Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Bosh Doing a Documentary About Being a FA

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Bosh Doing a Documentary About Being a FA

    According to Mike Prada....

    I don't know which is more ridiculous: the fact that Chris Bosh is doing a documentary on being a FA, or teams not signing him because of it

    Via: Twitter

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wounder if Bosh's documentary will show him make an omlette at home, conventional meaning of the word omlette on the day that he agrees to his new contract
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Realist Realm
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This guy is a such a nerd. RuPaul, the softest PF in the game.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    via twitter

    chrisbosh

    I don't film my meetings. I am a professional. Having control of your own media is a distraction, but when other networks do it, it's not?

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just because he says he isn't filming his meetings doesn't mean he doesn't have a crew follow him.

    If I were him I wouldn't want them filming the presentations either...especially if the teams lowball.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Realist wrote: View Post
    This guy is a such a nerd. RuPaul, the softest PF in the game.
    Come to think of it his personality would make him a nice fit for the Lakers
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Give it time and Bosh will show even his fiercest and most loyal followers that he is indeed a loser, and he is the reason the Raptors have never won anything. He is too busy looking in the mirror to actually lead a team anywhere.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When you surround yourself with douchebags (Hadi) you eventually become one.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Maybe he will scare off some of his potential suitors. Even with all this hate for bosh, if he decided that he wanted to stay those of you who actually care about fielding the best team possible would be more than happy to welcome him back. Bargs could be good but bosh is good and with the right pieces could be on a championship team. I dont see to many teams trying to pry bargs away as their final piece to the puzzle.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Um Chris, the difference between ESPN wanting to film you going in and out of FA meetings and you doing it yourself is that they, with some vague view to their viewers, get to decide what's worth filming and what isn't. Ask yourself this: if Darko was doing this how ridiculous would it look? You're a much better player than him but the egotism has to put off a few teams, especially those hoping you'll sacrifice your personal interests for the team, you know for that winning and whatnot you claim is all that motivates you.

    I'll still clap when he's back at the ACC but man, he's starting to make it hard (assuming this and Bucher bit are true - gotta ask when RealGM is the link)

  11. #11
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sam wrote: View Post
    I'll still clap when he's back at the ACC but man, he's starting to make it hard (assuming this and Bucher bit are true - gotta ask when RealGM is the link)
    Sam, here what Bucher actually said:

    Ric Bucher said Friday that teams are somewhat leery of Chris Bosh's camera-crew entourage.

    Bucher said Bosh is filming a documentary and there are reports of boom mikes and cameras in the war rooms he's meeting in. Probably not a deal breaker, but teams may start questioning if he cares more about being famous/money or winning basketball games. Additionally, the longer Dwyane Wade travels the country flirting with other teams, the harder it's going to be for the Heat to finalize their plans. Oh, and it just so happens that Bosh and Wade had dinner together last night, taking a picture with an empty chair and saying "someone is missing."

  12. #12
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The shocking thing in all of this is that when he entered the league he seemed like the most quiet, humble guy you'd ever meet and since he signed his last extension he's morphed into an attention starving prima donna.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The shocking thing in all of this is that when he entered the league he seemed like the most quiet, humble guy you'd ever meet and since he signed his last extension he's morphed into an attention starving prima donna.
    Its the case of the ugly girl all of the sudden feeling popular and thus a monster is born.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Meh, I think he should have done a book instead, it's very unlikely a documentary about this event will ever be broadcast on TV which limits the chances of it ever making him any money. A book detailing the events of the free agency and his personal views on the matter would be easier to sell and would have a huge potential for profit, not to mention it wouldn't require being followed around by a production crew, all he'd need is a tape recorder, an editor and maybe a ghost writer, depending on how well he writes.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Rookie brakeman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Youre all haters because he is leaving. You know what the fox said when he couldn't get the grapes? There probably sour anyways. Chris does this stuff because suckers like you don't have anything better to do than write and blog about his every move. It's Canada day go out and enjoy the weather and stop with the negativity all the time its getting old.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not hating on Bosh but I'm loving the fact that the "Dream Trio" concept is melting even before it solidifies. Can you imagine Miami saying, "Well Mr. Bosh, you're the top power forward in this free agent pool but we can't give you a max contract because we have to have some left over for Mr. James." This must really hurt his massive ego - to think that he's so low in the pecking order of the supposedly 3 top FAs. Kudos to Joe Johnson, Amar'e and Carlos for not participating in this circus. Talk about the pendulum swinging the other way and hitting him on the face. Note to self Chris: You have every right to exercise to test free agency, you have the right to negotiate your contract, you have the right to seek the right team for you, and most importantly, you have the right to play and contribute to the success of any team. What you don't have the right to is to whore yourself to the media and then get away unscathed and scott free. Not to worry, the fans will not boo you for leaving - they'll be too sorry for you because you didn't get to play with your sidekicks and didn't get your max contract. That in itself is punishment enough.

  17. #17
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Its the case of the ugly girl all of the sudden feeling popular and thus a monster is born.
    Yeah, well, it's getting really hard to watch now. He's doing a very large disservice to the name and reputation he has been building. He may not realize it now because he's caught up in the excitement but he'll get it when he grows up.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't like the idea of a documentary, but I'll play devil's advocate.

    but teams may start questioning if he cares more about being famous/money or winning basketball games.
    I take it these same teams have no problem with Lebron stating that his goal is to become a "Global Icon". They must figure he's worth it and will gladly put up with it.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote brakeman1 wrote: View Post
    Youre all haters because he is leaving. You know what the fox said when he couldn't get the grapes? There probably sour anyways. Chris does this stuff because suckers like you don't have anything better to do than write and blog about his every move. It's Canada day go out and enjoy the weather and stop with the negativity all the time its getting old.
    It was Canada Day yesterday. Look it up.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's a savvy move. One of the most watched specials on RaptorsTV is the "Behind the Draft" documentary every year where they show about 50% of the discussion in the Raptors war room on draft night.

    Hadi, Chris and his crew know this and will probably play this out as a new DVD or download. If it was legit and not overproduced, a lot of ball fans would buy it. It would offer a unique look into the mind of a top 3 FA and the thought process behind making a life-changing decision.

    I have zero interest in a documentary about a tattoo (which many people bought), but I would gladly purchase this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •