Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Bucher: Miami Have Some Concerns Regarding Bosh

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Bucher: Miami Have Some Concerns Regarding Bosh

    Just read this via the RealGM.

    Courtesy of RealGM member bstein:

    Ric Bucher on ESPN News just said that he's heard from people within the Miami organization is having some "second thoughts on giving Bosh a max contract" because of his behavior since becoming a FA. He's seemed more into the media attention and "brand building" and less concerned with the basketball side of things.
    Source - Click here

  2. #2
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You don't say...

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    While it is true what Bosh is doing I think Bucher is making up the story that the only three people that really matter in the decision Arison, Riley and Wade have any concerns.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    While it is true what Bosh is doing I think Bucher is making up the story that the only three people that really matter in the decision Arison, Riley and Wade have any concerns.
    i think he is too. Ric Bucher, writing for the biggest sports news company and been in the biz for 11 years. Yup, he's inventing stories.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    While it is true what Bosh is doing I think Bucher is making up the story that the only three people that really matter in the decision Arison, Riley and Wade have any concerns.
    Maybe Bucher heard that from one of Arison, Riley or Wade

    But seriously you cant make this up. As you know, many on this board have become somewhat anti Bosh precisely for his ill advised forays of self promotion especially ill-timed during this period when he should entirely be selling (in a discreet and classy manner) only his basketball skills and resume. This I thought would be an entirely Toronto slant/blowback. To actually see it as something prospective employers have noticed as well is quite surprising...to myself at least.

    Come on Houston!!

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Maybe Bucher heard that from one of Arison, Riley or Wade

    But seriously you cant make this up. As you know, many on this board have become somewhat anti Bosh precisely for his ill advised forays of self promotion especially ill-timed during this period when he should entirely be selling (in a discreet and classy manner) only his basketball skills and resume. This I thought would be an entirely Toronto slant/blowback. To actually see it as something prospective employers have noticed as well is quite surprising...to myself at least.

    Come on Houston!!
    No you can't make this stuff up, which is why the media ALWAYS gets it right, and why Wade, Bosh and LeBron all immediately signed with Miami, Bosh and LeBron also signed with Chicago, LeBron signed with the Nets and Joe Johnson signed with Chicago.

    Seriously, there may be SOMEONE in Miami that doesn't like Bosh's behaviour, but the fact that Bosh has always been pretty focused on basketball and has always worked hard shows those concerns are unfounded. No one seemed to make a fuss about what Jordan did off the court, and he became the biggest basketball brand in the world, with shoe and clothing lines, videos, endless commercials, movies, etc.

    I have to say I don't understand people whining about what a player does off the court (as long as it's not unhealthy). If he practices two hours a day every day, which would be a very good amount, he'd still have 14 waking hours to fill. What's he supposed to do, watch game tape the rest of the time? He's not supposed to have any other hobbies?

    Bosh is a young, single guy who suddenly has more media attention than he's ever had before, and he's taking advantage of it and enjoying the experience. Since none of us have been in that position before, it's difficult to judge him and really pointless, anyway.

    Some of you guys are obsessed with making guys act the way you want them too. That says more about you then Bosh. Personally, I'm not a fan of his First Ink video (or tattoos), Twitter or half of the stuff he does outside of basketball, but I couldn't give a crap that he does it. It's his business, not mine. The only thing I care about is whether he's a good teammate and how he performs on the court. From what I see, he's doing fine in that respect. The rest is just noise. I ignore it and suggest everyone else does to if they don't like it.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie brakeman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    No you can't make this stuff up, which is why the media ALWAYS gets it right, and why Wade, Bosh and LeBron all immediately signed with Miami, Bosh and LeBron also signed with Chicago, LeBron signed with the Nets and Joe Johnson signed with Chicago.

    Seriously, there may be SOMEONE in Miami that doesn't like Bosh's behaviour, but the fact that Bosh has always been pretty focused on basketball and has always worked hard shows those concerns are unfounded. No one seemed to make a fuss about what Jordan did off the court, and he became the biggest basketball brand in the world, with shoe and clothing lines, videos, endless commercials, movies, etc.

    I have to say I don't understand people whining about what a player does off the court (as long as it's not unhealthy). If he practices two hours a day every day, which would be a very good amount, he'd still have 14 waking hours to fill. What's he supposed to do, watch game tape the rest of the time? He's not supposed to have any other hobbies?

    Bosh is a young, single guy who suddenly has more media attention than he's ever had before, and he's taking advantage of it and enjoying the experience. Since none of us have been in that position before, it's difficult to judge him and really pointless, anyway.

