ESPN: Raptors Losing Interest in Doing a Deal with Bosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macc wrote: View Post
    I completely agree. Bosh thinks he still has all the power in Toronto even though he says he wants no business with them. If I were BC I say let him walk and forget about him having max years and dollars. Save money and keep rebuilding.
    I think some are reading too much into the angst being felt by the Raptors Org.

As someone else has already alluded to this is an event playing out like a poker game. There is bluffing and posturing and raising of the ante etc etc. In the final analysis what everyone is angling for is the best deal for themselves here. If the reports are true about the org. feelings, it could very well be that it is a shot across the bow on a couple of levels...a) Lets Bosh and his people know that we would like to be kept in the loop b) Lets those who would like to employ Bosh that we would rather walk than consider bad deals...in other words sharpen their pencils.

All in all a good plant of a story

Comment

Realist wrote: View Post
      No, those words are moronic. You don't give Bosh and extra 30 million, help another Eastern Conference team build a power house and get a gluttony of horrible contracts and useless pieces in return.

That poster should be fired, as should you.
      I never said anything about getting back horrible contracts and useless pieces, do you make crap up as you go just like you do on RealGM forum?!

Comment

AltRaps wrote: View Post
        You mean like the Vince Carter and TMac deals?

Not the same. In the Carter scenario he was under contract and still owed a lot of money. He had a bad history of injuries at that time and was pretty much faking an injured leg and tanking games. They had to move him but jumped too soon. In the T-Mac scenario didn't they just trade him for a 1st round pick? It's a little hazy being ten years ago now...

Comment

this is bad for us i think the raptors need to swallow there ego and just make a deal something is better then nothing
          ya dun noe

Comment

It is just posturing from BC
            nbaroundtable

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I think this is a smoke screen. The Raptors are looking to take advantage of Bosh's character flaws and drive the price up on a S&T... Damn, if you told me a year ago that Bosh was one of the most insecure players in the league I would have laughed it off. Not anymore.
              Bosh is such an attention whore, it is not even funny.. If Bosh happens to walk, I would not blame Colangelo for allowing that. Bosh is pissing on the organization and its reputation.. However, a first and second rounder and a large TPE is the way to go,even if the fans and Colangelo, do not like it.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                Yeah I think it's possible the Raptors put that out there to make the teams who are hoping for a S &T to up the ante a bit (and that article said the Spurs are one of them as well - interesting). Nothing wrong with that.
                best case scenario is wade or lebron sign with Chicago and bosh wants to go there since chicago cant sign to max free agents they would need our help so we can demand joakim noah in return.
                ya dun noe

Comment

RAPTORS BLUFF --- not interested in s&T

Bosh is simply doing what is best for him. The Raptors Organization have the same motive do whats best for the Organization (MAKE BIG PROFIT) via fans and season tickets etc...

Bosh knows his health and understands that the position he plays and the beating his light-pole body takes only has soo many good years left. He aint Howard.
                  THus maximize NOW!
                  He won't last as long as LABROWN and WADE. Bosh will also never get as many sponsers as Lebrone and Wade....So he must maximize now...

As for the Raptors...BC is among the best GM in the league... This is a game of poker... and If he just called a bluff letting BOSH and the league know... they are not interested in S&T ... he just did a damn smart thing. Either way Raptors will get burned is bosh walks or not... cause they are in rebuilding mode. The ball is in Bosh court now.

THE END>

Comment

Realist wrote: View Post
                    No, those words are moronic. You don't give Bosh and extra 30 million, help another Eastern Conference team build a power house and get a gluttony of horrible contracts and useless pieces in return.

That poster should be fired, as should you.
                    I agree with realist here. If you are going to get horrible contracts for the Bosh S & T, you might as well, let him walk for nothing, instead of giving him his 30 million and creating a powerhouse. It drives the organization in the mud with its reputation and gives the players the feeling, they can request for a trade and actually be rewarded with it with the extra 6th year. It sets a bad precedent for the organization and might be the final nail in the coffin which will move the franchise to "NBA needs a franchise here" Seattle.

Comment

Cut Bosh a little slack fellas, because after all he has been waiting for this day for 4 years now.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        Cut Bosh a little slack fellas, because after all he has been waiting for this day for 4 years now.
                        So I guess we were just the ugly hor he was banging until we were tossed aside when prettier girls showed up??!!!!

No wonder we feel so special!

btw I lost some money today when I betted on Argentina so I am more pissed then you are Doc you German fan you!

Comment

Cut Raptors a little slack fellas, because after all we havent done anything meaningful in this league since the Carter days.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            So I guess we were just the ugly hor he was banging until we were tossed aside when prettier girls showed up??!!!!

No wonder we feel so special!

btw I lost some money today when I betted on Argentina so I am more pissed then you are Doc you German fan you!
                            LOL ... sorry about that Hotshot.

BTW, my comment about cutting Bosh a little slack was said in jest. I'm a little annoyed by his video the other day where he mentioned how much he's been looking forward in being a free agent. More evidence that the man just cared about himself the entire time.

Comment

Rouge wrote: View Post
                              Cut Raptors a little slack fellas, because after all we havent done anything meaningful in this league since the Carter days.
                              And even then we did nothing meaningful unless you count making it one round deeper in the playoffs as something special.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                                Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I think this is a smoke screen. The Raptors are looking to take advantage of Bosh's character flaws and drive the price up on a S&T... Damn, if you told me a year ago that Bosh was one of the most insecure players in the league I would have laughed it off. Not anymore.
                                As is more often the case then not we are not in agreement on something my friend

This is how I see it.

1. Bosh is a smart fella. - For example he cut his hair before doing all of these interviews

2. Bosh realizes that a career as a NBA player is short lived

3. Only Bosh knows how much pain he can endure on his busted up knee and what not. So only he knows how long he might have as a top notch player

4. I don't agree that what Bosh is doing is driving down his "brand value". This of course is totally subjective and many think what he is doing is in fact driving down his "brand value".
                                Ok, so I'll stop it right there. I think you've misunderstood what I am saying. I never said Bosh was driving down his value by acting like an insecure d-bag. What I am saying is it's a major flaw, it's unprofessional and it's an excellent opportunity for the Raptors to play up the idea that it's leading them to becoming disinterested in dealing with Bosh. That doesn't change Bosh's market value but if Bosh should want to play for a team that is capped or he really wants to get that extra year and millions, the Raptors are already in an established position where they aren't looking to deal. With that position established teams could try to offer more enticing offers to the Raptors to get it done.

And for the record, if Bosh were a smart and strong man he would be able to suppress his weakness and handle this as James is handling it. Professionally and quietly.
                                Last edited by Apollo; Sat Jul 3, 2010, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X