Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Abbott: Turkoglu & Raptors Making Amends

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, we're reacting to the spin and trying to talk ourselves in to another year of it, that it will be better this time.

Because it can't get any worse, right?

Don't answer that

Post Thanks / Like

The hope is that PJ can execute the "Tough Love" type coaching that Hedo needs to be effective...that and going cold turk-ey on the pizza.

Raptors Republic Rookie Vellassco's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to believe that all those interviews are a part of marketing strategy which is driven by BC&Hedo duo in order to increase his value in trade negotiations. My last hope.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vellassco wrote: View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Pls Noooo.

Its going to be another HUGE MISTAKE from Hedo within just 1 year. What are you doing my man. Even if this year roster fits you, even if you takes bigger role in new system, this fan base will chew you alive at your first stumble. C'on man. You most likely forget how cold Toronto's weather for you after breathing fresh warm air in your country. Behave like a big boy and stand behind your previous words. Bah! pooooo
    raptor fans are being screwed.lol. instead of tanking really well, we will get more wins that puts us outside of the top 10 again.it`s like BC is saying if I`m not going to be extended, I might as well screw up the team a la Isaiah Thomas with the Knicks. say hello to mediocrity and the mediocraptors - not bad but not good either(worst place to be, at least the clippers and timberwolves will luck out one day with their tanking just like cleveland did with lebrick ``I deserve a championship`` james).

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the following reactions following this news:

and

and finally...

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Translation: The Raptors can't find a decent deal and so they're not moving him. Time to mend bridges.
    ya i think this was the best option in the current circumstances. I wanted hedo gone but not at the expense of a pick or derozan all the trades for hedo probably sucked. i still wont be surprised to see hedo traded before the trade deadline next season

Raptors Republic Rookie Brain Colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Toronto can run Orlando's system without a dominant offensive rebounder and 3 shooters who can also rebound. If one of DeMar or Sonny learns to shoot, it could work on occasion with various sets involving Bargs, Jack and the newfound shooter on the floor with Amir down low (he's no D-12, though, is he).

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

@Vellassco

"Waive his contract..."?

You are not serious are you? Why do you think this rapprochement is occurring? Because of the money my dear fellow. Turk doesnt want to walk away because he wont get anywhere close to it in a new deal elsewhere. Remember, the Magic valued him at about 7 for 3-4 yrs max. and Portland who BC "stole" Hedo from was the only other team who came close to the deal he has with the Raptors (maybe 3-4 mill. more). I dont think Hedo is the ultra honorable person who got scorned so badly that he would walk away from another 43 mill. GUARANTEED. And of course, because of the last season iaddition to his contract, the Raptors cannot find a suitable trade. So it is in fact ALL about the money. It mostly always is. And people do change when it is mutually convenient...something about it being just prudent for the balance sheet...honor be secondary and quite ephemeral....for the movies or an attitude of a century past. Like I said, he rehabilitates his image and play and only good can come of it...but for the fans here who would see him each game, all they want is a full effort.

Post Thanks / Like

I think thereīs way to much expectation for Hedo. Everyone wants him to play like he did in Orlando, but it was Orlando (the team) that made him play so well because he was perfect for that system. So therefore the expectations are unrealistic. His stats arenīt that different from his Orlando days.

I think if we start building a defensive-minded team. We got 2 good defensive bigs from the draft. plus amir johnson. We should be alright.
    But on the other hand. This team is rebuilding. Hedo isnīt the ideal veteran you want around our prospects.

So I dunno..... itīd be hilarious if he got traded :P

p.s I THINK WE SHOULD SOMEHOW TRADE HIM FOR STEVE NASH.... itīd be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    @Vellassco

"Waive his contract..."?

You are not serious are you? Why do you think this rapprochement is occurring? Because of the money my dear fellow. Turk doesnt want to walk away because he wont get anywhere close to it in a new deal elsewhere. Remember, the Magic valued him at about 7 for 3-4 yrs max. and Portland who BC "stole" Hedo from was the only other team who came close to the deal he has with the Raptors (maybe 3-4 mill. more).

Turkoglu passed on $36 million over four years from the Orlando Magic just after helping lead them to the 2009 NBA Finals
    Link
    1 mil less/more - 1 year less/more.

Money was there. will be there after "Waive".

Post Thanks / Like

Everybody makes mistakes, thatís a fact. Both parties [Hedo and Raptors management] think that itís time to correct them.
    I watched it 5 min ago, I don't know who translated this but hedo was addressing Orlando on above quote not Toronto while he is mentioning mistakes.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

NO!!! They only hedo new that I wanna hear is when he is acquired by another team! No Hedo No!

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what ppl?

If you boo the hell out of Turk in the ACC and you piss him off, he actually plays better!!!

Remember that game that made him say "Ball"? He still remembered our boos from a last game and he took out his anger on the Knicks all by himself (although the Knicks can't defend anything and made him look good).

A good ol' saying from tonious35: "The one who must pay amends usually brings back in double or triple the amount expected from before, but if they don't... God will find some way and means to take him out"

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Hedo coming back could be great if he actually shows up. Him and Amir or Bargs could be a pick and roll/pop nightmare if Hedo comes into the season in good shape and ready to play. I'll not be upset at all if Hedo is back in Raptor red next season.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Thread Information