    Some of you guys are obsessed with making guys act the way you want them too. That says more about you then Bosh. Personally, I'm not a fan of his First Ink video (or tattoos), Twitter or half of the stuff he does outside of basketball, but I couldn't give a crap that he does it. It's his business, not mine. The only thing I care about is whether he's a good teammate and how he performs on the court. From what I see, he's doing fine in that respect. The rest is just noise. I ignore it and suggest everyone else does to if they don't like it.
    well said. He might never have this opertunity again. I just hope he dosn't ruin the reputation he has worked hard to build if any of this stuff is even true.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    No you can't make this stuff up, which is why the media ALWAYS gets it right, and why Wade, Bosh and LeBron all immediately signed with Miami, Bosh and LeBron also signed with Chicago, LeBron signed with the Nets and Joe Johnson signed with Chicago.

    Seriously, there may be SOMEONE in Miami that doesn't like Bosh's behaviour, but the fact that Bosh has always been pretty focused on basketball and has always worked hard shows those concerns are unfounded. No one seemed to make a fuss about what Jordan did off the court, and he became the biggest basketball brand in the world, with shoe and clothing lines, videos, endless commercials, movies, etc.

    I have to say I don't understand people whining about what a player does off the court (as long as it's not unhealthy). If he practices two hours a day every day, which would be a very good amount, he'd still have 14 waking hours to fill. What's he supposed to do, watch game tape the rest of the time? He's not supposed to have any other hobbies?

    Bosh is a young, single guy who suddenly has more media attention than he's ever had before, and he's taking advantage of it and enjoying the experience. Since none of us have been in that position before, it's difficult to judge him and really pointless, anyway.

    Some of you guys are obsessed with making guys act the way you want them too. That says more about you then Bosh. Personally, I'm not a fan of his First Ink video (or tattoos), Twitter or half of the stuff he does outside of basketball, but I couldn't give a crap that he does it. It's his business, not mine. The only thing I care about is whether he's a good teammate and how he performs on the court. From what I see, he's doing fine in that respect. The rest is just noise. I ignore it and suggest everyone else does to if they don't like it.
    Well, it seems sometimes you can make stuff up and sometimes you dont.

    Your point on general sports msm sourceless comments is well taken and understood. But I was expressing an opinion with some humour I thought about what has now been confirmed as CB trying to film some kind of reality show. And that some of his interlocutors/presenters may have been none too thrilled about a little thing called "privacy" in a mundane matter of spending a hundred and twenty million smackeroos on Mr. Bosh over the next 6 years. How do you think you would feel, say if you were in a Prokhorov/Thorn/Dolan/Riley position? I think it is outrageous and wonder if he might have cleared the taping prior to. Regardless though, dont you believe it takes away from absolute candor?

    Have you wondered why a Stoudemire or a Johnson or Wade and even James havent been quite like Mr Bosh during this process? And I dont think its because they cannot use twitter.

    I happen to believe that even in the pro sports milieu, star players especially should be cognizant about the feelings of those who care deeply (rightly or wrongly) about the team which the star is about to extricate himself from. Keeping a low profile and speaking at a minimum during the process is the best. I offer ex Blue Jay Roy Halladay as an example of maturity during a similar process (probably more challenging).

    I missed the relevance of the Jordan anecdote. What does his gambling habits or wife troubles have to do with Bosh's juvenile tweets and wanting to be "da man" imperatives which dont seem quite so important afterall. Heard anyone else in f/a class of 2010 say they wanted to be the man? My negativity is not basketball related though I am lending more weight to the notion about where his head really was during the last year...on the team or July 2010 (he has already noted in an interview that this date is a culmination of a 4 year wait). I was never a proponent of the notion he was a stats padder but I am starting to wonder.
    Last edited by Bendit; Fri Jul 2nd, 2010 at 03:58 PM.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Have you wondered why a Stoudemire or a Johnson or Wade and even James havent been quite like Mr Bosh during this process? And I dont think its because they cannot use twitter.
    Same reason Stoudemire, Johnson, Wade and James didn't try their hand at acting during the season? Seems to me most TO fans (except those thinking he should have taken that time to improve himself on the court) were supportive of his efforts. He even went to court on behalf of celebrities who have had their domain names squatted upon, and tried promoting his web development venture via that. It should have been no surprise that he would continue in similar suit during the off-season.

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I was never a proponent of the notion he was a stats padder but I am starting to wonder.
    One has nothing to do with the other. Besides which, if it was his desire to be seen as great that propelled him into drawing fouls at one of the highest rates in the league, or corralling rebounds at one of the highest rates in the league, then great, because it wasn't like anyone else on the team was really doing it.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Well, it seems sometimes you can make stuff up and sometimes you dont.

    Your point on general sports msm sourceless comments is well taken and understood. But I was expressing an opinion with some humour I thought about what has now been confirmed as CB trying to film some kind of reality show. And that some of his interlocutors/presenters may have been none too thrilled about a little thing called "privacy" in a mundane matter of spending a hundred and twenty million smackeroos on Mr. Bosh over the next 6 years. How do you think you would feel, say if you were in a Prokhorov/Thorn/Dolan/Riley position? I think it is outrageous and wonder if he might have cleared the taping prior to. Regardless though, dont you believe it takes away from absolute candor?

