Should We Get Amar'e?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should We Get Amar'e?

As we all know, he has decided to test the free-agency market...

He is at the same level as Bosh in terms of skill, but much more tough and physical..

Should BC go after him?

I think if we can get him, then I have no doubt we'll be at least better than what we were last year..

Without a doubt. only problem is his crackhead jailbird mom would never be able to make it into Canada, so no dice.

Comment

How? And why would he want to come to Toronto instead of re-signing in Phoenix? They almost went to the finals.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        How? And why would he want to come to Toronto instead of re-signing in Phoenix? They almost went to the finals.
        If that was the case, then why did he opt out of the final year of his contract? Basically he's looking for max money and with Steve Nash's age it will be hard for them to repeat this year's performance going forward... I think Toronto has a good chance at getting him for maybe Turkoglu and a couple of other pieces (someone to replace Nash)

BTW, Dragic is still at least a year or two away from being a legitimate NBA starter...

Hopefully BC's Phoenix connection can also work in this case...
        Last edited by playmak3r5; Wed Jun 30, 2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

the "rumour" is that Amare was tight with Steve Kerr. With Kerr out of the picture, Amare is supposedly shopping for a new suitor.

Comment

Nonsense, all of it.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

he would fit , he's soft, doesn't play defense, is a nice guy who ain't got leadership qualities , it worked great the last time

Comment

Yeah why would we want a lesser version of CB4? We are supposed to move on and build a team not go backwards.

Comment

Amare is better than Bosh ?
                  Is this why he was the PF of US team and Bosh was sitting at home watching the game !!

Bosh is not the best defender but Amare DOES NOT play defense at all. It is known fact in NBA and this is why everyone thinks that no one will offer him the max money and he will end up in Sun or New York will just over pay him after they loose on all the other free agent.

The spanking that Amare got in the western Finals from Gasol and Bynum proved to everyone that Amare is not an elite PF.

Also, Add the questions about his effort and how he takes night off and also his micro fractured surgery on his knee, you can easily conclude that Amare is not worth the investment.

Lets not even start on Nash effect on the offensive numbers that Amare has and how he will see a big reduction when Nash is not around to spoon feed him the ball under the basket.

Either rebuild the team or go after real competitor players who want to win.

Comment

At least Amar'e isn't a pussy like Bosh is.

Comment

I think I would rather see the Raptors re-sign Araujo than offer Amare anything even close to a max contract.
                      Last edited by dykers; Wed Jun 30, 2010, 07:23 PM. Reason: syntax

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
                        If that was the case, then why did he opt out of the final year of his contract?
                        Money and security. Hope of finding a better situation? The Raptors ain't it.

Comment

What? Amare is tougher and more physical than Bosh? At least, CB4 tries to play some defense.

Phoenix interested in Hedo? They got Steve Nash and look do dump salary(Shaq-Trade, Kerr), so why would they take a shot at a diva which would be useless in their system?

Comment

I am not a bosh Hater, but how many games has he won for us in the playoffs?? and how many games has Amare won in the playoffs? Bosh was the best player on a shit team, so he was able to get all the stats he wanted. Amare can play much better defense than Bosh can, he didn't have to cause he's too busy WINNING!!!!

Comment

We couldn't sign Amar'e outright. Would have to be a S&T. And I doubt he'll want to come here (plus what would PHX want?) I also think he'll regress w/o Nash.
                              http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Working...
                              X