Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Trying To Land Amare

This courtesy of Ric Bucher from ESPN:

Amare Stoudemire now appears to be a long shot to return to Phoenix after opting out of the last year of his contract and negotiations on a new deal with Suns owner Robert Sarver broke off late Tuesday night, a source said.

Stoudemire is now in the mix of free-agent power forwards being pursued by the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, New Jersey Nets and New York Knicks.

The Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks and Toronto Raptors also are looking at potential sign-and-trade scenarios that could land Stoudemire.

Heat president Pat Riley met with Stoudemire last night and pitched Stoudemire on joining LeBron James and Dwyane Wade with the Heat, a source said.

All three would have to sign similar five-year deals starting at roughly $15 million, less than they could make on sign-and-trade deals.
    Source - Click here

I highly doubt Toronto is in the mix to try to land Amare' since they have more chances of landing Bosh.

Comment

h, god. I hope Toronto isn't in the mix. What would be the point?
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        h, god. I hope Toronto isn't in the mix. What would be the point?
        turning over a new leaf would be a point
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          turning over a new leaf would be a point
          How would that be turning over a new leaf? Amare is older, not as good a rebounder and plays worse defense than Bosh. Basically, it would take them back where they were before, but a worse defensively. Ya, that's turning over a new leaf.

Turning over a new leaf is not taking back any players who aren't, at the very least, above average defensively.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Riley pitched Amare on joining Wade and James? Bosh going elsewhere now? Funny.

In terms of the Raptors, I'm all for Amare coming here. Bosh isn't that much better than Amare.

Comment

Yeah, I find it terribly odd that amidst all the defense/leadership/centerpiece status (or lack thereof) talk, the very same fans want us to go after players that don't match their own criteria. So I take it max money Amare can apparently be the man on this team? That David Lee/Elton Brand/Al Jefferson is also apparently a good defender.

Comment

Can you sat worst defense in the history of the league? Amare, while I do like his game, is not someone we want in Toronto.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Well its a longshot if we land amare but if we do its a good step towards building a new team. He isnt exactly a defensive presence but maybe his presence would attract other players to the team, or BC might get some intriguing offers for his services come deadline day.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, I find it terribly odd that amidst all the defense/leadership/centerpiece status (or lack thereof) talk, the very same fans want us to go after players that don't match their own criteria. So I take it max money Amare can apparently be the man on this team? That David Lee/Elton Brand/Al Jefferson is also apparently a good defender.
                    It's gotten so bad that on another thread, a couple of people were actually arguing in favour of Beasley over Bosh.

All season long, people complained about the Raptors lack of defense, the lack of leadership from Bosh and the fact that they don't want the Raptors to overpay him. Yet people are so scared of losing Bosh's production they'll make a deal with the devil to get it back, ever in lesser form. Sure, Amare, Jefferson or whoever won't help one major problem the Raptors had last year, never mind actually improve them. At least the Raptors fans can pretend that little has changed.

These are the types of moves that scared GMs do, fearful of losing their job. If they can just keep enough talent around, no one will notice that the team actually isn't going anywhere. At least his job is safe.

I'm actually now looking forward to the rebuilding process. Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, Sonny Weems, DeMar DeRozan and even Marco Belinelli are some nice young players that should help the team on both ends of the floor. I look forward to watching them develop and watch the team acquire the right types of players. Sure, the wins won't be aplenty, but the future will certainly look a lot brighter.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Holy Moly. Not yet 24 hours and it's wilder than I ever thought.

Like someone else said everyone should chill and hope BC has a cool finger on the pulse of whats going down. Its like a convention of the baddest sharks.

Amare in Toronto? S&T? Quick, someone call Doug Smith to confirm and why?

Sidebar....this guy sometimes had problems with little Stevie N. And Nash made him.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                        A rebuild is about acquiring assets. I feel Amare's defense is as good as Chris' and I never have had a problem with Chris' defense. Chris wasn't the liability on defense for the Raptors and neither was Amare for the Suns
                        Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jul 1, 2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          A rebuild is about aquiring assets. I feel Amare's defense is as good as Chris' and I never have had a problem with Chris' defense. Chris wasn't the liability on defense for the Raptors and neither was Amare for the Suns
                          Apparently you didn't watch the playoffs.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Riley pitched Amare on joining Wade and James? Bosh going elsewhere now? Funny.

In terms of the Raptors, I'm all for Amare coming here. Bosh isn't that much better than Amare.
                            they compared them on the score after amare claiming he was better than bosh and amare topped every category other than rebounding by like 1 and something esle that was pretty close. i say amare is better than bosh.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

A rebuild is about aquiring assets. I feel Amare's defense is as good as Chris' and I never have had a problem with Chris' defense. Chris wasn't the liability on defense for the Raptors and neither was Amare for the Suns
                              Fully concur with first sentence.

But rare is the time (I cant think of one) that one can move/trade a max. player (I assume an AS would be such) once accumulated as a considered asset. You do max deals because you believe in the player to keep as a cornerstone. The best assets to possess during a rebuild are draft choices, trade exceptions and low cost/young players that you can flip for proven and more expensive players.

Comment

Working...
                              X