ESPN: Raptors Losing Interest in Doing a Deal with Bosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN: Raptors Losing Interest in Doing a Deal with Bosh

Bosh's Twitterization of the courting process, which included several tweets of anticipation leading up to the July 1 commencement of free agency, didn't sit well with the Raptors either, the source said.

Bosh met with the Rockets and Raptors at the onset of the free agent market and over the past two days met with the Miami Heat, New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls at the Chicago office of his agent, Henry Thomas.

The philosophical change on the Raptors' part restricts Bosh's choices to the teams with sufficient salary cap space to offer a max contract: the Bulls, Clippers, Heat, Knicks and Nets.

It also hampers teams who hoped to acquire Bosh via trade while preserving their cap space to use on another player or players.

According to the source, Bosh, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are still intrigued by the possibility of all playing together, be it in Miami, Chicago or elsewhere.
    Linky: ESPN

Not really a fan of this to be honest, just for the simple fact that I at least want SOMETHING for Bosh in return. I'd hate to see him just walk. Then again, he has been a douche bag throughout this entire process and doesn't deserve an extra 30 million.

But in the end, I want what's best for the Raptors, and that's getting something in return.

Comment

bosh lebron, and wade will not play together.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Raptors Leaning away from a Sign and Trade

Not alot of commentary on my part just a link
        Basicly says we are frustrated with the deals we would get in return for Bosh, and we are also unhappy with the way Bosh has been presenting himself on Twitter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5352236

Comment

Just get something for him Colangelo, my expectations are already low on his return and I hope at least that you will get either a first rounder, young players or the the $16 million dollars trade exemption.

If Bosh walks for nothing then Colangelo should pack his bags as well.

Comment

Aww i just posted this too lol :P

Comment

It's nice to see the organization finally standing up for itself (if this news is true). It might hurt in the short term, but hopefully it pays off in the long run.

Comment

I think this is a smoke screen. The Raptors are looking to take advantage of Bosh's character flaws and drive the price up on a S&T... Damn, if you told me a year ago that Bosh was one of the most insecure players in the league I would have laughed it off. Not anymore.

Comment

Hell, if Bosh leaves without a max contract I'll be shocked. He's the most money hungry out of all of them. He'll probably come crawling back to BC in a couple day begging him to S&T him to whoever is willing to overspend for the soft "big" man.

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
                    Aww i just posted this too lol :P
                    No worries, I have you covered. I merged them.

Comment

I just hope BC won't S&T CB4 just to help out CB4. BC must do whatever is the best for Raptors. Just to take back bad contracts to help CB4 will be a disaster, I rather see BC letting CB4 go for nothing. The best Raptors can hope is a trading exception along with a first round draft pick. No bad contracts back, please!!!!

Comment

Insight, these a huge businesses. They're not going to take a hit so that Bosh can leave them and make more money. If there was to be a S&T it would only happen if the Raptors got something of value back.

Comment

Yeah I think it's possible the Raptors put that out there to make the teams who are hoping for a S &T to up the ante a bit (and that article said the Spurs are one of them as well - interesting). Nothing wrong with that.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

If Bosh wanted to go to the Spurs and the Spurs were willing to flip Parker this way would you guys like that trade if the Raptors also had a couple trades in the works to move current PGs? I think it would be interesting. Even if they S&T Splitter and a trade exception that would be very interesting.

Comment

With RJ opting out are the Spurs below the cap enough to send a trade exception?

I'd be interested if BC has other trades in queue. I like Tony Parker, Splitter is kind of a mystery though.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                              X