Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Jersey Colours, Raptors Red and Black

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Jersey Colours, Raptors Red and Black

    I was just looking at our jerseys, and I was thinking maybe we should just get rid of the white ones and just use the red away jerseys and black for home. I think they just look better than the white.

    you can see the three jersey colours here
    http://www.overbestmall.com/nba-jers...raptors-jersey
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Problems could arise if the visiting teams away jerseys are black ( ex. Miami, Portland ).

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah, they can't be the only team without white home jerseys. I think each team is allowed a max of 8 games with their alternate unis.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    Posts
    353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think we should change the name, too. The Raptors (Jurrasic Park era) is over and done. We're going in a new direction and building an exciting team. Newer attitude, based on the Young Gunz' attention to hardwork and determination. The 'Raptors' name waspicked mainly because Jurrasic Park was the hottest movie and merchandise product during that 1995 time, and it was the public who helped in voting that name in, if you recall. Now, to me, it should go back to the Huskies. The name sounds more macho coming out the mouth. Has a better ring to it, and the apparel/jersey made more money than the regular ones last season. The colors are amazing, too. And the Huskies logo,maybe with a minor touch up of the Husky on the front, suits what Canada is known for..winter...lol.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.


    "My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I say keep the name , just disassociate with dinos / barney, birds of prey could be the focus.


  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie chiddyy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i heard rumours of the rappys throwbacks coming back this year.....the stripes w/ the dino on the front
    id loooove that

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote doublesman wrote: View Post
    I say keep the name , just disassociate with dinos / barney, birds of prey could be the focus.
    Yeah...and play like it.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Guelph,ON
    Posts
    463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    I think we should change the name, too. The Raptors (Jurrasic Park era) is over and done. We're going in a new direction and building an exciting team. Newer attitude, based on the Young Gunz' attention to hardwork and determination. The 'Raptors' name waspicked mainly because Jurrasic Park was the hottest movie and merchandise product during that 1995 time, and it was the public who helped in voting that name in, if you recall. Now, to me, it should go back to the Huskies. The name sounds more macho coming out the mouth. Has a better ring to it, and the apparel/jersey made more money than the regular ones last season. The colors are amazing, too. And the Huskies logo,maybe with a minor touch up of the Husky on the front, suits what Canada is known for..winter...lol.
    totally agree raptors isnt very Canadian. I was thinking beavers, but there too soft

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Guelph,ON
    Posts
    463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I also like the idea of us getting the raptor jet on our logo that would be sick

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Guelph,ON
    Posts
    463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    how about the toronto Multis, as in multicultural because toronto is a very multicultural society

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How about changing the name to the Toronto Punjabi Rebels
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    T.O
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    How about changing the name to the Toronto Punjabi Rebels
    LMAO. That would be so jokes.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    I think we should change the name, too. The Raptors (Jurrasic Park era) is over and done. We're going in a new direction and building an exciting team. Newer attitude, based on the Young Gunz' attention to hardwork and determination. The 'Raptors' name waspicked mainly because Jurrasic Park was the hottest movie and merchandise product during that 1995 time, and it was the public who helped in voting that name in, if you recall. Now, to me, it should go back to the Huskies. The name sounds more macho coming out the mouth. Has a better ring to it, and the apparel/jersey made more money than the regular ones last season. The colors are amazing, too. And the Huskies logo,maybe with a minor touch up of the Husky on the front, suits what Canada is known for..winter...lol.
    Dead on with the husky name change.. It is a new era of hard nose defense players not the nice, soft guys we are used to seeing hopefully, so such name change is appropriate, add the woods without leaves, raging winds and dripping snowflakes(that signifies Canadian winters) in the background and we are good to go.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How about Toronto New York Fries? Since leaving Toronto, I can't find New York Fries anywhere (not even in New York), and they're definitely my favorite part of Toronto.

    I'm joking. I'm all for Huskies, 'cause they're just super duper cute and my favorite dog (and Toronto Shiba Inus just sounds wrong).

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Rookie kcharito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hello guys,
    i think that we should change the name to Huskies too, even if there was a problem with the logo back in the 90s...it is similar to the Min.Timberwolves...
    I think we need a fresh air of change in everything, cause in the roster the change is inevitable....
    I like the red - white - black colours though...Red and white is canadian...

  16. #16
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote chiddyy33 wrote: View Post
    i heard rumours of the rappys throwbacks coming back this year.....the stripes w/ the dino on the front
    id loooove that
    those were kind of cool.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  18. #18
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote chiddyy33 wrote: View Post
    i heard rumours of the rappys throwbacks coming back this year.....the stripes w/ the dino on the front
    id loooove that
    YUP! it's true brother! my homeboy who works in MLSE (marketing) confirmed it to me a couple of months back. It'll be the same deal like the Huskies jerseys were this year-they will be worn about a half dozen times this season.




    Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Sat Jul 3rd, 2010 at 11:12 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •