Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Hammond Repeating Formula He Used To Build The Pistons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Hammond Repeating Formula He Used To Build The Pistons.

People should not kid themselves. It was not Dumars but rather Hammond who was the brains behind the construction of the Pistons winning teams between 2000 and 2008. Then Hammond left and Dumars has made one horrible move after another starting with obtaining Iverson.

In the meantime Hammond took over the Bucks and started to raise up from the ashes a once very successful Bucks franchise. Last year they surprised most in the NBA world because almost all of the so called experts/pundits were under the false illusion that Dumars had constructed the Pistons 7 year running ECF teams. When in fact it was Hammond.

Hammond now using the same formula in Milwaukee that he used in Detroit continues to build the Bucks. He will resign Salmons and has has already added Maggette, CDR and D. Gooden giving up nothing in the process.

I look for the Bucks to become one the top teams in the EC year in and year out starting in 2010-11.

All you Raptors Republic readers who read this post can tell your friends that you knew about it before most of the basketball world.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

like what Hammonds had done in Milwaukee, including letting Villaneuva go, since he really isn't worth the money he's getting and doesn't play defense, but the last couple of moves make me wonder. Neither Maggette nor Gooden play a lick of defense and put up pretty empty stats. Maggette he basically gave up for garbage, but there were far better veteran PFs out there than Gooden.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      like what Hammonds had done in Milwaukee, including letting Villaneuva go, since he really isn't worth the money he's getting and doesn't play defense, but the last couple of moves make me wonder. Neither Maggette nor Gooden play a lick of defense and put up pretty empty stats. Maggette he basically gave up for garbage, but there were far better veteran PFs out there than Gooden.
      sure you take chances but i mean youa re looking to make your way up from down so there is really no risk plus he isn't taking on huge risks.

ther just minor.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

The Bucks can afford to get offensive players(which was really their problem in the playoffs, their defense was excellent in my opinion) with questionable defense due to the luxury of having a center that protects the paint in Bogut and good perimeter defenders in Brandon Jennings and John Salmons unlike the Raptors.

The making of a balanced team(which the Celtics were not, they played great defense but less than stellar offense which led to offensive droughts in game 7) is a shot-blocking presence in the paint that can also rebound at the offensive end for putbacks and a wing or PG that is a good perimeter defender that can create his shots, fill the other starters with good shooters and average defense and some collective excellent team defense and you are good to go.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          sure you take chances but i mean youa re looking to make your way up from down so there is really no risk plus he isn't taking on huge risks.

ther just minor.
          You almost sound like Oakley. Except you need some pimpin' and hoes in there. Good to know, though, that there is no risk whenever you're trying to go up from down; take a note, BC!

Comment

Hammond has been very hit and miss ...

I hate what he has done this summer in acquiring Maggette, Gooden and retaining Salmons. I think those contracts hand cuff the franchise. A waste of the Bucks cap flexibility.

Hammond settled for being a good-to-very good team instead of being patient while waiting for better opportunities to present themselves, opportunities which could have given the Bucks a chance of being a title contender within a couple of years.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

RaptorsDevlin

RT @chadfordinsider: Breaking News: Bucks-Salmons finally agree on deal. 5 years, $39 million, but last year only partial guaranteed.
              http://twitter.com/RaptorsDevlin
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Maggette I could see, since they gave up very little and he can use him in a certain role, but I'm sure they could have gotten someone better than Gooden. I just don't like him. There's a good reason he's bounced around so much. He's very poor defensively and on offense makes the most bone headed decisions. Not a smart move.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Maggette I could see, since they gave up very little and he can use him in a certain role, but I'm sure they could have gotten someone better than Gooden. I just don't like him. There's a good reason he's bounced around so much. He's very poor defensively and on offense makes the most bone headed decisions. Not a smart move.
                  Of course I saw him play a lot with the Clippers last season. Probably saw him play more last season with the Clippers than I had previously in his entire career. Well not quite but I think I made my point.

He is a good player. He crashes the boards and can score. Yes he plays out of control at times on offense and his defense is not at Amir's level, but then how many bigs defense is?

However, coming off of the bench he can make some good things happen. Just looking at several stats his numbers for a bench rotation big are not too bad

Career PER--------------------16.5
                  Career Offensive Rating-----105
                  Career Defense Rating-------104
                  Career WS/48-----------------.106 - league ave is .100

So overall his career numbers support the fact that he is a solid bench rotation big who may not get you a lot of wins but won't hurt you for his 25 mpg or so.

When his legs are really lively he still can be pretty darn exciting. I remember two Clippers games last year when it seemed like he was going to jump out of the building. It was pretty exciting stuff and he had two pretty good games.

It will be interesting to see if Skiles starts him or continues to start Prince Richard. My guess is that the Prince will continue to start. We shall see.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...goodedr01.html
                  Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Jul 2, 2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    When his legs are really lively he still can be pretty darn exciting.
                    This sheds a whole new light on you, methinks.

Sorry, but I found that statement about his lively legs particularly amusing. You can make dirty mind jokes now.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                      This sheds a whole new light on you, methinks.

Sorry, but I found that statement about his lively legs particularly amusing. You can make dirty mind jokes now.
                      Top 100 Basketball Recruits in Southeastern PA (2009-2010)

* Posted by Prize Recruits on February 17, 2010 at 2:00pm

Skylar Scrivano, CB East
                      A 6’9 true power forward that has very lively legs and does a great job of contesting shots. He has very quick leaping ability and decent timing, which allows him to swat shots with ease, especially as a weak side, help shot blocker, though he can block shots while on ball as well. Scrivano is an elite Suburban One big man and should be another first-team selection this season.
                      http://prizerecruits.com/profiles/bl...ll-recruits-in

Originally Published: March 26, 2008
                      McDonald's Game player-by-player breakdown

7-0 PF Tyler Zeller (North Carolina): Zeller again got out in transition better than any player of his size in the nation, using his lively legs to out-run thicker, slower big men. He also displayed improving post skills, even connecting on a left-handed jump hook on the low block.
                      http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=3314932

Its a term used by basketball people, unknown to the casual internet fan

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        http://prizerecruits.com/profiles/bl...ll-recruits-in

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=3314932

Its a term used by basketball people, unknown to the casual internet fan
                        SO are the terms, "he's long", "can penetrate", and "an ass you can bounce quarters off of". Well, maybe not the last one, but it doesn't make them right, does it?
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

SO are the terms, "he's long", "can penetrate", and "an ass you can bounce quarters off of". Well, maybe not the last one, but it doesn't make them right, does it?
                          An ass you can bounce quarters off of? What scouting reports have YOU been reading.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                            An ass you can bounce quarters off of? What scouting reports have YOU been reading.
                            Ya, I got mixed up with the scouting reports on FHM.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

She sure has "lively legs"

Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Jul 4, 2010, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X