Raptors Ink Amir Johnson To A Five-year, $34 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Ink Amir Johnson To A Five-year, $34 Million Deal

Toronto Raptors have reached agreement to sign centre Amir Johnson to a five-year, $34 million deal, agent Kevin Bradbury tells Y! Sports. 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck
    http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo
    Toronto Secures $34M Deal With Amir Johnson
    Jul 01, 2010 8:47 PM EST

Toronto Raptors have reached agreement to sign center Amir Johnson to a five-year, $34 million deal, agent Kevin Bradbury tells Y! Sports.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! (via Twitter)
    http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir..._amir_johnson/
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Sign Amir to 5 Yrs/$34 Million?

This according to Bosh's puppet Hadi

Amir Johnson has come to terms with the Raptors on a 5 year 34 million dollar deal. #YoungGunz
    Source - Click here

Comment

That was the big news he was talking about earlier today.

That is about in line with what I thought he would get at the top side except he got an extra year more than what I expected.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Amir Johnson signs a new contract with Toronto

5 Years, 34 Millions, of course he is no center^^

first step to a successful offseason, congrats bc
        Last edited by jjiio; Thu Jul 1, 2010, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I like the idea of having our second most productive player last year around for another 5 years, but I get the feeling BC bid against himself again and they could have gotten him for cheaper. If he gets the minutes, Amir will easily show he's worth it.

Comment

It is $2 million more than Drew Gooden got. So Liston's thread was right there.

Comment

IamAmirJohnson

BIG NEWS!!!!! IMMMMM BACKKK!!.... TDOT will be my home! I'm officially a Canadian..TDOT STAND UP LEEGO! #younggunz!!! :-) 5 minutes ago via web

Comment

I'm happy for Amir, and the money is not hugely above what I figured he'd get - I was hoping around $6 mil a year, he got just under $7M.

A- for the signing, just 'cause I figure he could have been had for a few million less.

I'd be shocked if BC was the only GM interested though.

Comment

Yeah well considering how we all see how much potential Amir still has, other GMs for sure saw that in him as well. Definitely other teams were interested in him so Im stoked on the deal, not so much the money but lets hope he only gets better and lives up to it

Comment

Does anyone have info on the per year breakdown?

Comment

According to Bruce Arthur from the National Post, Phoenix and Golden State were interested in Amir too.

Looks like Phoenix and Golden State were both interested in Amir Johnson, per @gswscribe and @paulcoro. 5/34M-interested? We'll never know.
                      Source - Click here

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        According to Bruce Arthur from the National Post, Phoenix and Golden State were interested in Amir too.

Source - Click here
                        This is interesting because a month or so ago I had an email exchange with someone in the Pistons organization that I still maintain contact with. He said to me "Amir would sure look good with Nash"

Not to be unless Nash gets traded to Toronto

Comment

I think there were 4 teams interested in Amir, probably why the deal ended being more than it should be but ah well its good to keep the young gunz here.

http://www.thescore.com/home/article...6-a-good-start

Comment

Grading The Deal: Raptors Keep Amir Johnson

By: Christopher Reina
                            RealGM.com Writer
                            Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_fea...#ixzz0sU6HvKrZ

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_fea..._amir_johnson/

Comment

Happy for Amir. If BC had competition for AJ then fine. He is young, plays hard, wants to be here and improving his offense. But somehow I always get the feeling BC overpays. The core gets larger and thats a good thing. And everyone seems to be paying top dollar at this time (J.Johnson, Gay, Salmons).

Comment

Working...
                              X