Jersey Colours, Raptors Red and Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey Colours, Raptors Red and Black

I was just looking at our jerseys, and I was thinking maybe we should just get rid of the white ones and just use the red away jerseys and black for home. I think they just look better than the white.

you can see the three jersey colours here
    http://www.overbestmall.com/nba-jers...raptors-jersey
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Problems could arise if the visiting teams away jerseys are black ( ex. Miami, Portland ).

Comment

Yeah, they can't be the only team without white home jerseys. I think each team is allowed a max of 8 games with their alternate unis.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I think we should change the name, too. The Raptors (Jurrasic Park era) is over and done. We're going in a new direction and building an exciting team. Newer attitude, based on the Young Gunz' attention to hardwork and determination. The 'Raptors' name waspicked mainly because Jurrasic Park was the hottest movie and merchandise product during that 1995 time, and it was the public who helped in voting that name in, if you recall. Now, to me, it should go back to the Huskies. The name sounds more macho coming out the mouth. Has a better ring to it, and the apparel/jersey made more money than the regular ones last season. The colors are amazing, too. And the Huskies logo,maybe with a minor touch up of the Husky on the front, suits what Canada is known for..winter...lol.
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

I say keep the name , just disassociate with dinos / barney, birds of prey could be the focus.

Comment

i heard rumours of the rappys throwbacks coming back this year.....the stripes w/ the dino on the front
            id loooove that

Comment

doublesman wrote: View Post
              I say keep the name , just disassociate with dinos / barney, birds of prey could be the focus.
              Yeah...and play like it.

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                I think we should change the name, too. The Raptors (Jurrasic Park era) is over and done. We're going in a new direction and building an exciting team. Newer attitude, based on the Young Gunz' attention to hardwork and determination. The 'Raptors' name waspicked mainly because Jurrasic Park was the hottest movie and merchandise product during that 1995 time, and it was the public who helped in voting that name in, if you recall. Now, to me, it should go back to the Huskies. The name sounds more macho coming out the mouth. Has a better ring to it, and the apparel/jersey made more money than the regular ones last season. The colors are amazing, too. And the Huskies logo,maybe with a minor touch up of the Husky on the front, suits what Canada is known for..winter...lol.
                totally agree raptors isnt very Canadian. I was thinking beavers, but there too soft
                ya dun noe

Comment

I also like the idea of us getting the raptor jet on our logo that would be sick
                  ya dun noe

Comment

how about the toronto Multis, as in multicultural because toronto is a very multicultural society
                    ya dun noe

Comment

How about changing the name to the Toronto Punjabi Rebels
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        How about changing the name to the Toronto Punjabi Rebels
                        LMAO. That would be so jokes.

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                          Dead on with the husky name change.. It is a new era of hard nose defense players not the nice, soft guys we are used to seeing hopefully, so such name change is appropriate, add the woods without leaves, raging winds and dripping snowflakes(that signifies Canadian winters) in the background and we are good to go.

Comment

How about Toronto New York Fries? Since leaving Toronto, I can't find New York Fries anywhere (not even in New York), and they're definitely my favorite part of Toronto.

I'm joking. I'm all for Huskies, 'cause they're just super duper cute and my favorite dog (and Toronto Shiba Inus just sounds wrong).

Comment

Hello guys,
                              i think that we should change the name to Huskies too, even if there was a problem with the logo back in the 90s...it is similar to the Min.Timberwolves...
                              I think we need a fresh air of change in everything, cause in the roster the change is inevitable....
                              I like the red - white - black colours though...Red and white is canadian...

Comment

Working...
                              X