Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010-2011 Raptors Season Will Be the Best One Yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-2011 Raptors Season Will Be the Best One Yet!

Okay dudes, we are all stuck in the quagmire that is CB's departure/slap in the face of the franchise, but lets start looking ahead.

While it is hard to tell what the future roster will look like (should know a bit more this time next week), the Raps have a lot to look forward too.

Here are 5 reasons I think this season will be a fan favorite:

1. More 'team' accountability- Bosh's departure will signal a move away from a "franchise player" mentality (hopefully). This will mean everyone will have to man-up and step up their game. No relying on ol' faithful CB and putting the pressure on him in tough situations.

2. More room for player development- with a more fluid, pass-oriented offense, we should see the skill-sets of our young core (Bargs, Weems, DD, Big Ed, Johnson, etc) blossom.

3. Change in tempo- lets face it, CB was not Carl Lewis, and does have some lingering knee issues. In his absences, we should be able to push the pace.

4. New leadership- CB was nominated our "captain" by management, but from an outsider perspective, did not exhibit any sense of on the court/bench prowess as a leader, in the vein of Garnett, Kobe/Fisher, Bill Russell. Who will take over? Who knows? I would bet on JJ.

5. Less Pressure- last year was a maelstrom of pressure and uncertainty with CB's looming departure and the 'need' to dig deep in the playoffs to foster his respect and commitment to the team. This year we finally have a chance to find ourselves as a team, and work hard to get there. Be it 25 wins or 45 wins, as long as the effort is there and some measurable growth is discerned, us fans should be happy.

@ multipaul

I totally agree with your list,I can't wait for the cb era to stop,and a new young team full of possibility to start.

Comment

hopefully it will be closer to 25 wins than 45

Comment

How much is Colangelo paying you?

Comment

ibzilla wrote: View Post
          hopefully it will be closer to 25 wins than 45
          i dont know if im hoping to lose 57 games but it seems realistic
          i think this year will be more about player development and is a rebuliding year
          Triano is just a filler untill BC finds someone legit which is probably after the season

Comment

im excited about the young players getting a chance to have fun... kind of in the same way i enjoy watching the thunder play... minus a durant quality player of course...

but then its not like the raps have had a player of durant's calibre ever

Comment

I agree with you. If this team works together and works hard, I can put up with a few 'L'. It's an important step for the future.

Comment

What I colloquially call "The Bosh Fiasco" in my opinion has kept this team down, for at least for this past year, but most likely longer. That everything that ever happened - including every win and every loss - was put in a, "how does this effect the future of the organization" (ie, how does this effect Bosh staying/leaving) frame must have had some serious consequences to team chemistry. How could it not? I'm looking forward to getting the Free Agent mess out of the way.

Actually, the whole 2010 free agent mess in my opinion has caused some damage to the league. Who in their right minds can argue at this point that the league hasn't simply become a cod-piece to its marquee stars? The stars run the show - and a select few at that. Way more so now than ever. And that in no way is good for the "teams" that are supposedly what this league is comprised of.

Basically, as players understand it now, the word is now spelled "teime," and Bosh saying he wants his teime built around him, that he wants a teime where he's the man, where he is the I in the new formulation of the word, is the best metaphor for what the NBA has become.

Comment

I agree with Jeff, this whole season had a cloud of uncertainty cast over it, largely for Miami, TOR, and Cleveland. But also for those teams clearing out cap space hoping to secure free agents. It felt like alot of the "fun" of the game was taken out of it.

Heinz is right, watching teams like OKC make you realize what basketball is about- fun. Not endorsements, not publicity, not twitter posts, just plain old fun. Basketball is a kids game played by adults for big money. We love it cause it's fun. And we love it more when we see our team playing with passion for the love of the game, not for the love of fame.

Bye bye CB, I'm sure you will get your name on the walk of fame some day........

and then i will sh*t on it..

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                    I agree with Jeff, this whole season had a cloud of uncertainty cast over it, largely for Miami, TOR, and Cleveland. But also for those teams clearing out cap space hoping to secure free agents. It felt like alot of the "fun" of the game was taken out of it.

Heinz is right, watching teams like OKC make you realize what basketball is about- fun. Not endorsements, not publicity, not twitter posts, just plain old fun. Basketball is a kids game played by adults for big money. We love it cause it's fun. And we love it more when we see our team playing with passion for the love of the game, not for the love of fame.

Bye bye CB, I'm sure you will get your name on the walk of fame some day........

and then i will sh*t on it..
                    i'm sure that when it comes time for KD, westbrook et al to sign their next contracts, they'll surely put the team ahead of themselves & re-sign for the MLE.
                    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Lets Assume that we get Beasly back for Bosh and Gortat and Pietrus for Hedo.

PG : Jose, Jack, Banks
                      SG: Beli, DD
                      SF: Weems, Pietrus
                      PF: Amir, Davis, Reggie, Dorsy
                      C: AB, Gortat, Alabi

this team will not win more than 15 game. Mark my word.

Comment

One of either Jose or JJ will be gone, most likely Jose.

And ain't no way we keep Beasley even if we get him back. Think 3 way trade with another team. BC ain't that stupid.

Pietrus is a good player though, as is Gortat. I think you might be underestimating their value.

Comment

no more franchise guys for a while please
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i agree that it will be a more laid-back year for the raptors after this whole bosh fiasco is done and over with but i cant necessarily say that im that all exited about the raps this year but i will be exited about the raps pick next year if im even remotely right where the raps will place

Comment

We have a decent not great young core and some depth hopefully we can dump calderon or turk with bosh on miami and shed some salary that way.
                              PG - Jack - space - banks
                              Sg - Derozan - Belinelli
                              Sf - Weems - space
                              Pf - Johnson - Davis - Evans
                              C- Bargnani - space - Alabi
                              If we can get rid of Calderon with Bosh to Miami Id be happy with that no matter what we got back. Theres gonna be some fun spurts of next season watching us play in transition and its going to be interesting to see whether or not Triano is really the Xs and Os guy he claims to be cuz if he can make this team excel in the half court without Bosh I'd be very impressed. Ultimately, i think most of next season is going to be stagnant offense and a lot of blowouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X