Forget D. Lee, Gimme Gallo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget D. Lee, Gimme Gallo

There has been a lot of talk about a sign and trade with the Knicks involving David Lee, but I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned the other possible sign and trade that I'm sure can be had from the Knicks:

Gallinari + Trade exception
    for
    Bosh

Gallo is only 22, and averaged 15 pts and 5 rebs in 34 minutes per game last year. This guy is a solid young player and would fill the need for wings on this team. I think he'd be a great addition to the young gunz and would compliment Derozan and Weems quite well in our wing arsenal.

And for those who think we don't need anymore euro's etc., that's a pretty ignorant viewpoint. Looking at this objectively based on stats and potential, and the needs of the team, I think this is what we should be exploring if Bosh chooses NY.

optifan wrote: View Post
    There has been a lot of talk about a sign and trade with the Knicks involving David Lee, but I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned the other possible sign and trade that I'm sure can be had from the Knicks:

Gallinari + Trade exception
    for
    Bosh

Gallo is only 22, and averaged 15 pts and 5 rebs in 34 minutes per game last year. This guy is a solid young player and would fill the need for wings on this team. I think he'd be a great addition to the young gunz and would compliment Derozan and Weems quite well in our wing arsenal.

And for those who think we don't need anymore euro's etc., that's a pretty ignorant viewpoint. Looking at this objectively based on stats and potential, and the needs of the team, I think this is what we should be exploring if Bosh chooses NY.
    I wouldn't mind Gallo, he's a very good player, but we need defense on this roster. We'd have to move someone, how much floor time would he honestly see with Hedo, Weems, DeRozan and to a lesser extent Belli?

Comment

Realist wrote: View Post
      I wouldn't mind Gallo, he's a very good player, but we need defense on this roster. We'd have to move someone, how much floor time would he honestly see with Hedo, Weems, DeRozan and to a lesser extent Belli?
      Actually I somewhat agree with you and think that if we acquired Gallo then pursuing a trade for Hedo is all the more important.

But if trading Hedo doesn't happen I don't see a huge problem with Derozan and Weems as our two SG's and Gallo and Hedo as our two SF's, with Belli filling in where required.

Comment

I'd definitely prefer Gallo over Lee, because 1) he'll be better value for the money, 2) we can afford a defensively weak player at the 3 more than we can next to Bargnani (relatively speaking), and 3) bye bye Turkoglu.

Ideally in a situation like this, we'd have DeRozan, Weems, Gallo and a 3 who can play D. I don't really care if Belinelli goes.

Comment

At this point, the Raptors have "potential" at every position except PG. It only makes sense to trade lesser potential for greater potential because you can't develop them all at the same time, I don't think. Unless, of course, you have another deal in the works.

There's just no room for Gallinari in our rotation unless you don't give time to another developing young player. It's just too easy to pick up wing players. The Raptors already have four for two spots, one being a major possession and minute eater in Turkoglu.

I also don't think the Knicks have any interest in Bosh anymore since they've picked up Amare for free.

Comment

Working...
          X