Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Expectations on the Bosh-less Raptors

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Expectations on the Bosh-less Raptors

Aside from "less wins than last season's Nets" and "total rebuilding mode", what positive spin can we give for next season's Bosh-less Raptors?

If the season starts next week after the trade has been consummated, what positive expectations can we get from the Raps?

Considering a youth-laden team, how far do you think they'll go?

Jose/Jack/Chalmers/Banks
    DeRozan/Weems/Bellinelli
    Turkoglu/Beasley
    Bargnani/Davis/Amir/Evans
    Anthony/Dorsey

Doesnt look that bad...i think whats clearly missing is a 20pt player...

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    seconded...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If I don't hear the phrase 'historically bad defense' once, I'll consider the season a success. Mid lottery pick is most likely. Hopefully we'll see some individuals (Bargs, Davis, DeRozan) show some excellent growth. Getting Turkoglu to guy into a team system would be an added bonus.

Post Thanks / Like

If the Raps obtain (and keep) Beasley I will personally guarantee he averages 20 ppg. (I will not make any promises on his defense, but it really can't be much worse than that of Turk, Barg, Jose, Bellinelli, etc.)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

We will gain from Bosh's departure:
    1. Ability to play faster tempo
    2. Better ball movement=more effective offensive possessions and scoring
    3. Great opportunity for multi-player development
    4. Ability to experiment with new offensive and defensive schemes (yikes)
    5. The removal of a massive ego from our roster

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

You're obviously assuming Bosh goes to Miami for Chalmers, Anthony and Chalmers. That's certainly a possibility, but it's doubtful there have been any discussion, yet, so I think you're jumping the gun a bit. Besides, if the Raptors get Chalmers, it's safe to say either Calderon or Jack is gone.

You also seem to believe Turkoglu will be back.

Also, you're forgetting Solomon Alabi. I don't think he'll contribute much, but I definitely think he'll make the team.

I'm hard on Bargnani and would not like to see him return (obviously) but if he does, I wouldn't be surprised to see him average 20 ppg, but at a lower shooting percentage than this season. I certainly don't see him starting at PF, though, having both Johnson and Davis play behind him. The only way Bargnani will move to the four is if the Raptors get Bynum back in a sign and trade with Bosh or Dalembert back in a trade for TUrkoglu. Otherwise the Raptors are most likely going to start the season with Bargnani at center and Johnson at PF.

Personally, though, I'm looking at the development of the young players. I'm excited to see how much DeRozan and Weems improves, how Johnson does in a bigger role and what Davis brings to the table next season. I'm not going to get hung up on wins and losses. There's really no point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Aside from "less wins than last season's Nets" and "total rebuilding mode", what positive spin can we give for next season's Bosh-less Raptors?
    No more Juicy Fruit commercials.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Too hard to make any predictions yet because there is still much more work to be done this summer by Colangelo, but based on your roster above we're certainly lottery bound again next season. Lots of youth and lots of learning.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I'm hard on Bargnani

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

With that team, a maximum 15 win next season.

Raptors Republic Rookie Realist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We won't be awful. We'll once again be a .500 team fighting for 8th.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lebron is going to sign with us (sign and trade for Turk and Calderon), Bosh will return, and Michael Jordon, John Stocton, and Hakeem Olawjuwon will find the fountain of youth and decide they all want to play for the Rators. We will win 82 games, a Title, and will be unanimously voted the greatest basketball city in the Universe. Then at the end of the season, because of our success, they make new teams in Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Ottawa.
    There, that is my positive spin on the Raptors.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have what he's having!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

ill give you a positive spin: top 3 pick
    Im already wondering what jersey number Barnes will wear

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone please find me 8 better teams in the East than the raptors and then factor in the fact that BC hasn't even started making moves yet.

If they can get Lawson or Collison, I think they easily win the division and get bounced in the first round.

Assuming they get rid or Jose and/or Turk, I would be surprised if they don't win more games than last year.

They won 40 last year with the LVP of the league, a front court that would rather play offense twice than play defense, a rookie sg who looked and acted terrified and just a year later is tweeting 'I got this' (which is a great effing sign), no chemistry between anyone, a still rookie head coach trying integrate 9 new players into a non existent defensive scheme, an unproven Weems and Amir who are now building blocks and a franchise player too busy reading his own box score to understand the fundamental flaws in the team and his role in perpetuating them.

Every single player on the roster from last year is primed to have a better year. Amir, Sonny and Demar should all make significant mini leaps and Bargs if anything should benefit from having a PF who won't leave him hanging on defense and heck might even teach him a thing or two.

The wild cards are potentially Beasley who can replace most of Bosh's scoring and some of his rebounding and all of his deficient leadership qualities and Ed Davis who from everything that I have heard, watched and read provides the kind of rock solid attitude, style and game that this franchise is in desperate need of.

This team isn't anywhere close to contending for anything, but they will be competitive, more balanced and exciting baseline to baseline. Barring injuries they should be fighting tooth and nail for a playoffs spot.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

15 - 20 win team, new Nets of the East next year. This is not a mid-lottery team. welcome to the long haul.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If NY & NJ do so-so in free agency and one of the old legs
    in Boston breaks, Raps can easily win Atlantic again

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    Give us a roaster and a win total
    Are you suggesting that the following team:

Jack, Collison, Banks
    Beli, DD
    Weems, Hedo
    Amir, Davis, Regiee, Beasly
    AB and Alabi

Will win more than 40 game ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The better question is HOw many game before we start hearing fans Boo this team in ACC ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information