Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Abbott: Turkoglu & Raptors Making Amends

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Abbott: Turkoglu & Raptors Making Amends

*sigh* Well, buckle in because we're in for another season with Hedo.

As free agency shakes out, the Raptors' need for a small forward to replace the disgruntled Turkoglu -- who would presumably be heading somewhere -- was part of the reason some felt Toronto might consider taking on Luol Deng's big contract in a sign-and-trade for Chris Bosh. Such a move would make the Bulls exceptionally attractive for players like LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

However, Turkoglu's back on the same TV channel on Thursday, only this time after spending some time listening to the soothing tones of newish Raptors' assistant coach P.J. Carlesimo, who is now in Turkey telling Turkoglu how much better things could be.

Here, translated into English, is some of what Turkoglu had to say:

"As a basketball player, my only goal is to perform at the highest level again. I want to play in a system that fits me. Iím happy that Carlesimo is here, heís a good friend of mine since my Spurs days."

"Everybody makes mistakes, thatís a fact. Both parties [Hedo and Raptors management] think that itís time to correct them. Toronto wants me back and to take the leading role. Iím happy that Carlesimo is here, and we will all see what summer brings. I donít have any problems with the city of Toronto or the Raptors. I want to be able to perform at the highest level."

"I donít know about the free agency frenzy. I havenít talked to Bosh. Heís one of the greatest power forwards in NBA right now. And heís very clever, too. Bosh will decide whatís best for him."
    Source - Click here

Post Thanks / Like

no
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

god damn here comes another 4 years of pizza commercials........fuckin all-star for ya

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Check for marks on Carlesimo's neck when he gets back.

Wonder why Triano, the head coach and installer of the new system, didnt make the pilgrimage as well?

Is "new system" a metaphor for "Bosh is gone"? So many questions...so few answers.

Post Thanks / Like

Translation: The Raptors can't find a decent deal and so they're not moving him. Time to mend bridges.

Raptors Republic Rookie Vellassco's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Pls Noooo.

Its going to be another HUGE MISTAKE from Hedo within just 1 year. What are you doing my man. Even if this year roster fits you, even if you takes bigger role in new system, this fan base will chew you alive at your first stumble. C'on man. You most likely forget how cold Toronto's weather for you after breathing fresh warm air in your country. Behave like a big boy and stand behind your previous words. Bah! pooooo

Post Thanks / Like

Fuck you hedo!!!

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote vellassco wrote: View Post
    fuck you hedo!!!
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vellassco wrote: View Post

Its going to be another HUGE MISTAKE from Hedo within just 1 year. What are you doing my man. Even if this year roster fits you, even if you takes bigger role in new system, this fan base will chew you alive at your first stumble. C'on man. You most likely forget how cold Toronto's weather for you after breathing fresh warm air in your country. Behave like a big boy and stand behind your previous words. Bah! pooooo
    Hedo has realized that getting someone to pay you 10 very large ones/year is not easy. Especially when you didnt show value. He's the only one who can improve his image. He plays hard and all will be well.

Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

W/E i hope he comes back with a chip on his shoulder and performs like he did in Orlando trying to prove everyone wrong. I think it could almost be as equivalent, as it being his last year of his contract or he could just tank and make a bunch of pizza commercials again.
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to wonder if Bill Simmon's Ewing Theory will come into play for the 2010-11 Raptors. It's a little intriguing you have to admit.

Ewing Theory: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...immons/010509a

Edit: And yes I am getting a little desperate right now
    Last edited by Mess; Thu Jul 1st, 2010 at 07:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vellassco wrote: View Post

Some might say if he was a big boy his previous words wouldn't have been spoken...

Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if Bill Simmon's Ewing Theory will come into play for the 2010-11 Raptors. It's a little intriguing you have to admit.

Ewing Theory: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...immons/010509a

Edit: And yes I am getting a little desperate right now
    In regards to not having Bosh or if Hedo gets hurt? In regards to Bosh the Raptors play absolutely pathetic without him.
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jul 1st, 2010 at 07:17 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like this if the market wasn't that great for him. Better to keep him then to trade him for nothing. Hopefully Triano can utilize him a lot better this year and he has a monster season. Calderon has to leave now if Turk will be handling the ball. If they can get a descent S&T for Bosh next year might not be all that bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Besides his inner Diva, in a system designed for plays which Turk runs, he could be an impactful and useful player. If Triano actually comes through this time and steals plays the Magic used to run then yeah it should be a good season assuming our D gets a little better as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Hedo has realized that getting someone to pay you 10 very large ones/year is not easy. Especially when you didnt show value. He's the only one who can improve his image. He plays hard and all will be well.
    BS!!!

His image is still there. Yea, Him and Toronto tried hard to turn it to a mess but its still there. All this idiot wants is to take facilitator role. Now he is thinking he will take it in here. Moron. Same Management, same coach, same fan base. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Everybody makes mistakes yes, but if you do same mistake twice, it makes you Moron.

Even If BC cant move you, waive your contract then seek it in other place but not Toronto.

He plays hard and all will be well? ahh

Sorry Bendit, its BS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Some might say if he was a big boy his previous words wouldn't have been spoken...
    Yes "Some" might... most probably from above north border.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as Calderon is concerned, I will join the rest to say, "Sayonara". With Hedo in the mix, they simply cannot co-exist. I mean Calderon just wants to dribble, then dribble some more. I liken Nelson with Jack (shoot first, then pass later kinda guards). If he's on the floor with Hedo, it should work more - without Bosh, even better. Part of the reason why Odom was the X-factor in LA was because of his length, ability to handle the ball and control the offence at times (remember, LA does not have a true PG!). I think Hedo can be the same if need be. There's seems to be interest in Felton from around the league, why not Jose? Oh wait, maybe it's because of the 9Mil salary - but wait, we have the Knicks to scoop him from us (they'll get desperate once they're out of the sweepstakes and they still need a PG to run their offence)...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

This makes me upset
    and i agree with Apollo when he said this is basicly code for: Nobody wants him we have to keep him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    In regards to not having Bosh or if Hedo gets hurt? In regards to Bosh the Raptors play absolutely pathetic without him.
    I meant with Bosh being gone. They'll put in a new offensive system from day 1 of training camp, not one that revolves around CB and leaves them lost when he gets injured.

Like I said, it's a long shot, I was stretching. A lot of things have to happen for that to occur. But ideally with the young players improving, more rebounding and some defense at the rim (even on the bench) it's possible.

But realistically.....I'll be happy that if, for example, Amir gets kneed in the balls that DD and Sonny run over to side. Baby steps, small changes, but with enough of them in the right direction it's not unthinkable.

Post Thanks / Like

Pathetic!. In last couple of days trend suddenly changed and surprisingly many posters have started to emphasize Hedo's positives instead of negatives.

Good Morning Vietnam.

Where were you all during the regular season. Hedo's bloods was on all over the Raptors wall and we were saying those things but you were no where. Now please stop polishing him. Just kick his ass out of Toronto. This relation is broken and cant be fixed.

Thread Information