    Have you wondered why a Stoudemire or a Johnson or Wade and even James havent been quite like Mr Bosh during this process? And I dont think its because they cannot use twitter.

    I happen to believe that even in the pro sports milieu, star players especially should be cognizant about the feelings of those who care deeply (rightly or wrongly) about the team which the star is about to extricate himself from. Keeping a low profile and speaking at a minimum during the process is the best. I offer ex Blue Jay Roy Halladay as an example of maturity during a similar process (probably more challenging).

    I missed the relevance of the Jordan anecdote. What does his gambling habits or wife troubles have to do with Bosh's juvenile tweets and wanting to be "da man" imperatives which dont seem quite so important afterall. Heard anyone else in f/a class of 2010 say they wanted to be the man? My negativity is not basketball related though I am lending more weight to the notion about where his head really was during the last year...on the team or July 2010 (he has already noted in an interview that this date is a culmination of a 4 year wait). I was never a proponent of the notion he was a stats padder but I am starting to wonder.
    I'm not saying I agree with, like, or would do anything that he is doing, but the point is that I don't really care. That's his personality, not mine. Every person has a different personality and you can't expect everyone to act the same in similar circumstances. Personally, I can't stand Twitter and think tattoos, all tattoos, look like crap. But none of that matters. I thought Michael Jordan was a complete asshole who was in a position to make the world a better place with his popularity, but instead just cared about the bottom line. Again, none of that matters. I've never cared much about what players do off the court. That's never interested me in the least. Professional athletes are not the least bit interesting to me when they are not playing their sport.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Just read this via the RealGM.

    Courtesy of RealGM member bstein:



    Source - Click here
    Good news for me today, I have always felt that Wade being a class act needs a class act in Stoudemire(who was quiet during the free agent frenzy) not Bosh that became disloyal all of a sudden.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If it's true it does not surprise me in the least. Wade has been the classiest so far, and Stoudamire, Dirk and even Pierce have shown way more class. As I've always thought even before Bosh's stupidity and wanting to be the man talks he is an attention loving stat padder. If I were Riley I would worry about Bosh and his desire to be the man on a team that has Wade. Fortunately for Bosh Wade and even Kobe have enough class to let someone like Boh be the man during the game while it's close and then take over when they need to so Bosh can pad his ego. This is why a Bosh Lebron twosome will never work because they both think they're the second coming of Jesus.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sh*t, now I'm actually afraid he resigns with us. Eventhough he would probably be our best player, nothing positive will come out of him resigning with us and looked upon as a leader, he has been exposed as a selfish self-promoting attention hog ( see Appolo's pic ).

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post

    I think the one on the right needs some dental work
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  16. #16
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here's what Bucher actually had to say:

    Ric Bucher said Friday that teams are somewhat leery of Chris Bosh's camera-crew entourage.
    Bucher said Bosh is filming a documentary and there are reports of boom mikes and cameras in the war rooms he's meeting in. Probably not a deal breaker, but teams may start questioning if he cares more about being famous/money or winning basketball games. Additionally, the longer Dwyane Wade travels the country flirting with other teams, the harder it's going to be for the Heat to finalize their plans. Oh, and it just so happens that Bosh and Wade had dinner together last night, taking a picture with an empty chair and saying "someone is missing."

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amar'e signs with Knicks that leaves the Heat without Bosh and Boozer and it isn't too difficult to figure out which one they prefer and it ain't Boozer despite what that ESPN guy says.

    Knicks near deal with Stoudemire

    By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 46 minutes ago

    Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) and the New York Knicks are making progress in talks on a five-year, $100 million max contract and a deal could be completed as soon as Friday, league sources told Y! Sports.

    The framework of the deal, which would give Stoudemire a $17.2 million starting salary next season, is in place and the two sides are expected to talk again soon, sources said. Stoudemire is expected to travel to New York on Saturday.

    The Knicks and Stoudemire aren’t each other’s first choices, but Stoudemire wanted a fifth year guaranteed and the Knicks needed to have something to show for years of losing and working to clear cap space.

    As Yahoo! Sports first reported, Stoudemire’s departure from the Suns was all but clinched after the Phoenix Suns reached agreement with forward Hakim Warrick(notes) on a four-year, $18 million contract , league sources said.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...reknicks070210
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Rookie Priest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Im sure some people in Miami might have been thrown off by the cameras and questioned Bosh's commitment to Basketball, but they wont let him get away. Wade wants a free agent and Bosh is his choice, Miami already tried to get an early commitment from him when they met so this could just be a strategy they are playing to other teams who knows. I really wish Bosh ends up signing with a team other than Miami though just because I hate that team.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Miami Heat are looking at this chart to gauage Bosh attention whoredom, they are concerned because he reached level orange:



    One more level and its RuPaul time.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Looks like Boozer might be headed for Chicago?

    Several rumors on the Net. Nothing concrete enough to post at this point.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •