Rockets Offering Ariza, Battier, Scola in Sign-and-Trade Deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockets Offering Ariza, Battier, Scola in Sign-and-Trade Deals

The Houston Rockets would like to snag one of the top free-agent power forwards, such as Chris Bosh(notes) or Amar'e Stoudemire(notes), but it would have to do a sign-and-trade deal in order to get under the salary cap.

Source http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba,253093

Ariza, Battier and Scola for Bosh? I think that would definitely make us a better team.

If Bosh would go there I'd do it in a second. Those three players would immediately make us a good to very good defensive team and all of them have reasonable contracts. Probably among the best deals we would ever get for Bosh in an s&t.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I'd do this trade. Scola is scrappy. Overall, 3 solid defenders.
      I heard Houston is a "tough sell" for Chris. We'll see.
      http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

"Ariza, Battier and Scola for Bosh?"
        dream on...

Scola must be one of the most underrated players in this league! Does all the dirty work, does not demand the ball... and is some one who comes to play every night, unlike some Raptors!
        Last edited by vino; Fri Jul 2, 2010, 08:44 AM.

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
          "Ariza, Battier and Scola for Bosh?"
          dream on...

Scola must be one of the most underrated players in this league! Does all the dirty work, does not demand the ball... and is some one who comes to play every night, unlike some Raptors!
          Stranger things have happened man. Houston seems to really want Bosh and if they're offering all this to make it happen then it shows. However, I don't see Chris jumping out of his chair at the chance to play with Yao, Aaron Brooks and Kevin Martin

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
            Ariza, Battier and Scola for Bosh? I think that would definitely make us a better team.
            That's a no brainer, but I don't know how delusional a GM could be to give up that much to acquire someone like Bosh.

If it happens, we're laughing but I can't sincerely see this ever coming to fruition.

Comment

Yeah, seems too good to be true.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Scola is a rfa and needs to be signed. He'll be looking for about a 8-10 mil./ deal (seeing as how we are paying Amir close to 7. A wonderful piece for a in-transition team. Houston has a couple of future first rounders I believe one of which would be nice instead of Battier (who I like much and a good guy all round). This does seem a bit much though for a gm like Morey so I wouldnt get too excited and nevermind that Bosh has to want to go there.

Comment

I think Bosh is going to land where ever Wade or James goes. The Rockets makes sense for the Raptors but probably not for Bosh.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I think Bosh is going to land where ever Wade or James goes. The Rockets makes sense for the Raptors but probably not for Bosh.
                    It should in fact make sense for Bosh on a few grounds:

a) They have very good team and coach in place
                    b) They wont gut their team in a s&t because they have as many assets as they do
                    c) Lesser tax rate in Texas = more cash
                    d) He'll be the man with Yao transitioning out and not the offensive force
                    e) They seem to really want him

But if he is intent on playing a Robin with either Wade or James thats another matter.

Comment

Good trade on paper, but would leave the Raps with a glut of PF (Scola, Johnson, Davis and Evans) and SF (Turkoglu, Ariza, Battier).

If I were BC, I would try to do a 3-way trade with New Orleans, to wind up with Paul & Okafor. I'm not sure who exactly would go where, but between the assets Toronto would get from Houston and assets they already have to offer (players/picks/expiring contracts), I think a pretty decent package could be put together (in addition to taking Okafor's contract) to get Paul, who is rumored to have requested a trade.

Talk about 'young guns', how good would a core of Paul, Bargnani, Johnson, Ariza, DeRozan, Davis, Weems and Alabi look???

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        It should in fact make sense for Bosh on a few grounds:

a) They have very good team and coach in place
                        b) They wont gut their team in a s&t because they have as many assets as they do
                        c) Lesser tax rate in Texas = more cash
                        d) He'll be the man with Yao transitioning out and not the offensive force
                        e) They seem to really want him

But if he is intent on playing a Robin with either Wade or James thats another matter.

Then why is it that the Rockets are said to be a long shot? You can't will Bosh to want to choose the Rockets, who are an inferior choice compared to playing with the Bulls or teaming Wade and/or James. Hell, the Lakers are a far better option than the Rockets for Bosh.

Comment

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is

And since were Toronto fans its always too good to be true

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            Good trade on paper, but would leave the Raps with a glut of PF (Scola, Johnson, Davis and Evans) and SF (Turkoglu, Ariza, Battier).

If I were BC, I would try to do a 3-way trade with New Orleans, to wind up with Paul & Okafor. I'm not sure who exactly would go where, but between the assets Toronto would get from Houston and assets they already have to offer (players/picks/expiring contracts), I think a pretty decent package could be put together (in addition to taking Okafor's contract) to get Paul, who is rumored to have requested a trade.

Talk about 'young guns', how good would a core of Paul, Bargnani, Johnson, Ariza, DeRozan, Davis, Weems and Alabi look???
                            Why is everybody obsessed with us getting Paul?
                            Its not happening guys

Comment

Sounds good, although one of the assets I want most from Houston are those NY draft picks. If NY strikes out in this FA period, those are going to be some high lottery picks. We could use Scola at C as well, which makes him a much better fit than Hill.

Comment

Working...
                              X