This is Colangelo's Problem to Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Colangelo's Problem to Fix

As Doug mentions in his blog this morning, this is on BC to fix. Time for him to step up and earn those millions he makes. Hurting ones feelings has to be thrown to the wayside now. Clearly the tip-toeing approach around one another hasn't worked for this team, so its time for someone to intervene and start being more vocal and making ultimatums.

I don’t know what, precisely, that Bryan can do because I don’t think he can go in the locker room and start ripping guys w foithout it being seen as a blatant undermining of his coach.

But this has to be primarily on him, he put this group together and he’s got to get it fixed. Maybe a few threats here and there, judiciously made either in cahoots with his coach or to people close to under-achieving players is in order.

But to think he can magically place a call or two and make some significant trade now is folly. It doesn’t happen that way.

Other GMs aren’t lining up to obtain players from a 7-13 team, certainly not for anything close to equal value, and as perhaps we remember from 2004, a panic trade is a stupid trade.

Maybe the best thing is for Jay to do something to change the lineup and for Colangelo to stand by him and let the players know in no uncertain terms that he’s with his coach and if feelings are hurt and playing time cut, well, tough noogies.
    Source - Click here

If its Colangelo's problem to fix then he needs to line up an experienced, established, tough coach and axe Jay. Boy, Sam must be loving this. This team never gave up on him to this degree ever. They fired him after a .500 record. Sam would not let these guys get away with the marshmallow soft defense and rebounding. No way he would allow teams to embarrass a team of this talent level nightly. Jeff Van Gundy needs to be called.

Comment

I thought BC had a great summer re-tooling the team. I think everyone thought so too.

It's too bad Reggie Evans got hurt because I think his loss has a lot to do with our lack of defence and on-court toughness, since he was specifically brought in to help change the defensive culture of this team.
      RR OG

Comment

there is no effort being put forth with this group as a whole. individuals talk about being better, working harder, etc. but as a team, they stink!

the worst part of all this is that there is no pride!

not only did the raps get embarassed last night but toronto as a city was humiliated.

sucks, especially since there are thousands of die hard raps fans out here...
        through thick and thin, I'll stick with the raps but the past few games have been soo hard to watch.

you'd think after the dunk on bosh, they would be fired up... they couldnt even pull off a win against the wiz and just got demolished against ATL.

Comment

sky wrote: View Post
          there is no effort being put forth with this group as a whole. individuals talk about being better, working harder, etc. but as a team, they stink!

the worst part of all this is that there is no pride!

not only did the raps get embarassed last night but toronto as a city was humiliated.

sucks, especially since there are thousands of die hard raps fans out here...
          through thick and thin, I'll stick with the raps but the past few games have been soo hard to watch.

you'd think after the dunk on bosh, they would be fired up... they couldnt even pull off a win against the wiz and just got demolished against ATL.
          As I said over at the RR blog last night, I now know how it feels to be a Maple Leafs fan. These are hard times as a fan right now.

BTW, nice to have you here at the new RR Forums, sky.

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
            I thought BC had a great summer re-tooling the team. I think everyone thought so too.

It's too bad Reggie Evans got hurt because I think his loss has a lot to do with our lack of defence and on-court toughness, since he was specifically brought in to help change the defensive culture of this team.
            Come on now, one guy can't make that much of a difference on D. Reggie Evans can only be in one place on the floor. There is no pride on D and a 20 minute/game role player isn't going to overcome that. This problem is due to Colangelo and Triano.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Come on now, one guy can't make that much of a difference on D. Reggie Evans can only be in one place on the floor. There is no pride on D and a 20 minute/game role player isn't going to overcome that. This problem is due to Colangelo and Triano.
              And truth be told, Evans was never really that great on defense anyways. Toughness? Sure, but I find it amusing when Raptors fans think Reg is going to improve our team defence ten fold.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                As I said over at the RR blog last night, I now know how it feels to be a Maple Leafs fan. These are hard times as a fan right now.

BTW, nice to have you here at the new RR Forums, sky.
                thx doc.

its been hard to swallow the past few games. its pretty sad to note that some dont even feel like the raps will be able to beat the nets...

Comment

Working...
                X