Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lee + $5.5mill Trade Exception? Where Do We Sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smushmush wrote: View Post
    The light a candle part is funny.. has it come to that for rap fans to pray bc does not get an euro..
    And not in the racist part. I am an international man and make friends from all cultures..

Comment

how about a 3-way sending LEE to Minny, BOSH to NY and Ricky Rubio to the RAPTORS. Don't know if Rubio will play this year or wait til 2011-2012. he could play off the bench when Turk and Jack take a breather to develop his game. We would obviously not need the 'other' spanish PG

Comment

it is what it is wrote: View Post
        If the choice is Lee and 5 million dollar trade exception which is much more of an asset then some of you realize or Bosh leaving for nothing every GM in the league will take Lee and the exemption...
        You keep forgetting that's not the only choice. If the Raptors have to deal with the Knicks, they can either choose to get nothing, get a $5-6.5 mil TPE credit and Lee on a contract starting at $10-11.5 mil, or simply a $16.5 mil TPE credit. On a team that already has Bargnani, I'd go for the very last option. As you said, the TPE credit can be an asset, and I'd rather try to find a better fit than Lee with the $16.5 mil TPE credit (I'd rather have Okafor than Lee, for instance).

Comment

thomas1 wrote: View Post
          Okafor is a bad bad idea. BC will never get himself in that kind of trouble.
          David Lee would likely get the same salary in this overpaying market, and would be even worse trouble.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
            You keep forgetting that's not the only choice. If the Raptors have to deal with the Knicks, they can either choose to get nothing, get a $5-6.5 mil TPE credit and Lee on a contract starting at $10-11.5 mil, or simply a $16.5 mil TPE credit. On a team that already has Bargnani, I'd go for the very last option. As you said, the TPE credit can be an asset, and I'd rather try to find a better fit than Lee with the $16.5 mil TPE credit (I'd rather have Okafor than Lee, for instance).
            that is an option....maybe a better one...I just dont think Lee is the posion for this team that everything thinks he is....

I am fan of david Lee and I am fan of getting an all star back in a sign and trade sure some deck chairs would need to be shuffled.

Comment

it is what it is wrote: View Post
              that is an option....maybe a better one...I just dont think Lee is the posion for this team that everything thinks he is....

I am fan of david Lee and I am fan of getting an all star back in a sign and trade sure some deck chairs would need to be shuffled.
              If we had a defensive stalwart at the 5, Lee might not be a bad choice depending on his contract demands, but considering one of our two starting bigs will be Bargnani, we need all the defensive help we can get. For him to not be a bad addition to our team, he would have to accept something closer to MLE value than the 8-digit salary he's probably looking for.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                lol why would we want rubio hes bascially the same as calderon just has more all star potential . defense is just as bad
                You might be right, I don't know enough about Rubio's game, I've only read the press clippings. But if half of what's out there on him is true he might be a good gamble. Not sure if he is part of the Minny rebuild, but they seem to want Lee.

Comment

No Respect wrote: View Post
                  You might be right, I don't know enough about Rubio's game, I've only read the press clippings. But if half of what's out there on him is true he might be a good gamble. Not sure if he is part of the Minny rebuild, but they seem to want Lee.
                  i think rubio has what it takes to be as good as Steve Nash same game. he would be really good on a good defensive team like the Celtics or the magic because his defense is worse then Nash's. hes drawn comparisons to Pete Maravich and Steve Nash
                  ya dun noe

Comment

Damn man, I just don't know. $11M/yr for David Lee strikes me as one of those "I hope you know what you're doing because you don't look the part" kind of deals. That's a lot of money for a role player. Especially when they just drafted Ed Davis and signed Amir to $35M. What was the point in signing Amir for that kind of money if they're going to turn around and sign a guy to twice as much to knock him down the depth chart? I think Amir and Ed both fit the Raptors better than David Lee even if they're not on the same level... YET.

Comment

lol why would we want rubio hes bascially the same as calderon just has more all star potential . defense is just as bad
                      Excuse me? I hope you're not basing the comparison on something more than there's both Spanish PGs, because I really don't see the comparison. Rubio is an electrifying passer, can shred the defense and is brilliant running the fast break. He's also great at playing the passing lanes and should be able to stay in front of his man on defense. Sometimes he does a little too much, however, trying the risky pass, instead of the easier one. He's also not a great shooter.

Ya, that's Calderon to a `T'.

And your assertion that he's just as bad as Calderon is on D is based on what exactly?

Rubio was considered by many to be the second best player in the draft last year, has an incredibly high basketball IQ, is one of those transcendent point guards that can turn your team into a winner. He's a clutch player who won the Euroleague title this past year and won silver medal at the 2008 Olympics as an 18 year old starting PG. The guy is special, but he is white and he is European, so a lot of fans around here may not like based solely on those two attributes.

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Damn man, I just don't know. $11M/yr for David Lee strikes me as one of those "I hope you know what you're doing because you don't look the part" kind of deals. That's a lot of money for a role player. Especially when they just drafted Ed Davis and signed Amir to $35M. What was the point in signing Amir for that kind of money if they're going to turn around and sign a guy to twice as much to knock him down the depth chart? I think Amir and Ed both fit the Raptors better than David Lee even if they're not on the same level... YET.
                      Exactly.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I can't believe your actually comparing him to Calderon!? I've been watching Rubio for 5 years now, he is going to absolutely rock the league. He's been tagged average athletically, which is why people who have no idea what their talking about say he has bad defence. However, being a pro for so long has raised his bball IQ way higher then any player who has been in the NBA for 5 years or less (with some exceptions- Durant) Playing Euro ball, he understands how important team defence is. He's not going to be a rookie when he comes in, more of a savvy vet. Rubio's success on defence is going to be a direct correlation with the defensive scheme he is in.

Comment

I read on ESPN site today (from their tweet section - sorry, I don't have the link) that NY has been offered Monta Ellis (GS) and Al Jefferson (MIN) for a David Lee S&T.

If Bosh were to choose NY, a 3 or 4 team deal with David Lee going to another team, could net the Raptors some good assets in return (players/picks/trade exception). David Lee may not fit well with the Raptors, but he does have a lot of value for other teams.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            I read on ESPN site today (from their tweet section - sorry, I don't have the link) that NY has been offered Monta Ellis (GS) and Al Jefferson (MIN) for a David Lee S&T.

If Bosh were to choose NY, a 3 or 4 team deal with David Lee going to another team, could net the Raptors some good assets in return (players/picks/trade exception). David Lee may not fit well with the Raptors, but he does have a lot of value for other teams.
                            It's interesting, though, that Lee, Jefferson and Monta are all poor defensive players, none of whom I would have any interest in whatsoever.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              It's interesting, though, that Lee, Jefferson and Monta are all poor defensive players, none of whom I would have any interest in whatsoever.
                              What FA's would interest you?

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                                What FA's would interest you?
                                Well, Al Jefferson and Monta Ellis aren't free agents. They're simply guys who are on the block, and in my opinion, they're on the block for a very good reason.

As for free agents, guys like Travis Outlaw, Ronnie Brewer, Ryan Gomes, maybe Josh Childress, and possibly even a Chris Duhon if the Raptors trade away one of their PGs. I don't think the Raptors are going to find a home run on the free agent front, but I think they can find a nice, young piece who will bring what the Raptors need and help for the future.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X