Does this remind you of anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this remind you of anyone?

Popovich over the years has gained a reputation as a surly interviewee and a testy dealer with the media. In a 2007 interview with Craig Sager of TNT, Popovich ignored a question by Sager regarding a current game and outwardly questioned Sager's professionalism. In various in-game interviews, Popovich has been known for giving extremely short and sarcastic answers, as well as appropriately simplistic responses to reporters' obvious questions.

I was jus reading some stuff on Pops and found the above a little familiar.

Yeah, like Pop, it seems Smitch's philosophy was ask a stupid question get a stupid answer.

Comment

I never thought I'd ever say this, but I miss Sam. He might not of been the best coach, but you can't say we wasn't entertaining to listen too.

Comment

I liked him as a coach.

It always bothered me that all these teenagers and 20 somethings knew so much about coaching. At that age, you barely have enough life experience to live without mom and dad.

Personally, I don't care about my coach being a media darling. I just want him to be firmly in control of the team, and have a measure of fear/respect.

Think about it this way. Who would you rather have as coach if you received a player like Carmelo, or Rasheed Wallace? Triano or Sam. There is a lot to be said for someone that walked the walk.

Comment

I really need to see video of this. Nothing on YouTube, at least I couldn't find anything.

Comment

I hate KG but this is hilarious:

Comment

Comment

After Phil Jackson, Popovich is one of my favourite coaches in sports. Just a genius...
                Toronto's Finest

Comment

Working...
                X