Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lee + $5.5mill Trade Exception? Where Do We Sign?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hassan wrote: View Post
    lol why would we want rubio hes bascially the same as calderon just has more all star potential . defense is just as bad
    I can't believe your actually comparing him to Calderon!? I've been watching Rubio for 5 years now, he is going to absolutely rock the league. He's been tagged average athletically, which is why people who have no idea what their talking about say he has bad defence. However, being a pro for so long has raised his bball IQ way higher then any player who has been in the NBA for 5 years or less (with some exceptions- Durant) Playing Euro ball, he understands how important team defence is. He's not going to be a rookie when he comes in, more of a savvy vet. Rubio's success on defence is going to be a direct correlation with the defensive scheme he is in.

Post Thanks / Like

I read on ESPN site today (from their tweet section - sorry, I don't have the link) that NY has been offered Monta Ellis (GS) and Al Jefferson (MIN) for a David Lee S&T.

If Bosh were to choose NY, a 3 or 4 team deal with David Lee going to another team, could net the Raptors some good assets in return (players/picks/trade exception). David Lee may not fit well with the Raptors, but he does have a lot of value for other teams.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I read on ESPN site today (from their tweet section - sorry, I don't have the link) that NY has been offered Monta Ellis (GS) and Al Jefferson (MIN) for a David Lee S&T.

If Bosh were to choose NY, a 3 or 4 team deal with David Lee going to another team, could net the Raptors some good assets in return (players/picks/trade exception). David Lee may not fit well with the Raptors, but he does have a lot of value for other teams.
    It's interesting, though, that Lee, Jefferson and Monta are all poor defensive players, none of whom I would have any interest in whatsoever.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    It's interesting, though, that Lee, Jefferson and Monta are all poor defensive players, none of whom I would have any interest in whatsoever.
    What FA's would interest you?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    What FA's would interest you?
    Well, Al Jefferson and Monta Ellis aren't free agents. They're simply guys who are on the block, and in my opinion, they're on the block for a very good reason.

As for free agents, guys like Travis Outlaw, Ronnie Brewer, Ryan Gomes, maybe Josh Childress, and possibly even a Chris Duhon if the Raptors trade away one of their PGs. I don't think the Raptors are going to find a home run on the free agent front, but I think they can find a nice, young piece who will bring what the Raptors need and help for the future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information