Rookie Rankings 2010-2011 Crystal Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hassan wrote: View Post
    does ed davis have the potential to be as good as bosh?
    Um, judging from where Bosh was at at the same age, Davis is way behind Bosh offensively (probably safe to say Davis is as much Bosh as Bargnani is Nowitzki), though he certainly has the potential to be better on defense. IMO, he can be a defensively responsible double double machine, but not a superstar/quasi-franchise player/1st or 2nd option on offense.
    Last edited by Quixotic; Sat Jul 3, 2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      I think most Raptors fans are in dream land about Davis. You guys/gals complained all season about DeRozan, some of it definitely justified, and Davis is not near as talented as DeRozan.

I am willing to bet that no one on this forum has seen him play more than a handful of games at the most.
      I'll take your bet. How much? Belittling posters is your best rebuttal?

Comment

The Depth Chart is

Center - Bargnani/?
        PF - Johnson/Evans
        Evans should end up behind Davis, possibly Dorsey as well. Dorsey may do everything Reggie does on the floor as well as Reggie does or better. Reggie was only a good pickup when you consider that by getting him we got rid of Kapono.

Comment

The Depth Chart is

Center - Bargnani/?
          PF - Johnson/Evans
          You don't even factor in the 13th pick in the draft? His upside is not what DeRozan's is, and he's probably more raw offensively, but he's ahead of where DeRozan was defensively and will only be asked to play defense and rebound at first. I'm pretty sure he can handle that.

After DeRozan was forcefed minutes last year when the team was actually trying to compete, why you think they wouldn't try and give Davis some minutes when the team is probably going to be concentrating on developing the youngsters, is beyond me.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim, some people are very high on Ed. Draft Express is giving him a best case Al Horford, worst case a better version of Udonis Haslem.

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            he's probably more raw offensively, but he's ahead of where DeRozan was defensively and will only be asked to play defense and rebound at first.
            I agree and everyone remember this, even with Bosh out of the lineup last season the Raptors could still score the ball, maybe not down the stretch as easily but overall they were fine. So fine that they averaged the same PPG with Bosh out of the lineup as with him playing; that's good for 5th in the league. With Bosh in the lineup they gave up 105 PPG, with him out they gave up 107 PPG; that's good(or should I say bad?) for 27th and 29th in the league respectively. Defense and rebounding have been their biggest problems since Davis, Oakley, JYD and Clark left Toronto. Colangelo is finally making strides to fix that long term with the likes of Davis and Johnson. Ed Davis is very limited on offense but that part of his game is not needed. All he needs to do is try to finish open looks close and when theirs nothing there, kick it back out. He could do that in college and it's something that Reggie Evans shown us, in limited time, he wasn't able to do and in the case of the kick out, not willing to do. Then there's the fact that Reggie's days are probably numbered in Toronto.

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            After DeRozan was forcefed minutes last year when the team was actually trying to compete, why you think they wouldn't try and give Davis some minutes when the team is probably going to be concentrating on developing the youngsters, is beyond me.
            Another excellent point that I've been trying to explain. I like your explanation more than mine.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Tim, some people are very high on Ed. Draft Express is giving him a best case Al Horford, worst case a better version of Udonis Haslem.
              Anyone who's read my blog recently knows how high I am on Davis. Of course, I live in Vancouver, so you might want to take that with a grain of salt.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Davis will be good defensive and rebounding big guy. I saw him match up against Cousins last year. Davis blocked cousins three times and held cousins too 5 points over the game. I think Davis will do fine as back up power forward. Reggie will see time matched up with bigs like dwight howard, shaq etc.. and thats it. Raptors are one of the youngest and most talented teams in the NBA and should have got some props if it wasn't for the American centric media. Davis is a much better athlete then Bosh faster, stronger and jump higher at the same age. All this off the court crap is going to make BOsh a worse player as the rest of the league works on getting better Bosh works the media

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I think most Raptors fans are in dream land about Davis. You guys/gals complained all season about DeRozan, some of it definitely justified, and Davis is not near as talented as DeRozan.

I am willing to bet that no one on this forum has seen him play more than a handful of games at the most.
                  I'll take your bet. How much? Belittling posters is your best rebuttal?
                  Amen Apollo.

Comment

Working...
                  X