Abbott: Turkoglu & Raptors Making Amends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbott: Turkoglu & Raptors Making Amends

*sigh* Well, buckle in because we're in for another season with Hedo.

As free agency shakes out, the Raptors' need for a small forward to replace the disgruntled Turkoglu -- who would presumably be heading somewhere -- was part of the reason some felt Toronto might consider taking on Luol Deng's big contract in a sign-and-trade for Chris Bosh. Such a move would make the Bulls exceptionally attractive for players like LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

However, Turkoglu's back on the same TV channel on Thursday, only this time after spending some time listening to the soothing tones of newish Raptors' assistant coach P.J. Carlesimo, who is now in Turkey telling Turkoglu how much better things could be.

Here, translated into English, is some of what Turkoglu had to say:

"As a basketball player, my only goal is to perform at the highest level again. I want to play in a system that fits me. I’m happy that Carlesimo is here, he’s a good friend of mine since my Spurs days."

"Everybody makes mistakes, that’s a fact. Both parties [Hedo and Raptors management] think that it’s time to correct them. Toronto wants me back and to take the leading role. I’m happy that Carlesimo is here, and we will all see what summer brings. I don’t have any problems with the city of Toronto or the Raptors. I want to be able to perform at the highest level."

"I don’t know about the free agency frenzy. I haven’t talked to Bosh. He’s one of the greatest power forwards in NBA right now. And he’s very clever, too. Bosh will decide what’s best for him."
    Source - Click here

no
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

god damn here comes another 4 years of pizza commercials........fuckin all-star for ya

Comment

Check for marks on Carlesimo's neck when he gets back.

Wonder why Triano, the head coach and installer of the new system, didnt make the pilgrimage as well?

Is "new system" a metaphor for "Bosh is gone"? So many questions...so few answers.

Comment

Translation: The Raptors can't find a decent deal and so they're not moving him. Time to mend bridges.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Pls Noooo.

Its going to be another HUGE MISTAKE from Hedo within just 1 year. What are you doing my man. Even if this year roster fits you, even if you takes bigger role in new system, this fan base will chew you alive at your first stumble. C'on man. You most likely forget how cold Toronto's weather for you after breathing fresh warm air in your country. Behave like a big boy and stand behind your previous words. Bah! pooooo

Comment

Fuck you hedo!!!

Comment

vellassco wrote: View Post
                fuck you hedo!!!
                +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000

Comment

Vellassco wrote: View Post

Its going to be another HUGE MISTAKE from Hedo within just 1 year. What are you doing my man. Even if this year roster fits you, even if you takes bigger role in new system, this fan base will chew you alive at your first stumble. C'on man. You most likely forget how cold Toronto's weather for you after breathing fresh warm air in your country. Behave like a big boy and stand behind your previous words. Bah! pooooo
                  Hedo has realized that getting someone to pay you 10 very large ones/year is not easy. Especially when you didnt show value. He's the only one who can improve his image. He plays hard and all will be well.

Comment

W/E i hope he comes back with a chip on his shoulder and performs like he did in Orlando trying to prove everyone wrong. I think it could almost be as equivalent, as it being his last year of his contract or he could just tank and make a bunch of pizza commercials again.
                    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if Bill Simmon's Ewing Theory will come into play for the 2010-11 Raptors. It's a little intriguing you have to admit.

Ewing Theory: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...immons/010509a

Edit: And yes I am getting a little desperate right now
                      Last edited by Mess; Thu Jul 1, 2010, 07:03 PM.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Vellassco wrote: View Post

Some might say if he was a big boy his previous words wouldn't have been spoken...

Mess wrote: View Post
                        I'm starting to wonder if Bill Simmon's Ewing Theory will come into play for the 2010-11 Raptors. It's a little intriguing you have to admit.

Ewing Theory: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...immons/010509a

Edit: And yes I am getting a little desperate right now
                        In regards to not having Bosh or if Hedo gets hurt? In regards to Bosh the Raptors play absolutely pathetic without him.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jul 1, 2010, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I really like this if the market wasn't that great for him. Better to keep him then to trade him for nothing. Hopefully Triano can utilize him a lot better this year and he has a monster season. Calderon has to leave now if Turk will be handling the ball. If they can get a descent S&T for Bosh next year might not be all that bad.

Comment

Besides his inner Diva, in a system designed for plays which Turk runs, he could be an impactful and useful player. If Triano actually comes through this time and steals plays the Magic used to run then yeah it should be a good season assuming our D gets a little better as well.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Hedo has realized that getting someone to pay you 10 very large ones/year is not easy. Especially when you didnt show value. He's the only one who can improve his image. He plays hard and all will be well.
                              BS!!!

His image is still there. Yea, Him and Toronto tried hard to turn it to a mess but its still there. All this idiot wants is to take facilitator role. Now he is thinking he will take it in here. Moron. Same Management, same coach, same fan base. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Everybody makes mistakes yes, but if you do same mistake twice, it makes you Moron.

Even If BC cant move you, waive your contract then seek it in other place but not Toronto.

He plays hard and all will be well? ahh

Sorry Bendit, its BS!

Comment

Working...
                              X