X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Make Contract Offer To Bosh, Don't Get Early Commitment

Heat Make Contract Offer To Bosh, Don't Get Early Commitment

Jul 01, 2010 8:15 PM EST

Chris Bosh had an 'impressive and productive' meeting with the Heat on Thursday.

Miami offered a contract proposal to Bosh, but they were unable to secure an early commitment.

Via Michael Wallace/Miami Herald (via Twitter)
    http://bit.ly/ciEBZI

Like I thought - No sign and trade involved. Lets see if he eventually accepts it.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Interesting that Bosh has just tweeted something about going to his next meeting but he has not tweeted anything about Johnson's contract. Of course as everyone has said he is Raptors history, so I guess it is not too surprising. However, you would think he could give a Twitter shout out to Amir on the contract.

Maybe Bosh is too self-involved to give a rats butt. Kind of like he was as a Raptors player.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Maybe Bosh is too self-involved to give a rats butt. Kind of like he was as a Raptors player.
      Exactly .... when it comes to his extra-curricular activities Bosh has always been self-involved.

Comment

I think most teams are hoping to convince Bosh to sign for less so they won't have to do a sign and trade with the Raptors.

I wouldn't be suprised if this was Miami's offer and Bosh agent rejected it.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          I think most teams are hoping to convince Bosh to sign for less so they won't have to do a sign and trade with the Raptors.

I wouldn't be suprised if this was Miami's offer and Bosh agent rejected it.
          Bosh's agent is Wade's agent.

In the end I think he will sign with Miami. I think he likes the process and being courted so the will go through the motions but in the end wind up in Miami. Just saying

Comment

Bosh's agent is Wade's agent.
            It doesn't matter, an agent is loyal to his indvidual clients specific needs as opposed to the team the players play full.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              It doesn't matter, an agent is loyal to his indvidual clients specific needs as opposed to the team the players play full.
              I doubt that Thomas wants to piss either of his clients Wade or Bosh off. If Wade wants Bosh in Miami Thomas will do his best to make it happen not just for Bosh but also because he doesn't want to piss Wade off.

If Riley wants Bosh and Wade wants Bosh Riley will put pressure on Wade who will in turn put pressure on Thomas and Thomas and Wade will put pressure on Bosh. So in the end Bosh will be more likely to sign there even if it means less money because Riley doesn't want to do a S&T. Don't discount the value of the friendship between Wade and Bosh.
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Jul 1, 2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Interesting that Bosh has just tweeted something about going to his next meeting but he has not tweeted anything about Johnson's contract. Of course as everyone has said he is Raptors history, so I guess it is not too surprising. However, you would think he could give a Twitter shout out to Amir on the contract.

Bosh didn't tweet about Johnson's deal?

He should be shot for not being attuned to this recent development as it greatly affects his future, no?

Who cares!!

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                  Bosh didn't tweet about Johnson's deal?

He should be shot for not being attuned to this recent development as it greatly affects his future, no?

Who cares!!
                  He could have been a nice guy. After all he did play on the same team as Johnson this last season.

Comment

It doesn't matter to me either way, but how do you know he didn't call him personally?

Comment

It doesn't matter to me either way, but how do you know he didn't call him personally?
                      Who calls anyone these days? Text message? Psh, that's last generation. If you don't tweet it, it didn't happen.

Comment

Like I thought - No sign and trade involved. Lets see if he eventually accepts it.
                        I think that assumption is a bit of a reach. It would be odd (to me, at least) to not make an offer, then try to reach a S&T agreement with Toronto, then failing that finally making an offer to Bosh. If I was Bosh, I'd want that offer on the table immediately so I have the option to accept it for whatever reason. Then we talk to BC and see if we can work something out, and BC can see that if he doesn't work something out I can simply walk. Makes more sense that way, it clears up any ambiguities that may occur if we try for a S&T first and fail, and it's not exactly difficult to add in the S&T bit and change a few numbers later.
                        Last edited by Quixotic; Thu Jul 1, 2010, 11:11 PM.

Comment

If Riley wants Bosh and Wade wants Bosh Riley will put pressure on Wade who will in turn put pressure on Thomas and Thomas and Wade will put pressure on Bosh. So in the end Bosh will be more likely to sign there even if it means less money because Riley doesn't want to do a S&T. Don't discount the value of the friendship between Wade and Bosh.
                          Wade gets his cake and eats it too.
                          Riley gets his cake and eats it too.
                          Why doesn't Bosh gets to have his cake eat it too? And $30 million worth of cake is not a joke. Bosh is smart enough to understand that he can't make this loss via sponsorship deals. he is not going anywhere without his max contract and he can only achieve that via a S & T. And no way the agent is losing his commission and displeasing one client to make the other happy.
                          Last edited by freeze; Thu Jul 1, 2010, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Good point. The young gunz and MacKenzie tweeted him but I guess Bosh could have called him or maybe even did it the archaic way; emailed him . Maybe Bosh had more to say then he could put in a tweet or didn't want to bother typing a long tweet

Comment

Maybe they just aren't close friends? Maybe Bosh is busy in meetings and hasn't even noticed. Maybe some of us here need more hobbies...

Comment

Working...
                              X