Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Expectations on the Bosh-less Raptors

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

But Tim, you know Bargs is BC's boy. There is nothing, the fans can do to change BC's opinion. Let's just hope "delusional and our team is not far off from contending" BC gets fired or not extended and real GMs like Kevin Pritchard, Steve Kerr or Jerry West are hired.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Realist wrote: View Post
    We won't be awful. We'll once again be a .500 team fighting for 8th.
    Hmm, I don't know what team, you are seeing. This is a 15 win team with 20 wins being the high end. Top 5 pick for Harrison Barnes or Brendan Knight or 6-11 SF baby!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict 40-45 wins and an 8th place playoff seed.

If Cb and wade team up in Miami, I predict they get eliminated first round, and that CB will be off on injury leave for the last 2 mths of the season working on his tan and tweets

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping we tank and draft a franchise player to go with our younggunz squad.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If Bosh is traded to Miami for Beasley, Chalmers, Anthony, Raptors 2011 Pick and a Miami 1st, this would be the first of many trades.
    Next up Turkoglu and Belinelli is traded to Orlando for Gortat and Pietrus.
    Next Gortat, Chalmers and a 1st Rd. pick to New Orleans for Okafor and Collison.
    And finally Calderon, Beasley and 1st to Philly for Iguodala.
    The roster looks like this:
    Jack/Collison/Banks
    DeRozen/Weems
    Iguodala/Pietrus
    Bargnani/Johnson, A/Davis/ Evans
    Okafor/Anthony/Alabi
    This team makes the playoffs with payroll under $66 million

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW. I find it surprising that a lot of post-ers (or should i say posers) wanted Chris Bosh to leave and now given this new Bosh-less team everybody's still throwing this new-look team to the gutter. I mean what the fuck do you guys really want?

I know you guys are going to say we have to be realistic but common, for a minute there i thought i was posting on another team's fan forum. give your home team a bit of credit and ego boost. might as well turn this shit hole to "Anti-Raptors Republic". fuckers.

if you look at the eastern conference, 5 spots are pretty much secured for the playoffs and 3 more spots left for the middle teams to battle it out. i think we have the edge over philly, charlotte, indiana, detroit and washington. so dont give up on this team just yet. we have another $9 trade exception thats coming with the Bosh trade. Like i said, this team might just surprise.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Wed Jun 30th, 2010 at 04:41 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Give us a roaster and a win total
    Are you suggesting that the following team:

Jack, Collison, Banks
    Beli, DD
    Weems, Hedo
    Amir, Davis, Regiee, Beasly
    AB and Alabi

Will win more than 40 game ?
    I don't understand the pessimism, this is the most depth the raptors have ever had. Last season was the one that should have been ripe with despair, too many new faces, too many distractions and too many one dimensional Europeans.

Why does no one else comprehend that Bosh was the problem. Every addition in the last four years was based around surrounding Bosh. The blueprint is no longer a shanty house. Its athletic, young, modern and hopefully dedicated to defense.

Everyone is acting like this is the death rattle of the franchise, its more like the rebirth and that doesn't have to mean a slow rebuild.

BC is the one of the few in the East who gets it. Yes, someone will win the Bron the sweepstakes and thier team will be historically stacked, but every other pseudo free agent other than Wade is a joke. Signing any of Amare, Boozer, Joe Johnson, Pierce or Dirk is going to be a deathblow. The East is screwed, inking guys who are near 30 to max deals and trying to base your franchise around them is the only surefire way to destroy your team. See exhibit Clippers-Baron, 76ers-Brand.

You can't throw out a win prediction when the mural isn't close to finished, but i'll be shocked if they lose more games than last year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    WOW. I find it surprising that a lot of post-ers (or should i say posers) wanted Chris Bosh to leave and now given this new Bosh-less team everybody's still throwing this new-look team to the gutter. I mean what the fuck do you guys really want?

I know you guys are going to say we have to be realistic but common, for a minute there i thought i was posting on another team's fan forum. give your home team a bit of credit and ego boost. might as well turn this shit hole to "Anti-Raptors Republic". fuckers.

if you look at the eastern conference, 5 spots are pretty much secured for the playoffs and 3 more spots left for the middle teams to battle it out. i think we have the edge over philly, charlotte, indiana, detroit and washington. so dont give up on this team just yet. we have another $9 trade exception thats coming with the Bosh trade. Like i said, this team might just surprise.
    I'm with you on this bro, so many negative posters out there. This team will have alot of potential, and who knows what deals are yet to unfold. All you CB lovers go get ur angst out somewhere else, lets go into this season with a positive attitude for once, we have a chance to start anew and build something special in Tdot. Stop all the whining and doom and gloom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Kinda expected a little bit of support from the Admin of a home team's fan forum. But oh well, we all have our bad days i guess.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post

Why does no one else comprehend that Bosh was the problem.
    Maybe bc most people think he was not and almost dozen GMs in the league are dying to give hi a max money and have him as their starters.

