Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade, Bosh Will Meet With Teams Friday In Chicago

Jun 30, 2010 7:29 PM EST

Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh will meet with teams on Friday in Chicago.

Earlier reports indicated that the two would meet with the Knicks in New York on Friday. Instead the Knicks, as well as other teams courting the two stars, will fly into Chicago for meetings that same day.

Via Frank Isola/New York Daily News (via Twitter)
    http://bit.ly/cX1sbq
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

So... after all that talk about being "The Man", Bosh isn't even going to meet interested teams by himself? He's going to tag along with Wade like a pet on a leash? I thought he wanted to be a leader. Does he think teams are looking to recruit leaders AND their bro-mance partners?

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
      So... after all that talk about being "The Man", Bosh isn't even going to meet interested teams by himself? He's going to tag along with Wade like a pet on a leash? I thought he wanted to be a leader. Does he think teams are looking to recruit leaders AND their bro-mance partners?
      They have the same agents who would want to sit in on the meetings, no big deal.

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
        They have the same agents who would want to sit in on the meetings, no big deal.
        I understand what you're saying, but these are two guys who both presumably consider themselves max contract guys on their own... meeting teams together so that their agent isn't inconvenienced isn't something I'd expect them to consider.

They're going to discuss their career futures and contracts worth millions of dollars... they shouldn't be going together like girls making a bathroom run. I guess it just sounds strange to me that Bosh who has made SUCH a big deal about being "the man" won't even meet recruiters without a buddy.

Does that sound like a leader to you?

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
          I understand what you're saying, but these are two guys who both presumably consider themselves max contract guys on their own... meeting teams together so that their agent isn't inconvenienced isn't something I'd expect them to consider.

They're going to discuss their career futures and contracts worth millions of dollars... they shouldn't be going together like girls making a bathroom run. I guess it just sounds strange to me that Bosh who has made SUCH a big deal about being "the man" won't even meet recruiters without a buddy.

Does that sound like a leader to you?
          Fair point, Bosh should never be considered a leader though, In stats yes but in reality no.

Comment

Working...
          X