Colangelo Pursuing Lee. Toronto Isn't Very High on Lee's List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Pursuing Lee. Toronto Isn't Very High on Lee's List

Ouch ... probably for the best that Lee isn't too keen on coming here, but I still don't see how Lee can help us get better. Sure he's a great rebounder and showed last season that he can score too, but his defence is horrendous and that's the one area as a team we must improve on next season.

Raptors president Bryan Colangelo, according to a source, is hotly pursuing Knicks free agent David Lee and would love to work out a sign-and-trade with the Knicks for Bosh.

However, Lee is meeting with the Bulls in Chicago today and has Toronto not very high on his list. Colangelo might fly out to meet Lee in Chicago today also.
    Source - Click here

He's better than nothing and I think what we're seeing is Colangelo targeting players in each scenario that could play out involving Chris Bosh. If Bosh chooses the Knicks, David Lee is the highest value asset that the Raptors can receive in terms of an actual player.

Comment

The Toronto Star wrote:
      According to team sources, Toronto has the parameters of five or six sign-and-trade scenarios worked out for Bosh but is waiting to hear from him on where he’d like to play next season.
      I'm assuming this is why we're hearing all these different players being "hotly pursued" by BC - like Apollo just said.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        Ouch ... probably for the best that Lee isn't too keen on coming here, but I still don't see how Lee can help us get better. Sure he's a great rebounder and showed last season that he can score too, but his defence is horrendous and that's the one area as a team we must improve on next season.

Source - Click here
        Bad, bad deal for David Lee. with such deal for Lee playing for the Raps, we have the softest and worst defensive frontline in the history of the laegue, way to go Brian!

Comment

Im not against David Lee, I think he can help out any team a lot. His defense is suspect but then again he was surrounded by a very weak supporting cast and a not so defensive minded coach. If he ends up coming to Toronto it should be a good experiment to see if he can actually step up to the plate defensively.

Comment

Lee is the same player as Bosh, he will put out big numbers but will always be a second option on a good team.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              He's better than nothing and I think what we're seeing is Colangelo targeting players in each scenario that could play out involving Chris Bosh. If Bosh chooses the Knicks, David Lee is the highest value asset that the Raptors can receive in terms of an actual player.
              Actually, he's worse than nothing. Nothing would give more minutes for Johnson and Davis to develop. Nothing would be a lot cheaper and nothing would actually make the Raptors a better defensive team.

I'd rather have nothing.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Well, I totally disagree with you so I guess we have nothing left to say.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Actually, he's worse than nothing. Nothing would give more minutes for Johnson and Davis to develop. Nothing would be a lot cheaper and nothing would actually make the Raptors a better defensive team.

I'd rather have nothing.
                  I agree. The only positions I really want coming back are C, SF, and PG. Anything else will delay the development of our young core of guys that need all the PT they can get to improve.

Comment

Lee is only better than nothing if his deal is modest. I think he's trying to get a deal for $10+ mil a year. To that, I say no thank you, because the last thing we need is a big man who can't play D.

Every player in the league has a distinct "worth" to each team in the league. If you think of every player's worth as a fraction of the league average payroll, where each value is normalized for each team so that all teams have an equal chance at winning the championship, then Lee's worth is certainly lower than what we would have to pay him since we need defense more than anything.

And Hotshot, Lee is not the same player as Bosh. Not even close. And no, I don't care about PER, since basketball is not a game of five individual players on the court. More important is the effect a player had on the team, and Bosh had a notable positive effect (+4.0) on one of the best offenses in the league, along with a slight positive effect (+2.0) on one of the worst defenses in the league. Lee, on the other hand, had a slight positive effect on one (+1.6) of the better offenses in the league, and had a notable negative effect (-3.2) on one of the worst defenses in the league.

Comment

agree that Lee is useless for this team and the development of a young and promising core.
                      If BC signs Lee... The NBA might as well officially change the name of the team to Craptors!!

Comment

If we are going to change the name, can we just change it to Huskies? After all, the team will seriously be dogging it.

Comment

I say why not.
                          We are going to pay Amir who can do a half decent job on defense 7 million a year.

Lets give Lee a 4 year, 45 million a year, then combine these two into one player that can maybe play.

Come on BC, you master negotiator , make this happen.

Comment

photoman wrote: View Post
                            agree that Lee is useless for this team and the development of a young and promising core.
                            If BC signs Lee... The NBA might as well officially change the name of the team to Craptors!!
                            Come on now, Wait till next year when we pay Weems a 4 year $39 million contract. Then just imagine the young guns and Lee , wow, line up the rings boys, here is the Raptors coming .

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Lee is the same player as Bosh, he will put out big numbers but will always be a second option on a good team.
                              not to mention shit on defense too
                              "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                              X