Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lee + $5.5mill Trade Exception? Where Do We Sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee + $5.5mill Trade Exception? Where Do We Sign?

Lee has now met with Chicago, Miami and Minnesota, but he has been proceeding with the understanding that the Toronto Raptors could be his ultimate destination if Chris Bosh decides to go to New York. The Raptors are amenable to such a deal, and the salaries would not have to match because Toronto would be trading Bosh into open cap space. If they got Lee at an $11 million starting salary, the Raptors would also gain a $5.5 million trade exception, and Bosh would get a sixth year on his deal and 10.5 percent annual raises, increasing the value of his contract by $30 million.

The key to everything is James, of course, and the Knicks have told James he can bring along whichever big man he chooses, be it Amare Stoudemire, Bosh, Lee or Carlos Boozer.
    Linky: ESPN

We don't sign.

Lee stinks defensively. He is the last thing we need. We will never solve our league-worst defense if we add players that are not above average defenders.

Besides, do we really need another PF, if you take a look at our current roster? Or is Lee gonna be a centre?

Comment

I would rather let Bosh walk or trade him to another team.

However to trade Bargnani for Lee would work for me

By taking Lee for Bosh the problem is

Now you have

Lee
      Bargnani
      Johnson
      Davis

Not enough minutes to go around. You only want a three man rotation between your #4 and #5. Giving Davis and Johnson only 13-15 min a game just won't cut it.
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Jul 4, 2010, 03:32 PM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It seems quite clear that Stoudemire has the PF position with the Knicks so Bosh will probably be going elsewhere. Lee will also have to go elsewhere.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...doWuYJELkPBzsM

Comment

Haven't half the people here shown what a horrible idea it would be to have Lee? Do we really need to continue to go over this?
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Im pretty sure, there will be a third team involved that would bring us a guard instead of landing us Lee. (possibly barbosa?)

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Haven't half the people here shown what a horrible idea it would be to have Lee? Do we really need to continue to go over this?
              what type of cheese would you like?

Comment

Please no. Hate, hate hate it. I really like Lee's attitude and hustle, but he would just be an awful fit on the current Raptors frontcourt.

Comment

I think if this offer comes up it is in the best intrest of the Raptors to take it.
                  I get the defensive fear everyone has....However it does not mean that Lee or Andrea could not be moved in a seperate trade...There is no doubt he is a solid borderline all star...

If your choices are let Bosh walk for nothing or get an allstart and 5 mil trade exception too me its a no brainer...This does not mean that him and Andrea have to play together for the next few years...

I also think Lee's defence is hardly worse then CB4's and Lee is a better rebounder...

Again not saying they would not get torched but You have to make this deal...

Lee would be a great fit with the young gunzs too...
                  Last edited by it is what it is; Sun Jul 4, 2010, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Unless there is an immediate taker for Lee for some young assets and picls I would rather have bosh walk away. He is not going to push us into contention by any stretch of the imagination. He posted good numbers on a very bad team with a very liberal style of play under Dantoni. Overrated, if you ask me and when you combine the fact he has very little defence and is posied to take away minutes from Amir and Ed, come on.
                    TPE is small to make it insignificant and you cant combine it too so all in all thanks but I'll pass.

Comment

Then trade Andrea but why just let Bosh walk away for nothing...If you can get all star assets...

I get his numbers are a bit inflated but I don't remember Bosh having a 40-20-10 night...Just sayin...

The raps need to get over the cap to have the MLE which is also a factor in the desire to get above the cap and make a sign and trade happen...

Do I think they are better sign and trades out there? Yes

Do I think If Bosh said I am going to NY no matter what work out a sign and trade or I leave for nothing...I do the trade....And then try to move another big...However call me super crazy but Andrea and Lee would not be as bad as everyone thinks...Davis is not ready for more then 15 minutes a night and Amir even though he is overpaid gets 20-25 minutes only due to foul trouble so that is no concern to me because by the time Amir learns to play without gettting fouls or Davis is ready for major minutes then BC who is not shy by the way will make a trade...

So please tell me how this is better then letting him walk for nothing in that scenario???

Comment

Flip Lee

It would work if they could flip Lee (and maybe Hedo or Jose) to Houston for part of the package of players they (Houston) was willing to give up for Bosh.... but it looks like NY has already found their PF in Amare....

Comment

it is what it is wrote: View Post
                          Then trade Andrea but why just let Bosh walk away for nothing...If you can get all star assets...

The raps need to get over the cap to have the MLE which is also a factor in the desire to get above the cap and make a sign and trade happen...

[...]

So please tell me how this is better then letting him walk for nothing in that scenario???
                          A bigger trade exception isn't exactly "nothing"; it has the potential of letting you choose to receive a player from a different team than the one Bosh wants to sign with.

The Raptors do NOT need to get over the cap as you just suggested, because as it stands, even if we trade Bosh for nothing, we are still close enough to the cap to use the MLE. Therefore, it is not a factor as you declared.

It's not like you're getting Lee for free. Lee has a choice in this matter, so if Toronto wants him in return, we are probably going to end up paying quite a bit for his services. That contract will limit us in our attempt to build a defensively responsible team. And yes, Lee is even worse defensively than Bosh.

Comment

Whether or not you would've done this hypothetical trade should only come down to one factor, in my opinion. And that's whether you think Lee can improve defensively. He might be overrated offensively because he played on the Knicks, but there are things you can still take away from his game.

He is a solid finisher inside (66% on 7.2 FGA, 59.3% of the assisted; 66% on 5 FGA, 60.3% of them assisted on average for centers playing 30mpg+). He's a good jumpshooter from 16ft+ (43% on 4.9 FGA; 39.9% on 2.1 FGA on average). Only Kaman comes close as a jumpshooter on 4fga+ (42%) and Kaman has always been a good shooter. Horford hit 48%, but only took 2.2 a game.

He's also a good passer, right up there with good passing big men like Duncan and Horford at 1.56 A:T and behind only Nene with a 15.63 AR, while leading big men in apg. He was also only behind Howard in DRR. His offensive rebounding is somewhat below average, but defensive rebounding is more important and he killed it.

Everyone also talks about how his numbers were inflated, which is barely the case at all, considering New York was only one possession p48m above league average, good for only tenth in the league.

It all really comes down to defence and how much you think Lee can improve on that end by playing at PF and, you know, actually working on it and improving. If you don't think he can improve, no matter how good offensively you think he is, it's not a good move for the Raptors. They can't be paying two defensive liabilities $10m+/yr. You can't win like that.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              It seems quite clear that Stoudemire has the PF position with the Knicks so Bosh will probably be going elsewhere. Lee will also have to go elsewhere.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...doWuYJELkPBzsM
                              ya,bosh and amare aren't going to be on the same team.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X