No announcement yet.

Proposal - Pipe Dream: Melo to Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal - Pipe Dream: Melo to Toronto?

I know this is BEYOND a pipe dream BUT...

I heard the nuggets are willing to trade Carmelo Anthony if they cant reach an agreement.. WHAT IF chris bosh was willing to be traded to the nuggets?

PIPE DREAM I KNOW -.-

He wouldnt go there unless melo was staying so cross that off. However It's possible he could be traded there to play with melo and nene billups and co. the nuggets have Lawson who would be a nice trade piece and they also have kmarts rather large expiring contract. theoretically they could trade lawson and kmart for bosh on a max deal but i doubt thats ever considered. I think the ideal trade would be kmart lawson and Jr Smith for bosh and calderon. Both kmart and smith combined would have 24-25 mil in expring contracts and lawson is a very solid building block and played with Ed Davis at UNC so there would be a familiarity there. If smith plays well we can keep him if not he would be an excellent trade chip at the deadline for a contending team. Teams are always looking for deadly 3pt shooters and solid bench scoring around the deadline.

Comment

I would not want JR Smith on my team, he is a me-first player and has terrible shot selection decisions(which was the reason, Denver lost in the first round this year coupled with George Karl not coaching the team and managing volatile personalities such as JR Smith, Kmart and Melo(yeah, he is volatile too, remember the ejection in this year`s playoffs and the vujacic choke)). I would welcome Kmart, he gives the Raptors a "thug" persona(instead of the "nice guys" persona we have) which is good for a 1 -year expiring contract rental though he will be a hands full for Triano which could get worse than the hedo drama .

I would also welcome Lawson, since he was former team-mates with Ed Davis to foster chemistry between team-mates. It is highly unlikely that Melo ever signs in Toronto(even when he is past his prime). I would not be surprised if he says we are the last team on the list to even have a chance to sign him. Infact, I would go out with a limp and say it could be as ugly as Zo with the Raptors or Steven Francis with Vancouver Grizzlies.

Comment

melo?

I high level source within my house in rural ontario has just told me that this trade is in the works

p.s. if everyone else can make up rumors why cant i...i was feeling left out ... oh well a man can dream cant he...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2cu2ozk
        Last edited by SitnonDfence; Thu Jul 1, 2010, 10:12 AM. Reason: link didnt work

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
          I high level source within my house in rural ontario has just told me that this trade is in the works

p.s. if everyone else can make up rumors why cant i...i was feeling left out ... oh well a man can dream cant he...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2cu2ozk
          LOOOOOOL. I wish. I love how it said we would lose 29 more games than this season. It's funny to think that the raptors did once have chauncey billups. as well as vince quiter, t-mac. what a team that would have been if they stuck around. Billups, Carter, McGrady, Bosh, Bargnani. Championship right there.

Comment

Working...
          X