Ford: Does Bosh Hold The Key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford: Does Bosh Hold The Key?

The pertinent questions regarding Bosh seem to be the following: Is he as committed to LeBron as LeBron is to him? Would he prefer to join Wade? Is he hoping it works out that all three of them can play together? Or will he go in a different direction, with teams like the Rockets and perhaps the Lakers interested in him? How critical is it to him that he get the largest possible contract, which can happen only if he stays in Toronto or leaves via sign-and-trade?

The Cavs, Bulls, Heat, Knicks and Nets are among the teams that have all been working to figure out how to acquire Bosh from the Raptors in a deal in which Toronto would sign-and-trade Bosh to Cleveland, Chicago, Miami, New York or New Jersey. But in the meantime, Bosh’s intentions remain unclear, as he’s been “hard to read,” according to one team executive.

Which way is Bosh leaning? The evidence at this point is mostly mixed and circumstantial. Bosh went to dinner on Thursday night in Chicago with Wade and afterward tweeted, "Just had dinner w @dwadeofficial. Great way to end day 1 of #freeagency although it feels like someone is missing." Many believe that the tweet referred to LeBron, but that’s only an educated guess.

If Bosh is insisting that he get a full max contract via a sign-and-trade, it might be that he’s holding up the whole process, especially as Toronto president Bryan Colangelo is taking a tough stance in trade discussions, demanding either a star player or cap space (via a trade exception) and draft picks. Colangelo is very reluctant to take back players like Bulls forward Luol Deng or Heat forward Michael Beasley as part of any deal, complicating sign-and-trade options. And as J.A. Adande reports, the Raptors are losing interest in a Bosh sign-and-trade, according to a source.

So while we focus on Wade, who appears to have Chicago and Miami in his sights, and LeBron, who seems to be considering Cleveland, Chicago and New Jersey, it’s another player who might hold the key.

What does CB4 want? What will he settle for? Find the answers to those questions and you may solve the free agent puzzle of 2010.
    Linky: ESPN

CB4 wants media attention and money thats all he wants
    ya dun noe

Comment

The only key Bosh holds is to D-wades pants. I've never seen someone so hungry for attention. This would be awesome if Bosh didn't get the max deal because he will never make up the money after the collective bargain gets redone HAHAHHA. Plus his film career is even bigger joke.

Comment

Its sad, because about 2 months ago I would defend Bosh till the bitter end, but now I could care less what happens with him and personally have lost some respect for him on how he's handled everything as of late. I'm also to the point where I don't care whether or not we get anything in return or not. I want it to be over with so we can move on for the rest of the summer.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          Its sad, because about 2 months ago I would defend Bosh till the bitter end, but now I could care less what happens with him and personally have lost some respect for him on how he's handled everything as of late. I'm also to the point where I don't care whether or not we get anything in return or not. I want it to be over with so we can move on for the rest of the summer.
          i absolutly agree with everything you just said
          I have no more feelings towards the situation and i just want it all to be over
          I wont boo him when he comes back (to the ACC) or cheer him, i just really dont care..

Comment

Working...
          X