How to fix our 3pt woes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix our 3pt woes?

We finished dead last in pre season 3pt percentage. I consider that odd since jose, bargs, and hedo are good to very good 3pt shooters. Jack and Belli off the bench can also hit it (supposedly?)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was the friday game in dakota the first time we actually tried to bomb from downtown? 2/20 or something like that? That is unacceptable.

Me, I think it is a personnel thing...we lack penatrating guards, a back to the basket big man (for easy kick outs) and a corner shooter. Someone on realgm pointed out that we are missing AP's corner 3pt prowess. It is one of the most efficent shots in basketball and really helps with spacing. Our spacing has been terrible with all of our players perimeter orientated, and perfering the top 3pt shot at that.

I just don't think any system can be designed with the kind of players we have to get the desired open 3pt looks.

It's simple, Belinelli's not carrying his weight and DeRozan is not a three-point threat. Not sure what we were expecting, we basically put all our chips on Belinelli to fill that void and so far he's not doing much of anything.

I don't even think it's an issue of spacing, post-up or anything too technical, we just don't have good three-point shooters. I'd say Calderon is our best outside shooter and he was the third best on the team last year, that right there says all you need to know.

It's also one of the reasons I wasn't opposed to the Matt Carroll deal even though he had a longer deal.

Comment

Eh, 3 Pt % FT %, everything is wrong. This seems like a more unfocused team then last year. Guys what have we accomplished so far? Bosh has his ups and downs, not good we need him to stay at a positive line. Bargs seems like he's afraid of crashing boards. Jose's clapping speed has improved 2.5%. Hedo is injured FFS. DD.. he seems sort of scared. I won't go far into the bench,

Likes - Reggie, Amir, Jack

So-So - Beli, Banks, Rasho

Dislikes - Douby, POB

I dunno bout Wright

Not much else to it.
      Onions baby, onions.

Comment

The solution to our 3-point woes?

Shoot more 3 pointers. This was a combination of small sample size and sloppy pre-season shooting.

Get Douby and Banks off the floor too. That will help.

Calderon, Bargs, Turkoglu and Belinelli will all do fine.

Comment

Design specific plays that will open up our 3 point shooters to have a greater success.

Better ball movement will create better opportunities for our 3 point shooters to get better position and better shats .

Also discourage players who have no business taking 3 point shots (Bosh, Jack, Wright) from taking those shots. Also until DDR is comfortable with his 2 point shooting range, he shouldn't attempt to take these shots either.

What has happened to Calderon's shot? damn he needs to get back on that horse.

Comment

This is how I see it....Triano have a defensive coaching style, which means that his offensive plays consists of mostly cuts, slashes, running plays and midrange shots. 3 pointers are usually only a last course of action or if the player is totally open. The game against Cleveland shows this. I didn't see any particular plays involving 3 point plays and picks leading to a 3 pointer (9 for Cleveland vs. 5 for Toronto). I'm not surprised if the Raptors have reduced their 3 pointers. What matters is the number on the "W" column

Comment

Working...
            X