Expectations on the Bosh-less Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations on the Bosh-less Raptors

Aside from "less wins than last season's Nets" and "total rebuilding mode", what positive spin can we give for next season's Bosh-less Raptors?

If the season starts next week after the trade has been consummated, what positive expectations can we get from the Raps?

Considering a youth-laden team, how far do you think they'll go?

Jose/Jack/Chalmers/Banks
    DeRozan/Weems/Bellinelli
    Turkoglu/Beasley
    Bargnani/Davis/Amir/Evans
    Anthony/Dorsey

Doesnt look that bad...i think whats clearly missing is a 20pt player...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      seconded...

Comment

If I don't hear the phrase 'historically bad defense' once, I'll consider the season a success. Mid lottery pick is most likely. Hopefully we'll see some individuals (Bargs, Davis, DeRozan) show some excellent growth. Getting Turkoglu to guy into a team system would be an added bonus.

Comment

If the Raps obtain (and keep) Beasley I will personally guarantee he averages 20 ppg. (I will not make any promises on his defense, but it really can't be much worse than that of Turk, Barg, Jose, Bellinelli, etc.)

Comment

We will gain from Bosh's departure:
            1. Ability to play faster tempo
            2. Better ball movement=more effective offensive possessions and scoring
            3. Great opportunity for multi-player development
            4. Ability to experiment with new offensive and defensive schemes (yikes)
            5. The removal of a massive ego from our roster

Comment

You're obviously assuming Bosh goes to Miami for Chalmers, Anthony and Chalmers. That's certainly a possibility, but it's doubtful there have been any discussion, yet, so I think you're jumping the gun a bit. Besides, if the Raptors get Chalmers, it's safe to say either Calderon or Jack is gone.

You also seem to believe Turkoglu will be back.

Also, you're forgetting Solomon Alabi. I don't think he'll contribute much, but I definitely think he'll make the team.

I'm hard on Bargnani and would not like to see him return (obviously) but if he does, I wouldn't be surprised to see him average 20 ppg, but at a lower shooting percentage than this season. I certainly don't see him starting at PF, though, having both Johnson and Davis play behind him. The only way Bargnani will move to the four is if the Raptors get Bynum back in a sign and trade with Bosh or Dalembert back in a trade for TUrkoglu. Otherwise the Raptors are most likely going to start the season with Bargnani at center and Johnson at PF.

Personally, though, I'm looking at the development of the young players. I'm excited to see how much DeRozan and Weems improves, how Johnson does in a bigger role and what Davis brings to the table next season. I'm not going to get hung up on wins and losses. There's really no point.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                Aside from "less wins than last season's Nets" and "total rebuilding mode", what positive spin can we give for next season's Bosh-less Raptors?
                No more Juicy Fruit commercials.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Too hard to make any predictions yet because there is still much more work to be done this summer by Colangelo, but based on your roster above we're certainly lottery bound again next season. Lots of youth and lots of learning.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    I'm hard on Bargnani

Comment

With that team, a maximum 15 win next season.

Comment

We won't be awful. We'll once again be a .500 team fighting for 8th.

Comment

Lebron is going to sign with us (sign and trade for Turk and Calderon), Bosh will return, and Michael Jordon, John Stocton, and Hakeem Olawjuwon will find the fountain of youth and decide they all want to play for the Rators. We will win 82 games, a Title, and will be unanimously voted the greatest basketball city in the Universe. Then at the end of the season, because of our success, they make new teams in Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Ottawa.
                          There, that is my positive spin on the Raptors.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I'll have what he's having!

Comment

ill give you a positive spin: top 3 pick
                              Im already wondering what jersey number Barnes will wear

Comment

Working...
                              X