he doesn't want to get rid of Turkoglu.

Comment

Working...
              X