Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Heat Make Contract Offer To Bosh, Don't Get Early Commitment

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Heat Make Contract Offer To Bosh, Don't Get Early Commitment

    Heat Make Contract Offer To Bosh, Don't Get Early Commitment

    Jul 01, 2010 8:15 PM EST

    Chris Bosh had an 'impressive and productive' meeting with the Heat on Thursday.

    Miami offered a contract proposal to Bosh, but they were unable to secure an early commitment.

    Via Michael Wallace/Miami Herald (via Twitter)
    http://bit.ly/ciEBZI

    Like I thought - No sign and trade involved. Lets see if he eventually accepts it.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Interesting that Bosh has just tweeted something about going to his next meeting but he has not tweeted anything about Johnson's contract. Of course as everyone has said he is Raptors history, so I guess it is not too surprising. However, you would think he could give a Twitter shout out to Amir on the contract.

    Maybe Bosh is too self-involved to give a rats butt. Kind of like he was as a Raptors player.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  3. #3
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    3,948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Maybe Bosh is too self-involved to give a rats butt. Kind of like he was as a Raptors player.
    Exactly .... when it comes to his extra-curricular activities Bosh has always been self-involved.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think most teams are hoping to convince Bosh to sign for less so they won't have to do a sign and trade with the Raptors.

    I wouldn't be suprised if this was Miami's offer and Bosh agent rejected it.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I think most teams are hoping to convince Bosh to sign for less so they won't have to do a sign and trade with the Raptors.

    I wouldn't be suprised if this was Miami's offer and Bosh agent rejected it.
    Bosh's agent is Wade's agent.

    In the end I think he will sign with Miami. I think he likes the process and being courted so the will go through the motions but in the end wind up in Miami. Just saying
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Bosh's agent is Wade's agent.
    It doesn't matter, an agent is loyal to his indvidual clients specific needs as opposed to the team the players play full.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Interesting that Bosh has just tweeted something about going to his next meeting but he has not tweeted anything about Johnson's contract. Of course as everyone has said he is Raptors history, so I guess it is not too surprising. However, you would think he could give a Twitter shout out to Amir on the contract.

    Maybe Bosh is too self-involved to give a rats butt. Kind of like he was as a Raptors player.
    Bosh didn't tweet about Johnson's deal?

    He should be shot for not being attuned to this recent development as it greatly affects his future, no?

    Who cares!!

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Bosh didn't tweet about Johnson's deal?

    He should be shot for not being attuned to this recent development as it greatly affects his future, no?

    Who cares!!
    He could have been a nice guy. After all he did play on the same team as Johnson this last season.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It doesn't matter to me either way, but how do you know he didn't call him personally?

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    It doesn't matter to me either way, but how do you know he didn't call him personally?
    Who calls anyone these days? Text message? Psh, that's last generation. If you don't tweet it, it didn't happen.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    It doesn't matter to me either way, but how do you know he didn't call him personally?
    Good point. The young gunz and MacKenzie tweeted him but I guess Bosh could have called him or maybe even did it the archaic way; emailed him . Maybe Bosh had more to say then he could put in a tweet or didn't want to bother typing a long tweet
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Like I thought - No sign and trade involved. Lets see if he eventually accepts it.
    I think that assumption is a bit of a reach. It would be odd (to me, at least) to not make an offer, then try to reach a S&T agreement with Toronto, then failing that finally making an offer to Bosh. If I was Bosh, I'd want that offer on the table immediately so I have the option to accept it for whatever reason. Then we talk to BC and see if we can work something out, and BC can see that if he doesn't work something out I can simply walk. Makes more sense that way, it clears up any ambiguities that may occur if we try for a S&T first and fail, and it's not exactly difficult to add in the S&T bit and change a few numbers later.
    Last edited by Quixotic; Thu Jul 1st, 2010 at 11:11 PM.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    I think that assumption is a bit of a reach. It would be odd (to me, at least) to not make an offer, then try to reach a S&T agreement with Toronto, then failing that finally making an offer to Bosh. If I was Bosh, I'd want that offer on the table immediately so I have the option to accept it for whatever reason. Then we talk to BC and see if we can work something out, and BC can see that if he doesn't work something out I can simply walk. Makes more sense that way, it clears up any ambiguities that may occur if we try for a S&T first and fail, and it's not exactly difficult to add in the S&T bit and change a few numbers later.
    There is nothing that the Heat have that the Raptors want.

    Drug addict Beasley, please. Chalmers double please. He can't carry the sneakers of either Calderon or Jack and barely those of Banks.

    That is all they have.

    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

    So maybe a S&T where BC gets a TPE and future picks. That might be possible if Riley wants to give it up. However, I am sure he would prefer not to and Wade, Riley and Thomas will all work on Bosh to just walk. We shall see.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I know better than most what Miami has. :-p But if we are retooling and not rebuilding, the TPE alone is far better than nothing. Losing Bosh = losing most of his cap allocation. As it stands, if Bosh walks, we only have the MLE. If we want to retool, we NEED that TPE from Miami.

    And one has nothing to do with the other at this point. One is whether Toronto would want to S&T for anything Miami has and the other is your assumption that Miami and Bosh have already decided on a straight signing without consulting Toronto. Bosh *supposedly* hasn't even made up his mind yet, let alone present his final team selection for BC to decide whether or not to S&T. =P

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    There is nothing that the Heat have that the Raptors want.

    Drug addict Beasley, please. Chalmers double please. He can't carry the sneakers of either Calderon or Jack and barely those of Banks.

    That is all they have.

    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

    So maybe a S&T where BC gets a TPE and future picks. That might be possible if Riley wants to give it up. However, I am sure he would prefer not to and Wade, Riley and Thomas will all work on Bosh to just walk. We shall see.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Maybe they just aren't close friends? Maybe Bosh is busy in meetings and hasn't even noticed. Maybe some of us here need more hobbies...

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hell even Reggie tweeted Johnson and congratulated him
    ReggieEvans30

    @IamAmirJohnson Congrag myboy delta airline on deck for u. 7 minutes ago via HTC Peep in reply to IamAmirJohnson
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How exactly does the TPE exception work...If Toronto gets a 16+ million TPE from Miami...can they use that money to sign players, or does it have to be used through trades only? Can a player, with a contract of, say, 10 million, be traded to TO for 10 million of the TPE, leaving the Raps with 6+ million to be used similarly? Can a player (or combination of players) with a contract(s) larger than 16+ million come to TO, use all the TPE, then TO pays the remainder?

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good gravy delicious would i like to see that huge TPE be used to grab Gilbert Arenas. If we could simply absorb his contract outright that's a pretty sweet option for Washington, immediately freeing max salary from their payroll. Wouldn't Washington be pretty inclined to deal with TO?

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    637
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It can only be used through trades and I believe you can split up the Trade Exception. I'm not sure if any cash can be included in a trade with a TPE (most likely yes), but there is a max of $3M cash you can include in any deal.


    (why TPE? not TE?)

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    637
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm sure Buddhafan will make a new thread for this, but I'll just add it here:

    chrisbosh (twitter)

    Just had dinner w @dwadeofficial. Great way to end day 1 of #freeagency although it feels like someone is missing...... http://say.ly/FrP2L8
    His other tweets were fine, this one is just lame. I guess he's just cracking a joke but he must be completely oblivious to what anyone in Toronto will think of that.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •