Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LeBatard & Ford: Bosh to Miami (Update on Pg. 6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    I hope it is Jose and Not Jack.

Also, do you know how long is Chalmbers and Anthony's contract ?
    One year a pop for Chalmers and Beasley. I think the Heat have made a qualifying offer to Anthony so that just allows them to match any offer he receives. It would be up to Colangelo to decide the terms beyond that.

Comment

Funny.
      Miami will end up with two starters and nothing else.
      Toronto will end up with roster full of backups and no starters.

Comment

I think the starting year number for Wade and Bosh is $16.6M each. That's around $33M total. If the salary cap is announced to be $54M (no one knows yet for sure) then the Heat still would have $21M to play with. That means they aren't in bad shape. If they don't land James they could sign six guys at $3.5M a piece to fill out a full 8 man rotation and then sign five more vets to the vet minimum. If they land James as well they'd be looking at around $4M of cap space to spend on players before they're reduced to using the vet minimum to fill their roster.

Comment

Oh dear lord, tell me this isn't true. Chalmers would be a decent backup pg. Anthony would be (at least, should be) an end of bench role player. And Beasley is a head case who, while definitely talented, has shown no signs he "gets it" Yes, he's young and all, and who knows, maybe he'll eventually fulfil his promise, but do we really need another huge question mark? I guess if we get our number one pick back, and Miami's first rounder, the implosion that this trade would create, together with the trade exception, would fit in well with a "gut the team and rebuild" scenario and mean that Toronto would get a very high pick next year...

Comment

Have a quick read of Beasley's profile on nbadraft.net. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon just yet, but I still think he has a chance to do some nice things. Will be interesting to see him in a new environment and out of wade's shadow. Maybe all he needs is an invite from the Young Gunz.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/michael-beasley

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              You're right, he's a PF. He is a PF who happens to be able to finish with both hands and handle the basketball. He has a similar skill set to Jamison. No one is doubting Jamison's natural position is PF but no one doubts he can play SF given his skill set. Hell, Hedo is the same size as Beasley and people naturally view him as a SF, go figure. Skills might have something to do with the perception of Hedo. I disagree about further screwing up the team. The team is in rebuild. It's a time when you experiment and try different things. Weems and DeRozan aren't big enough to handle SF posting them up on the block.
              I agree with you Apollo. One point I'd like to add though is to match up with the leagues small forwards he needs ball handling and finishing ability, but also passing and lateral quickness. Jamison and Hedo both have above average passing and ball-handling skills for PFs so they can handle on the ball pressure. Because Beasley is ambidextrous his ball handling is above average and he can finish with both hands but I'd like him to become a little quicker and better at moving the ball.

The Raptors have liked to play their non shooting wings near the baseline so that they can dive hard to the basket and utilize passing angles. Passing helps with movement and handling ball pressure here.

Lateral quickness because we want defence this year...right?

With this said though, I am all for trying Beasley as a SF. He might need a little work but we are in a rebuild.

He's 21 and going into his 3rd year in the NBA, not to mention he is a top 2 pick.

Apollo said it: It's a time when you experiment and try different things.

Besides, where else are we going to play him :P

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                One year a pop for Chalmers and Beasley. I think the Heat have made a qualifying offer to Anthony so that just allows them to match any offer he receives. It would be up to Colangelo to decide the terms beyond that.
                That is not bad at all. It is not like we are going to compete with anyone next season anyway
                I just hope there are draft picks involved as well like the one we gave them before and also additional one so we can use it and move our Turkish boy.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
                  Funny.
                  Miami will end up with two starters and nothing else.
                  Toronto will end up with roster full of backups and no starters.
                  Well come to rebuild.
                  Did you think we will get decent starters in a trade for Bosh ?
                  The best we get is some draft picks, some short contracts.

Comment

Well, according to Grange this rumour (like almost every other one) can be tossed in the "false" bin.

Link: http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2601

Comment

I think Anthony is an Unrestricted FA. He had a player option for next season and he declined to pick it up.

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                        Oh dear lord, tell me this isn't true. Chalmers would be a decent backup pg. Anthony would be (at least, should be) an end of bench role player. And Beasley is a head case who, while definitely talented, has shown no signs he "gets it" Yes, he's young and all, and who knows, maybe he'll eventually fulfil his promise, but do we really need another huge question mark? I guess if we get our number one pick back, and Miami's first rounder, the implosion that this trade would create, together with the trade exception, would fit in well with a "gut the team and rebuild" scenario and mean that Toronto would get a very high pick next year...
                        Beasley has one year left on contract. The guy isn't Satan. He's worth a look for one year.

Raptomist wrote: View Post
                        I think Anthony is an Unrestricted FA. He had a player option for next season and he declined to pick it up.
                        They made him a qualifying offer and as such:
                        Heat retains right to match offers for Joel Anthony
                        The qualifying offer can be rescinded by the Heat any time prior to Jan. 23. Anthony, however, has the right to sign the qualifying offer in the interim.
                        Source: Sun Sentinel
                        Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jun 30, 2010, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Hey, I'm a total newbie here and this is totally off-topic, but could someone tell me how to upload a photo to serve as my avatar? Every time I try to import a photo from a website, I'm told the image is too large. Any hints? Thanks.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                            Well come to rebuild.
                            Did you think we will get decent starters in a trade for Bosh ?
                            The best we get is some draft picks, some short contracts.
                            No, I had no illusions about what we'd get for Bosh, but that doesn't mean we have to pile up with benchwarmers. Rebuilding suggests BC has a vision for the direction of the team and is working towards it. Gathering up everybody's else's rejects doesn't exactly qualify.

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with depth, and I have no problem with rebuilding... but IF (big "if") BC is actually doing this, what's he doing it FOR? We have three back-up PGs already, and instead of adding a starter, he's going to add ANOTHER backup?

I'm not upset.... just confused. Building a team is one thing. Stacking up benchwarmers like cordwood is quite something else.

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                              Hey, I'm a total newbie here and this is totally off-topic, but could someone tell me how to upload a photo to serve as my avatar? Every time I try to import a photo from a website, I'm told the image is too large. Any hints? Thanks.
                              Use MS photomanager to reduce the size of the image you want to use. I set it to "web - small" and it picked it up fine.

Comment

Heat front-runners for Bosh?

Heat are reportedly the front-runners to obtaining Chris Bosh.

http://nbaprimetime.com/?p=1957

Comment

Working...
                                X