Davis and Alabi Visit ACC on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis and Alabi Visit ACC on Monday

The Raptors kick off a big week starting on Monday, when rookies Ed Davis and Solomon Alabi are introduced at a news conference on Monday at noon. Raptors NBA TV and Raptors.com will have live coverage of the event from Air Canada Centre followed by Davis taking your questions in a live chat from the Real Sports Bar & Grill.
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/2010_draft.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I guess Davis finally got his passport? =)

To be fair, a lot of people here don't have passports. I don't even have an unexpired one, heh heh.

Comment

He announced on his twitter he thinks hes going to stick to 32.. i wonder what number Alabi is going to wear

Comment

I'm excited to see the guy play some games! Its great to see Colangelo adding guys who work hard and value defense and rebounding.

Comment

i hope davis can be more then a rotation player but wont be dissapointed if hes not
          ya dun noe

Comment

Post pictures or it didn't happen.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Post pictures or it didn't happen.
              what? it hasn't happened yet. it happenS on Monday. Stress on the "S" at the end.

Comment

da_goose09 wrote: View Post
                what? it hasn't happened yet. it happenS on Monday. Stress on the "S" at the end.
                I think he was joking. Like "tweet it or it didn't happen."

Comment

Big Ed is arriving in Toronto on Sunday for those that might want to meet him at the airport and get a TMZ video and interview or just some photos and an autograph

# eddavis32

@DeMar_DeRozan I get in Sunday about 8 hours ago via Echofon in reply to DeMar_DeRozan

# DeMar DeRozan DeMar_DeRozan

@eddavis32 what time you get to Toronto Monday? about 8 hours ago via Echofon in reply to eddavis32
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I really like the size of alabi and think the bargnani/alabi combination could work well here in toronto both of them being 7 footers and all. I watched davis play some and didn't see anything that really stood out to me other then him looking like he has the ability to put on some size.

I hope alabi can get some big man training and put his back to the basket.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      I really like the size of alabi and think the bargnani/alabi combination could work well here in toronto both of them being 7 footers and all. I watched davis play some and didn't see anything that really stood out to me other then him looking like he has the ability to put on some size.

I hope alabi can get some big man training and put his back to the basket.
                      I think Alabi if he can stay healthy can become a better all around player than Davis. Besides the Hepatitis B problem Alabi has already had two leg/knee surgeries. I would not like to see him put on too much weight as I think it could cause him more leg/knee problems. You don't have to be heavy to be an effective defender in the paint. Look at Marcus Camby.

Comment

I think adding strength to his body would help with the health concerns. Even tho marcus was a good player when he was here, I don't think thats the type of player we need in that position. With centers like howard playing in the east we need someone who can play him straight up the way perkins did in the boston/orlando series. I don't really see a reason why, with work alabi can not fill that need.
                        Last edited by grindhouse; Sat Jul 3, 2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X