Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta Make Max Offer to Joe Johnson (Close To An Agreement?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta Make Max Offer to Joe Johnson (Close To An Agreement?)

"Yahoo.com reported that the Hawks offered a six-year, $119 million contract to Johnson in their meeting and that Johnson was prepared to accept the offer."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5344459
    Last edited by geebee; Thu Jul 1, 2010, 10:44 AM.

Damn, Joe Johnson a MAX Player !! Wow, I really did not see that.

Comment

This was a no brainer for the Hawks. Yawn
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Bad mistake. I suppose its upto JJ now. I cant see anyone other than NY giving him that.

Comment

JJ To Stay A Hawk?

The Atlanta Hawks offered Joe Johnson a six-year, $119 million contract Thursday morning, and sources close to the All-Star guard expect him to accept the max deal soon.
          Source: Yahoo Sports

I think he should stay in the ATL. He bolted from the Suns to be the man and cash in. Why leave now to be a sidekick and potentially make less? Good call to stay, they have a young group built around him.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Source: Yahoo Sports

I think he should stay in the ATL. He bolted from the Suns to be the man and cash in. Why leave now to be a sidekick and potentially make less? Good call to stay, they have a young group built around him.
            ya, but they just stop playing in the second round of the playoffs there like the sharks of basketball.

and i think it's actually 126 million
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Johnson agrees on max deal

Joe Johnson has agreed to sign the max deal contract offered by the hawks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5354426

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  and i think it's actually 126 million
                  Unless the BRI is calculated such that the maximum JJ can earn is $16.57 mil, it's not $126 mil. JJ was paid less than LBJ, Wade and Bosh last year, and so his first-year base salary is also less (approximately $15.7-$15.8 mil), causing smaller raises over the 6 years. $119 mil sounds about right.

Comment

Surprised it took so long to accept. He wasn't going to get close to that kind of money anywhere else.

Comment

LOL gotta love the NBA ! JJ a Max player !
                      "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                      X