Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lee + $5.5mill Trade Exception? Where Do We Sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be perfectly fine with David Lee. He his arguably the second best rebounder in the league in the league behind Howard. Yeah, his defense isn't good, but it's not as awful as another site makes it out to be(you know the one where you're white or a "euro' you're garbage and can't play the game?) he's played on the Knicks his entire career and most of the time played centre, completely our of position. He isn't a shot blocker and he isn't a centre. He is a pure power forward who will get you 20/10 a night, just like a Bosh, but doesn't demand the ball like Bosh does.

Obviously is this move happens, our three big rotation appears to be really solid. In all honesty I can see both Alabi and Ed Davis playing in the D-League next season if Colangelo wants to challenge for a playoff spot and develop talent(and it appears he will, since he's trying to save his job.)

Comment

So David Lee doesn't want to sign here, no one wants David Lee to sign here, he represents the exact player the raptors don't need, clogs a front court that would stunt other young player's growth, is bound to be overpaid for overproducing on a shitty team devoid of rebounders and would give the raptors another slow white, nonathletic white guy on a team that already has too many of them.

I like David Lee and some team might be lucky to get him, but every night before I go to bed I light a candle and make a silent prayer it won't be the raptors.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
        [...]s and would give the raptors another slow white, nonathletic white guy on a team that already has too many of them.
        His whiteness is so important it needs mentioning twice.

Relax, I'm just teasing.

Comment

To be fair he is athletic...

And yes, Amare looks to be committed to NY and has already talked to Melo and Tony Parker about joining him there. Can we just lock this thread now?
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Bosh coming back here without major tinkering does not put us in title contention either...

If the choice is Lee and 5 million dollar trade exception which is much more of an asset then some of you realize or Bosh leaving for nothing every GM in the league will take Lee and the exemption...

That 5 million exception added to expiring contracs of Evans and Banks near the trade deadline can get you a 15million player....

Again I dont think Lee is as good as Bosh but Lee is better then nothing I havent heard an argument that makes sense to let Bosh go for nothing when you can get 2 assets instead of 0

Lee is very good basketball player and even though he is not the greatest fit with our club does not mean that he or Andrea can not be moved.....

If your chick wants to have a 3some with another chick but your not exactly happy with the chick she wants to include...you do it anyway because of the posibilities it opens up...David Lee is that girl!!!
            Last edited by it is what it is; Sun Jul 4, 2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

man i just want this whole fiasco to end soon so i can get an idea about the roster next season
              ya dun noe

Comment

If your chick wants to have a 3some with another chick but your not exactly happy with the chick she wants to include...you do it anyway because of the posibilities it opens up...David Lee is that girl!!!
                Are you saying white guys are the fat chicks of the NBA?
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

lol....... no I am saying getting those assets even though they do not gel with our team right at this moment is better then getting no assets, Meaning have the threesome and the hot girl is just around the corner..

Comment

I dont think To has any interest in Lee other than to "perk up" Chicago in parting with Noah.

Comment

Because Bosh WILL NOT sign anywhere unless is Max contract (Rumour is Bosh "killed" a deal to Miami with Wade & LeBron (3 of them to split $$$).

Comment

Lee + Evans or Banks might get you Okafor (a true center)

Comment

Lee would not likely be an ideal fit on the roster as it is now, but maybe Lee and a trade exception could help form a Rubio trade with the Wolves? They seem to be interested in Lee.

Comment

No Respect wrote: View Post
                            Lee would not likely be an ideal fit on the roster as it is now, but maybe Lee and a trade exception could help form a Rubio trade with the Wolves? They seem to be interested in Lee.
                            lol why would we want rubio hes bascially the same as calderon just has more all star potential . defense is just as bad
                            ya dun noe

Comment

Okafor is a bad bad idea. BC will never get himself in that kind of trouble.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                                So David Lee doesn't want to sign here, no one wants David Lee to sign here, he represents the exact player the raptors don't need, clogs a front court that would stunt other young player's growth, is bound to be overpaid for overproducing on a shitty team devoid of rebounders and would give the raptors another slow white, nonathletic white guy on a team that already has too many of them.

I like David Lee and some team might be lucky to get him, but every night before I go to bed I light a candle and make a silent prayer it won't be the raptors.
                                The light a candle part is funny.. has it come to that for rap fans to pray bc does not get an euro..

Comment

Working...
                                X