Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Turkoglu Thrive as the Focal Point Here in Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of Bosh trying to do it all, I'd like to see a more balanced offence with 5-6 guys in double figures each game.
    Hedo does have nice passing skills to help facilitate the young guns getting easy looks and could possibly go from one of his worst seasons to one of his best.

Comment

Instead of Bosh trying to do it all, I'd like to see a more balanced offence with 5-6 guys in double figures each game.
      Hedo does have nice passing skills to help facilitate the young guns getting easy looks and could possibly go from one of his worst seasons to one of his best.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        However in defense of an acquisition, at this level and with a veteran player acquisition, one expects the new player to adjust their game somewhat nevermind being professional enough to be in shape, provide some leadership and not whine too much.
        I completely agree. Turk acted like a spoiled child, and did not in any way behave in a manner appropriate to the deal he had signed.

But that doesn't change a couple facts that BC should be answerable for:

1. They recruited him into a system that didn't suit his skillsets.
        2. They overpaid him.

Both factors have now effectively reduced his value as a trade commodity, because he now looks worse on the court and he costs more off the court. BC's job now is to maximize the value of that investment, so he's got to find a way to make Turk work for him instead of against him.

I don't absolve Turk of responsibility for his actions, but I think BC has gotten a free ride for overpaying for a piece that didn't fit. He's on the hook to make it right.

Comment

All I can say is: OMG, if Hedo comes back he's got a lot of apologizing to do before we decide to crap in a paper bag, light it on fire, tie the flaming bag of s#%t to a brick, and throw the package through his window.

Comment

Despite of Toronto fiasco, Turk has value in most of GMs eyes . I think its the right time to move him. No one knows what will happen in next year/years, a new CBA most likely lower than this year and Lockout possibility. Most of the teams adjusted their cap spaces for this year FA festival and they somehow will solidify their rosters in this off-season. There are lots of free money at the table. Toronto is in the rebuilding mode. Turks is a overpaid player last year/this year/next 4 years.

So, move him out this year. Dont take any risk.
            Last edited by Vellassco; Thu Jul 1, 2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

If Calderon isn't the one running the show then Turk would work. But as long as we have Calderon and Turk, the two just can't co-exist. It's innevitable.

Comment

Working...
              X