Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Summer League Thread (Raptors Get Great Reviews, See Pg. 8)

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LVSL started about 15 minutes ago. Game #1 Dallas vs Denver.

What is so much better about the games in Las Vegas other than the fact that their are people in the stands are the announcers.

Game #1 Joel Meyers - Lakers regular season TV play by play and Kevin McHale on the commentary. Usually Meyers does two games a day. Hopefully he will do the Raptors games.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Dallas has this guy Moussa Seck on their roster He is 7'4" He is playing now.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

3 more hours till the first game!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote snkrfrkr wrote: View Post
    I'm sure i read somewhere that JJ was coming down to vegas to and show support.
    JJ - the "young at heart" gunz.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw Summer League highlights, Paul George looked good, Favors looked physically capable, Hayward looked shot-shy, and Turner looked bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Just saw Summer League highlights, Paul George looked good, Favors looked physically capable, Hayward looked shot-shy, and Turner looked bad.
    Geez we actually agree on something. Stop the presses

Few related adds: George has shown a good all around game on offense and Turner has definitely struggled. On the other hand his teammate Jrue has looked great!!

Post Thanks / Like

Barry is loving DD right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack is hanging out is Vegas to watch. I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ed Davis 15-8 in his first game since Feb.

LOOKING GOOD PEOPLE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default @ #6, Ed Davis

Ed Davis' debut with the Raptors was a good one. Davis had 15 points and eight rebounds and looked comfortable playing alongside returning Raptors DeMar DeRozan and Sonny Weems. He's not going to be Chris Bosh, but, with time, he'll be just fine.
    -- July 10, 5:23 p.m. PT
    Source: "Rookie Ladder", NBA.com

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors run away from Suns in Summer League action

Posted Saturday July 10, 2010 6:48PM

LAS VEGAS - -- The Toronto Raptors (1-0) cruised to an easy 103-69 victory over the Phoenix Suns (0-2) in their first game at the NBA Summer League Saturday afternoon from UNLV's Cox Pavilion in Las Vegas. After a brief 2-2 stalemate at the start of the contest, Toronto never trailed nor looked back building a double-digit cushion just three minutes into the game before heading into the half ahead by 20 and eventually winning by 34.

Toronto's victory was greatly aided by its offense shooting 51.5 percent (17-for-33) in the first half. Phoenix fell behind primarily due its paltry effort on the offensive end. The Suns shot 23.7 percent (9-for-38) in the first 20 minutes. They at least improved upon the 11.1 percent average they were shooting in the final minutes of the first quarter.

For the game, the Raptors shot 56.1 percent (37-for-66) to the Suns' 32.4 percent (24-for-74).

Toronto had a six-pack of players hit the double-digit point plateau with Sonny Weems leading the charge with his 19 tallies. DeMar DeRozan and Ed Davis followed closely behind with 16 and 15 points, respectively. Bobby Brown and Ronald Dupree each had 11, while Michael Roll added 10 points, while only playing in the fourth frame.

"We're a young team and have a good coaching staff," noted Ed Davis, the Raptors first round draft pick (13 overall) in the 2010 NBA Draft. "We just want to play and show out potential."

Phoenix was paced by 18 points from Gani Lawal, who hit 14 points in last night's loss to the Houston Rockets. Earl Clark, who had 14 on Friday, one-upped himself with 15 today. Shaun Pruitt rounded out the trio of double-digit scorers for the Suns with 10 points.

Unfortunately, both teams owned the distinction of making more free throws than field goals for a good amount of the game. Toronto's made field goals surpassed its successful free throws late in the first half, while Phoenix had to wait until the middle of the fourth for the flip to occur.

Phoenix is back in action on Monday evening (July 12) at 5:30 pm when they face the NBA D-League Select in the Thomas & Mack Center. Toronto has a two-day break before returning on Tuesday (July 13) with a 3:30 pm affair with the Houston Rockets in the TMC.
    Source: NBA.com

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan is off to a great start. Showing an improved jumper and some good defensive recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Weems and DD, back to back alley oops - taking turns. Awesome. They're tearing it up.

Weems looks like he's bringing the ball up the court regularly too.

One bad pullup 3 without a pass though.
    Last edited by Mess; Tue Jul 13th, 2010 at 07:05 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

what the hell y did it freeze

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dorsey looks like he's carving out a spot for himself out there alright. The question is: whose minutes will he be taking? Alabi? Davis? Amir? Other?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JYFelony wrote: View Post
    Dorsey looks like he's carving out a spot for himself out there alright. The question is: whose minutes will he be taking? Alabi? Davis? Amir? Other?
    He's been dominant in every sub-NBA format - college, d-league, summer league, and yet can't even stick as a depth role-player in the NBA. But I'm rooting for him to succeed. I think he could be a younger, cheaper, less-injured Reggie Evans for us: undersized but physical guy who comes in and bangs hard for 5-8 minutes a game, and who's only role on offense is to crash boards and pass it back out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information