Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Jefferson Might Be Available. Should the Raptors Be Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Jefferson Might Be Available. Should the Raptors Be Interested?

According to Eric Pincus - 07/01/2010 2:15am EST-
    "Al Jefferson has requested a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Wolves tried to move Al leading up to the NBA Draft. Two teams that have shown serious interest include the Denver Nuggets and Chicago Bulls."

Anyone in the raptors organization fancy another proven 20/10 PF ? Raptors have expiring contract if they are looking to cut cost, and we have talent if they want to re-stock their roster (I would be okay sending Barg out as part of the trade).

I'm baffled to why T-wolves would be shopping him, I know he's getting over a bad ACL injury, but he still put up solid 17/9 last year.

I edited your title Shaq. Was kind of misleading considering rumours are running ramped right now with Bosh and all.

Comment

bigmanshaq wrote: View Post

I'm baffled to why T-wolves would be shopping him, I know he's getting over a bad ACL injury, but he still put up solid 17/9 last year.
      Combine the bad ACL injury with a huge contract and a cheap K. Love and that's why.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

This gets me thinking. Bosh puts up about 25 points and 10 rebounds. He's not a good passer, he bogs down the offense, he's not shown good leadership skills, and he's not the best defender. Other than his 25/10, in all honesty, what value does he hold to TO?

Basically, what I'm getting at is I don't think Toronto is in that bad a position. If we can get a player who can equal his stats (or a combination of a player who may generate slightly less, but through Bosh's departure we get an increase in production from other players, such as Bargnani), then what have we lost with Bosh, and why can't we be at least as good as last year? Does Bosh represent more to TO than his numbers, which again, are basically only scoring and rebounding? And i don't mean philosophically, but i mean in creating wins.

Comment

No, no and no. The team cannot be wrapped up in replacing bad with bad. Bosh is gone and we have a chance to rebuild from scratch with what we have. Jefferson is not the answer. It's funny how Utah doesn't seem to be "scrambling" to replace Boozer or that the Lakers seems nonchalant about Bynum rumours. Same for the Celts whose stars in Allen and Pierce just filed for free-agency. Relax people, cooler heads will prevail. Perhaps I belong in the minority that the Raps have enough to work with, with the players left behind (with Amir signing). I would be more content as a fan if the organization went out to address their number one issue which is team defence while developing chemistry at the same time. Going after Jefferson is not the answer as we don't have a problem scoring. He's a bad defender and wants to be the focal point for every offensive possession. You want pieces? How about Barnes and Outlaw? The team needs defensive minded-players, hungry players and not offensive Prima donnas.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Bosh has a very high PER, not sure about his winshare rating or whatever it's called.

But he does get the tough rebounds and gets to the line. More to it than simply 24/10.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

He draws double teams and that creates open looks for others. Bargs can't handle double teams, nor can anyone else on our team. Jefferson isn't the answer. We should stick with our frontcourt and use this opportunity to let Sonny and DeMar grow and become solid wing players in a league that depends on wings rather than screw with more aging players. Hasn't Hedo taught us anything?

Comment

Hell, yes! Then the Raptors should get David Lee in a sign and trade and then trade for Monta Ellis, then the Raptors can be completely done with this whole "defense" thing and solely concentrate on scoring!
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think Toronto should be interested if the price is right, but I doubt it would be. He is only 25 years old, so he should have another 6 or 7 years in him. I don't think he is a great fit next to Bargnani either.
                  I Am Shutup

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    No, no and no. The team cannot be wrapped up in replacing bad with bad. Bosh is gone and we have a chance to rebuild from scratch with what we have. Jefferson is not the answer. It's funny how Utah doesn't seem to be "scrambling" to replace Boozer or that the Lakers seems nonchalant about Bynum rumours. Same for the Celts whose stars in Allen and Pierce just filed for free-agency. Relax people, cooler heads will prevail. Perhaps I belong in the minority that the Raps have enough to work with, with the players left behind (with Amir signing). I would be more content as a fan if the organization went out to address their number one issue which is team defence while developing chemistry at the same time. Going after Jefferson is not the answer as we don't have a problem scoring. He's a bad defender and wants to be the focal point for every offensive possession. You want pieces? How about Barnes and Outlaw? The team needs defensive minded-players, hungry players and not offensive Prima donnas.
                    You do credit to your moniker, sir. Well said. Adding players willy nilly without at least the Bosh brouhaha playing itself out is batty.

Comment

i don't know if we should be bringing in another "franchise guy" per say becasue then we will prolly end up with the same thign we had with bosh.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                      X