X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks Like Amar'e To Knicks Is Going To Happen

Knicks near deal with Stoudemire

By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 28 minutes ago

Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) and the New York Knicks are making progress in talks on a five-year, $100 million max contract and a deal could be completed as soon as Friday, league sources told Y! Sports.

The framework of the deal, which would give Stoudemire a $17.2 million starting salary next season, is in place and the two sides are expected to talk again soon, sources said.

As Yahoo! Sports first reported, Stoudemire’s departure from the Suns was all but clinched after the Phoenix Suns reached agreement with forward Hakim Warrick(notes) on a four-year, $18 million contract , league sources said.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...reknicks070210
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

1 less team for Bosh to flirt with.

Comment

The would be one out of two in my Knicks prediction. It doesn't sound good right now for them to land Joe Johnson though.

Comment

lebron and amare would be a deadly combo.. bosh will sign with miami for the same price and we wont get a sign and trade done

Comment

FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
          lebron and amare would be a deadly combo.. bosh will sign with miami for the same price and we wont get a sign and trade done
          ya i kinda think we will

Comment

why the hell would you leave the Suns after just going to the Western Conference Finals - for an organization that's been stuck at the bottom of the East, and clearly isn't an up-and-coming team (like OKC, Memphis, etc.)

Even when Nash retires, the Suns have proven themselves to be an organization that's committed to winning.

I don't get some of these guys lol
            "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
            ------------------------------------------
            "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Comment

FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
              Before we completely write off the S&T idea let us consider why Amare and the Suns didn't end up going that route. The Suns didn't want to do a S&T. Instead they elected to relinquish Amare's rights as soon as they decided a new contract could not be reached and then pounced on Hakim Warrick. They could not sign Warrick until after Amare's fate with the team had been decided.

Comment

Yeah the Suns did offer him a deal but he turned it down. And it was less than the Knicks offer.
                And Sarver is one of the worst owners in the NBA.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Before we completely write off the S&T idea let us consider why Amare and the Suns didn't end up going that route. The Suns didn't want to do a S&T. Instead they elected to relinquish Amare's rights as soon as they decided a new contract could not be reached and then pounced on Hakim Warrick. They could not sign Warrick until after Amare's fate with the team had been decided.
                  Astute observation there, Apollo, but wouldn't it have worked like below?

- Suns are over the cap with Amare's cap hold still on the books. They go out and sign Warrick for $4 mil, which they can do as a portion of the MLE.

- If Amare is traded for equivalent salaries, they remain over the cap and Warrick remains a MLE signing.

- If Amare is traded for a big fat TPE, they remain over the cap (since TPEs are counted for purposes of determining your cap status) and Warrick remains a MLE signing.

- If Amare walks or the Suns renounce the TPE (for whatever reason), they are suddenly below the cap and no longer have the MLE available, and Warrick just becomes a normal signing.

Is there a rule that teams may not sign players to the MLE until after all FA-related cap holds are resolved? I only know that a team doesn't have to wait as far as TPE and other exceptions go.

---

And bhattmagandhi, the Suns effectively lowballed Amare so that was a pretty decent reason to sign elsewhere. That and the Suns probably peaked already and with an aging Nash, the team isn't likely to keep rising. Of course, every time we say Nash is aging, he just gets even better the next season. :-p

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                    Yeah the Suns did offer him a deal but he turned it down. And it was less than the Knicks offer.
                    And Sarver is one of the worst owners in the NBA.
                    Can you imagine if someone like Paul Allen owned Phoenix? The Suns effectively traded away potentially Deng and Rondo for salary relief, IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                    X