Colangelo. Rebuild For a Shot at This Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    oh for god sakes we haven'te even started this off season yet adn you are already talking about the next one. have we givin up all hope?
    Be honest, when Bosh leaves and the Raps either get Deng, Lee or Beasley back...do you really see that team making the playoffs let alone a top 4 seed?

I think its better to have a 15-20 win season than to have a 35-40 win season because at best you'll be ousted in the first round or end up with low lottery picks and players like Ed Davis. Better to suck for a couple of years accumulate young talent (hopefully a superstar) near the top of the draft and in a few years the Raps could be Oklahoma instead of always being mediocre like the Pacers.

Comment

ibzilla wrote: View Post
      Be honest, when Bosh leaves and the Raps either get Deng, Lee or Beasley back...do you really see that team making the playoffs let alone a top 4 seed?

I think its better to have a 15-20 win season than to have a 35-40 win season because at best you'll be ousted in the first round or end up with low lottery picks and players like Ed Davis. Better to suck for a couple of years accumulate young talent (hopefully a superstar) near the top of the draft and in a few years the Raps could be Oklahoma instead of always being mediocre like the Pacers.
      to be honest i don't think bryan is going to take back deng or beasley he might take consideration at lee. but, he's likely to just take back expiring deals, draft picks, te's,money.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

im hoping for a perry jones, brandon knight or a kyrie irving if were remotely lucky next year, they would deff solve our pg problems and jones would add tones of athleticism to our frontcourt

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          oh for god sakes we haven'te even started this off season yet adn you are already talking about the next one. have we givin up all hope?
          I second this.

One thought though: Wasn't Avery Bradley the highest rated guard only one year ago?

Be careful what you wish for now.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

the 1st rounder we sent to Miami in the JO trade looks more and more like its going to bite us in the ass bigtime. I think it's only lottery protected next year. Can anyone elaborate on the status of the pick?

Comment

ChrisR wrote: View Post
              the 1st rounder we sent to Miami in the JO trade looks more and more like its going to bite us in the ass bigtime. I think it's only lottery protected next year. Can anyone elaborate on the status of the pick?
              Yeah, it was a horrible trade by the over-rated Colangelo. An Isiah thomas type trade. He turned Charlie V, the number 7 pick, coming of a great rookie year into cap space (Turk) and Marcus Banks. And he threw in a pick to Miami.

It is lottery protected until 2014. Hopefully with a couple of back to back 20 win seasons by the raps, they should be a good team by then.....if they get a real gm (Kevin Pritchard is a free agent btw)

Comment

Working...
              X