Anyway, let me know when ever you come up with a win total.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda expected a little bit of support from the Admin of a home team's fan forum. But oh well, we all have our bad days i guess.
    Gee, why don't you really tell me what you think.

In all seriousness though, would you rather if I were phony? I have faith in the team long term but I'm a Raptors fan of 15 years. This isn't the first time I've been here, tbjhis. Next season probably won't be pretty considering how they couldn't even get to the playoffs with Bosh.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

You want blind optimism or outright lying? It's not about lack of support, it's looking at the situation realistically. And realistically, the Raptors are not going to be very good next year if Bosh leaves. I'm supportive of the team, as is Apollo, but we're certainly not delusional. Look at the team. If they weren't your favourite team, would you think they would be anything but a lottery team?

Raptors Republic Rookie daveyboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    You want blind optimism or outright lying? It's not about lack of support, it's looking at the situation realistically. And realistically, the Raptors are not going to be very good next year if Bosh leaves. I'm supportive of the team, as is Apollo, but we're certainly not delusional. Look at the team. If they weren't your favourite team, would you think they would be anything but a lottery team?
    Yes. Why? Because the Raptors play in the east. The East has 15 teams, so the Raptors have to be better than 7 teams to make the playoffs. As of right now we are better than the Knicks, Nets, Sixers, Pacers, Wizards, and Pistons. The Bucks and Bobcats are not significantly better than our roster with Bosh gone (and if LeBron, Bosh, Wade don't sign with them, neither are the Bulls).

Its too early to just come out and say whether we will be a lottery team or not. Too much depends on the Free Agency and for the most part not for us.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote daveyboy wrote: View Post
    Yes. Why? Because the Raptors play in the east. The East has 15 teams, so the Raptors have to be better than 7 teams to make the playoffs. As of right now we are better than the Knicks, Nets, Sixers, Pacers, Wizards, and Pistons. The Bucks and Bobcats are not significantly better than our roster with Bosh gone (and if LeBron, Bosh, Wade don't sign with them, neither are the Bulls).

Its too early to just come out and say whether we will be a lottery team or not. Too much depends on the Free Agency and for the most part not for us.
    Without Bosh, the Raptors are better than the Knicks, Nets, WIzards and Pistons. Both the Sixers and Pacers are now more talented than the Raptors. And if LeBron leaves Cleveland and goes somewhere other than the Nets or Knicks, that adds one more team. That's five teams. Of course, if the Nets get a couple of good free agents, then they'll probably leapfrog over the Raptors, so it's back to four. The Bucks and Bobcats were better than the Raptors when they had Bosh. They are certainly better than them without Bosh.

I was called a homer by predicting the Raptors would win 45 games last year. I was overly optimistic, but they were at that rate at the All-Star break. It's not like I'm some bitter, pessimistic fan. If nothing else, I'm usually pretty realistic. It really is to make confident predictions, but if the summer goes the way I think it will, without any big surprises, and Colangelo does what he should do, which is build for the future and not take any big veterans that are going to take time away from the development of the younger players, then the Raptors will be lucky to win 30 games, and more likely will be closer to 20.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, why don't you really tell me what you think.

In all seriousness though, would you rather if I were phony? I have faith in the team long term but I'm a Raptors fan of 15 years. This isn't the first time I've been here, tbihis. Next season probably won't be pretty considering how they couldn't even get to the playoffs with Bosh.
    you really want to know what i think??? hahaha id rather not, we have to keep this site family-oriented!

Like i said, you might all say that we have to be realistic and say that this team is pretty much going to the dumps, but the least we can do is boost this team, think of the positives.

I think Bargs is gonna be big this year, he needs to make this his breakout year or he will be labeled as a bust. I think the development of DD and Weems will start this year and the era of the young gunz will be ushered in. This season will be Ed Davis' training ground and will be his take off for next season's starting role.

I still believe that Turk will stay and be a major piece next season. Hopefully he'll get more control of the ball. I think Turk is what will differentiate us from last season's nets. Although they had legit scorers in Harris and Lopez, they didnt have a veteran presence like Turk who will take care of the ball come crunch time.

See, this is the shit that we should all be talking about, not posting fucking pics of toilets and how this team is a lottery bound team.

In the words of the ever resilient Doug Smith, "I digress".

Post Thanks / Like

Like i said, you might all say that we have to be realistic and say that this team is pretty much going to the dumps, but the least we can do is boost this team, think of the positives.
    Never said there weren't positives. A guy asks us what we feel the outcome will be this coming season. I told him what I thought of the outcome with positives in mind.

