Calderon: "If I leave it's going to be very hard."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon: "If I leave it's going to be very hard."

Man, as frustrating has Jose's play has been over these last couple seasons, he makes it so hard to ship him out elsewhere. Emotionally, these are the types of players Toronto need to surround themselves with. You gotta love players that want to be here in Toronto.

But as he cares for his son, the point comes across loud and clear from Jose Calderon:Toronto is like a second home and regardless of what happens with the rest of the Raptors, he can’t wait to get back.

“I’ve been there five years, I love that team and want to get back to the playoffs and win games, that’s all that matters,” Calderon said in a telephone interview Wednesday.

“I feel good about the team and the city and winning games. That’s all I care about. I have a house in Toronto, friends there; if I leave it’s going to be very hard.”
    Source - Click here

Yeah, I'll be sad to see him go.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

"If I leave, its going to be very hard for opposing point guards to score on the raptors."

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        Man, as frustrating has Jose's play has been over these last couple seasons, he makes it so hard to ship him out elsewhere. Emotionally, these are the types of players Toronto need to surround themselves with. You gotta love players that want to be here in Toronto.

Source - Click here
        That's the same trap the Leafs fell into. They held onto a core of players who loved the franchise and the city but simply weren't good enough to compete with the best in the NHL.

I like JC, but I don't cheer for him. I cheer for the Raptors, and the Raptors need a better PG if they want to be in the mix in the post-season. I don't consider that a rejection of Calderon's loyalty. I consider it a recognition of what's best for the Toronto Raptors.

Loyalty is great, but by itself it doesn't win games.

Comment

alright, if you're so loyal er well i guess we can't go ther because jose prolly would have tooken a lesser contract if bryan hadn't forked out that 10mill. a year or w/e.

rasho loves this franchise and city too but weve moved on from him and well it's lioke cu jo leaving the leafs very emotional great dude but has to be done.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

He is a great dude and I wish Lakers would have take a chance on him. He would thrive in their system beside Gasol.

Comment

I wouldn't mind keeping him as a back-up (of course he would be overpaid). He can make plays and can shoot the ball well. I just don't think he has the conditioning, strength, and defense it takes to be a starter in the league.

Comment

It's not you, it's YOU

No Mass Jose. Adios amigo!
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

He was pretty willing to leave Toronto if they didn't name him the starter before he signed his new contract. I still think they should move him if the right trade comes along.

Comment

I think moving Jose is a terrible decision for the future of this franchise. He may be overpaid but he only has three seasons left on his contract. Now that may sound like a lot, but if we are going into rebuild mode it's not like we really need to worry about signing big free agents for a couple of years and by not moving Jose, we will have a lot of cap room in 2013, which just so happens to be the year guys like Dwight Howard, Gerald Wallace, Josh Smith, Jameer Nelson, and Derron Williams are scheduled to become free agents. That is also the year we will have to give Demar a new contract if he develops well. I don't want to repeat the whole JO debacle where we trade a guy for a quick fix without looking at the ramifications a year or two down the road. Jose is a serviceable player and as long as we are just trying to build, I think he is a great piece for us to hang onto. It's not like we'd get anything decent for him in a trade anyway.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                    X