SUN: Blame Bryan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUN: Blame Bryan

the Raptors could not have approached this needy time of grand opportunity in worse condition.

Some of the best and worst managed teams in the NBA are waiting for the buzzer to go off to signal the opening of the free-agent season. This is hunting season, but the Raptors don’t have a license.

The greatest sale in sports history is about to begin and their credit card is

being denied.

This is not what you should expect from Colangelo, who should be beyond these kind of miscalculations. It’s not quality management to lose your best asset without the ability to replace him in any meaningful way.

It’s not quality management when the entire sport is gearing up for the free agent class of 2010 and the Raptors are playing the part of bystander.

It’s not quality management to trade away a 2010 expiring contract, take back a terrible contract like the one belonging to Marcus Banks and then flip your first-round draft pick in the process.

And that part hardly comes up in all the talk about Bosh, who said on Wednesday on his website: “This has always been my dream. I get to live the dream.”

The Raptors and their supporters get to live the nightmare. Bad enough that Bosh may wind up in Miami. But if somehow, the Raptors find a way to make the playoffs this coming season, the Heat not only will get the Raptors’ best player, they will also get back a lottery protected Raptors first-round draft pick for 2011.

That was part of the O’Neal deal. Not the worst part. The worst part was providing an Eastern Conference rival with the kind of flexibility the Raptors don’t have for themselves. And who knows? Maybe the Raptors get their own pick back in a sign-and-trade deal for their only all-star.
    Linky: http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../14572671.html

Sounds like that writer doesn't like BC that much lol but its not all his fault. He put together 9 new players last year including swinging a deal that included assets from the Miami trade to net us Hedo. Remember how stoked this city was and Bosh when we got Hedo fresh off the finals? This guy seems to not remember but ah well Hedo was a bust and the poor performance this year was all on the players and maybe Triano for bad defense. If the moves proved succesful last year and we made the playoffs, maybe even some second round action Bosh might not have been tweeting his ass off ten minutes before midnight. I guess my point is I dont think its BC's fault at all that Bosh is leaving, its just how the situation played out in the end.

Comment

Let`s face it, Bosh is leaving so he can get VIP treatment wherever he goes, not because he actually cares about being THE MAN or even winning a championship. If you`re playing for the Raptors, you will always be relatively unknown.

Colangelo made some mistakes, but its not entirely his fault that Bosh is leaving.

Comment

As angry as I am with some of the BC moves, I still think he is ver savvy in these kind of transactions. Quite frankly I wouldn't want any other GM handling the situation right now. It is still too early to start with the blame game lets see how this unfolds before we pass judgment.

In all of his recent interviews he would mention we are "preparing for multiple scenarios" lets see how prepared he is.

Comment

The premise of the article is flawed. It states that by trading Miami Jermaine O'Neal, it allowed Miami to sign Bosh. Unfortunately Miami would have had plenty of cap room with or without the trade for O'Neal. I find it incredibly annoying that a legitimate news source can't seem to do basic research before publishing.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Sun is not a legitimate news source.

Comment

Soooo.... if the Raps make the playoffs, Miami gets our first round pick in 2011?

That's the motherload of freakin' "IF"s.

I doubt very much that scenario is keeping BC up nights.

Comment

Working...
              X