I think Bargs is gonna be big this year, he needs to make this his breakout year or he will be labeled as a bust.
    All stats point towards him fading when it's all on him to deliver. He regressed every time Bosh was inactive. There are stats which clearly prove this. I am hoping he can overcome his dependence on CB4. And for the record if he plateaus I still feel that he's not a bust. Busts typically wash out or cannot play important roles on a team.

I think the development of DD and Weems will start this year and the era of the young gunz will be ushered in.
    Weems is a good young role player, DeRozan needs to come back with a much improved handle if he wants to make a large impact this season.

I still believe that Turk will stay and be a major piece next season. Hopefully he'll get more control of the ball. I think Turk is what will differentiate us from last season's nets.
    I believe he's gone and they will be lucky to get back 60 cents on the dollar from a talent standpoint.

See, this is the shit that we should all be talking about, not posting fucking pics of toilets and how this team is a lottery bound team.
    There can be no light without darkness young grasshopper.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jun 30th, 2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Changed attention

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt that that will be the final roster to start to season, I think this team will be a lot better than people think once colangelo gets the roster situated, you ppl act like we were big winner with Bosh, have you ever thought that Bosh was the problem w/20 jumpshots per games?? If Calderon And Turk come back then yeah this team will probably be 30-35 win team but I doubt that both of them will.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand not everybody is a fan of Bosh, but be serious. This is a guy who averaged 24 ppg and 10.8 rpg this past season. You can insult him all you want, but he was FAR AND AWAY the best player the Raptors had, and to suggest that the Raps will be the same or BETTER with a roster that's missing their best scorer and best rebounder, then you're dreaming in technicolor.

The ONLY way the Raps will be even able to come CLOSE to making the playoffs this season is if the team is rebuilt with a specific playing strategy in mind and they happen to manage to round up excellent pieces to make that strategy work.

All we have right now is a bunch of puzzle pieces that don't fit together, so don't get your hopes up.

Post Thanks / Like

Never said there weren't positives. A guy asks us what we feel the outcome will be this coming season. I told him what I thought of the outcome with positives in mind.

All stats point towards him fading when it's all on him to deliver. He regressed every time Bosh was inactive. There are stats which clearly prove this. I am hoping he can overcome his dependence on CB4. And for the record if he plateaus I still feel that he's not a bust. Busts typically wash out or cannot play important roles on a team.

Weems is a good young role player, DeRozan needs to come back with a much improved handle if he wants to make a large impact this season.

I believe he's gone and they will be lucky to get back 60 cents on the dollar from a talent standpoint.

There can be no light without darkness young grasshopper.
    i really admire you Apollo for not throwing dirt my way as any other ordinary post-er would do, you are indeed administrator material!

sorry dudes, but im really a hardcore raps fan and i always want my team to be on top. i guess you are all right, sadly, if this is what our team is going to be, then we should probably be ready for a less than mediocre season but im still going to be hopeful no matter what.

bargs was thrown in the fire so to speak when bosh went down. i think it would be unfair to judge his "take over the game" mentality in those couple of games. he was basically bred to be bosh's sidekick, all plays were done for bosh and then suddenly you turn the tides on bargs and want to make him the top guy. im sure if bosh goes and bargs goes through set plays made for him, he'd be better than how we saw him when bosh went down. even kobe when thrown into the fire so to speak after shaq left couldnt even take the lakers to the playoffs. i think bargs can handle being the #1 guy, he just needs to warm up to the idea.

Raptors Republic Rookie daveyboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Without Bosh, the Raptors are better than the Knicks, Nets, WIzards and Pistons. Both the Sixers and Pacers are now more talented than the Raptors. And if LeBron leaves Cleveland and goes somewhere other than the Nets or Knicks, that adds one more team. That's five teams. Of course, if the Nets get a couple of good free agents, then they'll probably leapfrog over the Raptors, so it's back to four. The Bucks and Bobcats were better than the Raptors when they had Bosh. They are certainly better than them without Bosh.
    Are the Sixers and Pacers "more talented" than the Raptors? Doubtful. Are they "more talented" particularly if the rumour about Beasley is true? Very doubtful. And of course the Nets could be better if they get a couple of good free agents. Imagine that. The Raptors could be fantastic if they traded for Kobe Bryant too. I try not to live in fantasy land until it happens.

The Bucks and Bobcats were certainly better than the Raptors the last third of last season. Coincidentally mostly played without Bosh and with Hedo and Calderon, 3 factors which in all likelihood won't be with the Raptors next season. They certainly weren't better teams before Bosh got hurt against Memphis and to imply so would be simply idiotic.

Thread Information