Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lee + $5.5mill Trade Exception? Where Do We Sign?

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

man i just want this whole fiasco to end soon so i can get an idea about the roster next season

Post Thanks / Like

If your chick wants to have a 3some with another chick but your not exactly happy with the chick she wants to include...you do it anyway because of the posibilities it opens up...David Lee is that girl!!!
    Are you saying white guys are the fat chicks of the NBA?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

lol....... no I am saying getting those assets even though they do not gel with our team right at this moment is better then getting no assets, Meaning have the threesome and the hot girl is just around the corner..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think To has any interest in Lee other than to "perk up" Chicago in parting with Noah.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Bosh WILL NOT sign anywhere unless is Max contract (Rumour is Bosh "killed" a deal to Miami with Wade & LeBron (3 of them to split $$$).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee + Evans or Banks might get you Okafor (a true center)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee would not likely be an ideal fit on the roster as it is now, but maybe Lee and a trade exception could help form a Rubio trade with the Wolves? They seem to be interested in Lee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote No Respect wrote: View Post
    Lee would not likely be an ideal fit on the roster as it is now, but maybe Lee and a trade exception could help form a Rubio trade with the Wolves? They seem to be interested in Lee.
    lol why would we want rubio hes bascially the same as calderon just has more all star potential . defense is just as bad

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Okafor is a bad bad idea. BC will never get himself in that kind of trouble.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    So David Lee doesn't want to sign here, no one wants David Lee to sign here, he represents the exact player the raptors don't need, clogs a front court that would stunt other young player's growth, is bound to be overpaid for overproducing on a shitty team devoid of rebounders and would give the raptors another slow white, nonathletic white guy on a team that already has too many of them.

I like David Lee and some team might be lucky to get him, but every night before I go to bed I light a candle and make a silent prayer it won't be the raptors.
    The light a candle part is funny.. has it come to that for rap fans to pray bc does not get an euro..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote smushmush wrote: View Post
    The light a candle part is funny.. has it come to that for rap fans to pray bc does not get an euro..
    And not in the racist part. I am an international man and make friends from all cultures..

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

how about a 3-way sending LEE to Minny, BOSH to NY and Ricky Rubio to the RAPTORS. Don't know if Rubio will play this year or wait til 2011-2012. he could play off the bench when Turk and Jack take a breather to develop his game. We would obviously not need the 'other' spanish PG

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote it is what it is wrote: View Post
    If the choice is Lee and 5 million dollar trade exception which is much more of an asset then some of you realize or Bosh leaving for nothing every GM in the league will take Lee and the exemption...
    You keep forgetting that's not the only choice. If the Raptors have to deal with the Knicks, they can either choose to get nothing, get a $5-6.5 mil TPE credit and Lee on a contract starting at $10-11.5 mil, or simply a $16.5 mil TPE credit. On a team that already has Bargnani, I'd go for the very last option. As you said, the TPE credit can be an asset, and I'd rather try to find a better fit than Lee with the $16.5 mil TPE credit (I'd rather have Okafor than Lee, for instance).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thomas1 wrote: View Post
    Okafor is a bad bad idea. BC will never get himself in that kind of trouble.
    David Lee would likely get the same salary in this overpaying market, and would be even worse trouble.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    You keep forgetting that's not the only choice. If the Raptors have to deal with the Knicks, they can either choose to get nothing, get a $5-6.5 mil TPE credit and Lee on a contract starting at $10-11.5 mil, or simply a $16.5 mil TPE credit. On a team that already has Bargnani, I'd go for the very last option. As you said, the TPE credit can be an asset, and I'd rather try to find a better fit than Lee with the $16.5 mil TPE credit (I'd rather have Okafor than Lee, for instance).
    that is an option....maybe a better one...I just dont think Lee is the posion for this team that everything thinks he is....

I am fan of david Lee and I am fan of getting an all star back in a sign and trade sure some deck chairs would need to be shuffled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote it is what it is wrote: View Post
    that is an option....maybe a better one...I just dont think Lee is the posion for this team that everything thinks he is....

I am fan of david Lee and I am fan of getting an all star back in a sign and trade sure some deck chairs would need to be shuffled.
    If we had a defensive stalwart at the 5, Lee might not be a bad choice depending on his contract demands, but considering one of our two starting bigs will be Bargnani, we need all the defensive help we can get. For him to not be a bad addition to our team, he would have to accept something closer to MLE value than the 8-digit salary he's probably looking for.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hassan wrote: View Post
    lol why would we want rubio hes bascially the same as calderon just has more all star potential . defense is just as bad
    You might be right, I don't know enough about Rubio's game, I've only read the press clippings. But if half of what's out there on him is true he might be a good gamble. Not sure if he is part of the Minny rebuild, but they seem to want Lee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote No Respect wrote: View Post
    You might be right, I don't know enough about Rubio's game, I've only read the press clippings. But if half of what's out there on him is true he might be a good gamble. Not sure if he is part of the Minny rebuild, but they seem to want Lee.
    i think rubio has what it takes to be as good as Steve Nash same game. he would be really good on a good defensive team like the Celtics or the magic because his defense is worse then Nash's. hes drawn comparisons to Pete Maravich and Steve Nash

Post Thanks / Like

Damn man, I just don't know. $11M/yr for David Lee strikes me as one of those "I hope you know what you're doing because you don't look the part" kind of deals. That's a lot of money for a role player. Especially when they just drafted Ed Davis and signed Amir to $35M. What was the point in signing Amir for that kind of money if they're going to turn around and sign a guy to twice as much to knock him down the depth chart? I think Amir and Ed both fit the Raptors better than David Lee even if they're not on the same level... YET.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hassan wrote: View Post
    Excuse me? I hope you're not basing the comparison on something more than there's both Spanish PGs, because I really don't see the comparison. Rubio is an electrifying passer, can shred the defense and is brilliant running the fast break. He's also great at playing the passing lanes and should be able to stay in front of his man on defense. Sometimes he does a little too much, however, trying the risky pass, instead of the easier one. He's also not a great shooter.

Ya, that's Calderon to a `T'.

And your assertion that he's just as bad as Calderon is on D is based on what exactly?

Rubio was considered by many to be the second best player in the draft last year, has an incredibly high basketball IQ, is one of those transcendent point guards that can turn your team into a winner. He's a clutch player who won the Euroleague title this past year and won silver medal at the 2008 Olympics as an 18 year old starting PG. The guy is special, but he is white and he is European, so a lot of fans around here may not like based solely on those two attributes.

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Damn man, I just don't know. $11M/yr for David Lee strikes me as one of those "I hope you know what you're doing because you don't look the part" kind of deals. That's a lot of money for a role player. Especially when they just drafted Ed Davis and signed Amir to $35M. What was the point in signing Amir for that kind of money if they're going to turn around and sign a guy to twice as much to knock him down the depth chart? I think Amir and Ed both fit the Raptors better than David Lee even if they're not on the same level... YET.
    Exactly.

Thread Information