Abbott: Turkoglu & Raptors Making Amends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Some might say if he was a big boy his previous words wouldn't have been spoken...
    Yes "Some" might... most probably from above north border.

Comment

As far as Calderon is concerned, I will join the rest to say, "Sayonara". With Hedo in the mix, they simply cannot co-exist. I mean Calderon just wants to dribble, then dribble some more. I liken Nelson with Jack (shoot first, then pass later kinda guards). If he's on the floor with Hedo, it should work more - without Bosh, even better. Part of the reason why Odom was the X-factor in LA was because of his length, ability to handle the ball and control the offence at times (remember, LA does not have a true PG!). I think Hedo can be the same if need be. There's seems to be interest in Felton from around the league, why not Jose? Oh wait, maybe it's because of the 9Mil salary - but wait, we have the Knicks to scoop him from us (they'll get desperate once they're out of the sweepstakes and they still need a PG to run their offence)...
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

This makes me upset
        and i agree with Apollo when he said this is basicly code for: Nobody wants him we have to keep him

Comment

In regards to not having Bosh or if Hedo gets hurt? In regards to Bosh the Raptors play absolutely pathetic without him.
          I meant with Bosh being gone. They'll put in a new offensive system from day 1 of training camp, not one that revolves around CB and leaves them lost when he gets injured.

Like I said, it's a long shot, I was stretching. A lot of things have to happen for that to occur. But ideally with the young players improving, more rebounding and some defense at the rim (even on the bench) it's possible.

But realistically.....I'll be happy that if, for example, Amir gets kneed in the balls that DD and Sonny run over to side. Baby steps, small changes, but with enough of them in the right direction it's not unthinkable.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Pathetic!. In last couple of days trend suddenly changed and surprisingly many posters have started to emphasize Hedo's positives instead of negatives.

Good Morning Vietnam.

Where were you all during the regular season. Hedo's bloods was on all over the Raptors wall and we were saying those things but you were no where. Now please stop polishing him. Just kick his ass out of Toronto. This relation is broken and cant be fixed.

Comment

Ha, we're reacting to the spin and trying to talk ourselves in to another year of it, that it will be better this time.

Because it can't get any worse, right?

Don't answer that
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

The hope is that PJ can execute the "Tough Love" type coaching that Hedo needs to be effective...that and going cold turk-ey on the pizza.

Comment

I want to believe that all those interviews are a part of marketing strategy which is driven by BC&Hedo duo in order to increase his value in trade negotiations. My last hope.

Comment

Vellassco wrote: View Post
                    Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Pls Noooo.

Its going to be another HUGE MISTAKE from Hedo within just 1 year. What are you doing my man. Even if this year roster fits you, even if you takes bigger role in new system, this fan base will chew you alive at your first stumble. C'on man. You most likely forget how cold Toronto's weather for you after breathing fresh warm air in your country. Behave like a big boy and stand behind your previous words. Bah! pooooo
                    raptor fans are being screwed.lol. instead of tanking really well, we will get more wins that puts us outside of the top 10 again.it`s like BC is saying if I`m not going to be extended, I might as well screw up the team a la Isaiah Thomas with the Knicks. say hello to mediocrity and the mediocraptors - not bad but not good either(worst place to be, at least the clippers and timberwolves will luck out one day with their tanking just like cleveland did with lebrick ``I deserve a championship`` james).

Comment

I had the following reactions following this news:

and

and finally...

Comment

Translation: The Raptors can't find a decent deal and so they're not moving him. Time to mend bridges.
                        ya i think this was the best option in the current circumstances. I wanted hedo gone but not at the expense of a pick or derozan all the trades for hedo probably sucked. i still wont be surprised to see hedo traded before the trade deadline next season
                        ya dun noe

Comment

I don't think Toronto can run Orlando's system without a dominant offensive rebounder and 3 shooters who can also rebound. If one of DeMar or Sonny learns to shoot, it could work on occasion with various sets involving Bargs, Jack and the newfound shooter on the floor with Amir down low (he's no D-12, though, is he).

Comment

@Vellassco

"Waive his contract..."?

You are not serious are you? Why do you think this rapprochement is occurring? Because of the money my dear fellow. Turk doesnt want to walk away because he wont get anywhere close to it in a new deal elsewhere. Remember, the Magic valued him at about 7 for 3-4 yrs max. and Portland who BC "stole" Hedo from was the only other team who came close to the deal he has with the Raptors (maybe 3-4 mill. more). I dont think Hedo is the ultra honorable person who got scorned so badly that he would walk away from another 43 mill. GUARANTEED. And of course, because of the last season iaddition to his contract, the Raptors cannot find a suitable trade. So it is in fact ALL about the money. It mostly always is. And people do change when it is mutually convenient...something about it being just prudent for the balance sheet...honor be secondary and quite ephemeral....for the movies or an attitude of a century past. Like I said, he rehabilitates his image and play and only good can come of it...but for the fans here who would see him each game, all they want is a full effort.

Comment

I think there´s way to much expectation for Hedo. Everyone wants him to play like he did in Orlando, but it was Orlando (the team) that made him play so well because he was perfect for that system. So therefore the expectations are unrealistic. His stats aren´t that different from his Orlando days.

I think if we start building a defensive-minded team. We got 2 good defensive bigs from the draft. plus amir johnson. We should be alright.
                              But on the other hand. This team is rebuilding. Hedo isn´t the ideal veteran you want around our prospects.

So I dunno..... it´d be hilarious if he got traded :P

p.s I THINK WE SHOULD SOMEHOW TRADE HIM FOR STEVE NASH.... it´d be perfect.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                                @Vellassco

"Waive his contract..."?

You are not serious are you? Why do you think this rapprochement is occurring? Because of the money my dear fellow. Turk doesnt want to walk away because he wont get anywhere close to it in a new deal elsewhere. Remember, the Magic valued him at about 7 for 3-4 yrs max. and Portland who BC "stole" Hedo from was the only other team who came close to the deal he has with the Raptors (maybe 3-4 mill. more).

Turkoglu passed on $36 million over four years from the Orlando Magic just after helping lead them to the 2009 NBA Finals
                                Link
                                1 mil less/more - 1 year less/more.

Money was there. will be there after "Waive".

Comment

Working...
                                X